+ Reply to Thread

Gears of War/Gamertag Problem

Well here's the deal. I've been getting really damn frustruated the past few hours and tech support was retarded.

It started with it not being able to find a game to join. Then I couldn't host any games. So I figured, shit, server must be down or something.

So I went to just play campaign mode. I chose resume campaign, chose difficulty, and it kept sending me back to that screen. Over and over. So i'm unable to play both online and offline.

Then after like a half hour of screaming at the TV like Ty Pennington on Extreme Makeover, I logged off my gamertag.

I was then able to play. So that just confused the hell out of me.

So anyone have an idea of what I should do? Or is anyone else experiencing this too?

edit- I see Boyiee's topic about Live being down. But why can't I play offline?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I hear there's some been some problems with Xbox Live recently. I have no idea it's not letting play the single player mode though.

Xavier

Its been my experience that the match making in Gears of War absolutely blows in comparison to how Halo handles Live play.

Way too much control was given to the players, and it just results in constant boots from games, dropped games, etc.

I haven't experienced your problem though.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

You can play campaign if you sign off of live. They are connected incase you decide to do co-op with someone over live.

Sign out, and you can play campaign. All of Live is down right now however, it's not just gears.

edit: the downtime was only supposed to be 20minutes, and there was rumors flying about for alot of reasons why that might be. I think we are at about 1.5 hours though, and one of the support guys mentioned it was a big problem and the dev team was being called in lol. Not that big of a deal, I can't remember a time when live ever went down, and i'm so used to it with ffxi and wow I guess it just doesn't bother me at this point.

edit again: just found out its been down for almost 3.5 hours now lol. One of the tech support guys said ~4hr's though, guess we'll see. I really want to play too

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Xbox Live took it in the shitter tonight.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Xbox live always takes it in the shitter when I decide to play >_>

I think im bad karma lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    You can play campaign if you sign off of live. They are connected incase you decide to do co-op with someone over live.

Sign out, and you can play campaign. All of Live is down right now however, it's not just gears.

edit: the downtime was only supposed to be 20minutes, and there was rumors flying about for alot of reasons why that might be. I think we are at about 1.5 hours though, and one of the support guys mentioned it was a big problem and the dev team was being called in lol. Not that big of a deal, I can't remember a time when live ever went down, and i'm so used to it with ffxi and wow I guess it just doesn't bother me at this point.

edit again: just found out its been down for almost 3.5 hours now lol. One of the tech support guys said ~4hr's though, guess we'll see. I really want to play too
    Figured it out right before you posted, lol. But thanks.

I called the tech support earlier. She sounded retarded. But she also said Live would be down 4-8 hours, so if she's right... now ya know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah for some reason Live is down...