Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VV(Vivian) duo/trio style     submit to reddit submit to twitter

VV(Vivian) duo/trio style

been really interested about VV for a while, and i know lots of nin+rdmers etc have duo-trio-etc'd, just wanted to know how rough it is and what precautions would need to be taken? ie; fucking spiders nearby that can aggro blah

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

remedies and poison pots... get them... lots of them... millions of them... fill your inventory with 40 stacks of each... (ok thats overkill but the status effects it spits out SUCK) it has wide range aoe sleep (dont know the name of the move exactly) bad breath thats like all the others, i wasnt tanking but it was hitting a pld for 100ish+, it has meiyko shisui (sp) and can spam its crap multiple times -.- spiders do aggro and there is one in the hall leading into vv's room, i dont know about the other all though (leading to DA) its one of those NMs that the less tp you give, the better off you are... it attacks fast (like all marlboro's) but isnt hard to enfeeble, keep your poison pots up so the sleep doesnt effect you. (it also has NASTY poison... i think...) id say take more than a duo your first time to get a feel for it...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I dont think it would be that hard. Nin+rdm dont give that much tp and you wont get destroyed by add, you can probably kill before spider repop, and if you cant, rdm can sleep. Only hard part with 2 would be AoE sleep that can be countered with a rdm on poison potion.

With 3, just have someone stand back of AoE range or something, cant be that bad

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    With 3, just have someone stand back of AoE range or something, cant be that bad
    aoe range on its sleep is bigger than the usual 20' i think its more like 30

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Killgannon

I know. They can still stand back in one of the tunel >_> I believe its 25, not 30 tho.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I know. They can still stand back in one of the tunel >_> I believe its 25, not 30 tho.
    It's definitely 30 or more. I haven't duo'd or trio'd it since getting the distance plugin but it seemed to be about double the normal range. Maybe 35-40? It definitely affects you further than you're able to target her. The only problems we ever had when duoing or trioing were with his 2HR, sometimes you get unlucky. Also, his Impale (or something) move can and will sometimes reset hate on the tank, which can be devastating to the mage(s).

ok,so.... fuckload of remidies and poison potions for its gay aoestatus and aoesleep, clear spider(s) and go for fast kill, sleep if spider repop

think ill ask some friends for help when the time comes, thanks

uh, and something else i wanna be sure with...
    is it really window pop? 21~24? i read about killing PH and some other crap, not sure about its spawn behavior

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Two/Three of my LSmates duoed/triuoed it a few weeks ago, NIN RDM RDM (second RDM got there partway through). I'll ask them how they did it though I would guess the same way everything done with NIN and RDM is.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You should be fine duo or trio with a NIN and WHM or RDM. That only part that would be tough is during the 2 hour.

Never tried a duo but trio'd several times... nin/war tanking, rdm/whm out of aoe range, and a thf/nin training the spiders to the zone... no problem.

I heard of a BST soloing it with Spiders, must have been a hard fight.
    Wonder if Avesta/Wopa could solo it. . .

avesta already has, lol

does anyone have precise detail about his pop behavior? i keep getting mixed information...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sweet Breath is Malboro aoe sleep...well its only AOE on NMs like Vivian...

Pop condition is similar to LOO by my best guess...something like 18 hour-36 hour lotto or something stupid

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The hate reset on Impale isn't much of an issue. Just save Voke/Warcry and that's plenty to get hate back unless your RDM is nuking or has had to Convert/Cure IV. The 50/tick poison it gives, on the other hand, is pretty bad if the NIN rushed out without picking up Antidotes.

Basically, leave the 1/tick poison from Bad Breath on, making Sweet Breath a joke. If the mage gets slept, no big deal. NIN turns so as not to give her TP, puts on full evasion gear, and can easily tank it solo until sleep wears. It's a really easy fight if you just accept that it's going to take 20 minutes and don't rush it with a half-dozen melees.

Tonko

Could always Enspell it to death with low low damage daggers.

No Damage from melee hits = no TP for mob.

Now just don't take any damage yourself, and live through 2-hour.

Should be able to solo it on RDM if you're pimped.

I ran into a hume RDM/NIN soloing VV a few weeks ago. She has pretty much all the gear you would need and brought lots of meds of course. She has been camping this thing on and off with a duo/trio for a long time. It took her about 45minutes to 1hour. She never really got in too much trouble.

one of those mobs that can wipe an alliance but really easy with 2 or 3.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko
    This one?

edit: wtf why isnt linking working ;;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko
    This one?

edit: wtf why isnt linking working ;;
    Lose the quotes.