Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FAFNIR PICKUP PARTY GO     submit to reddit submit to twitter

2nd to last line says there will be freelotting.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

You gonna be online after the maint?

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

make sure to screenshot the flail ;o

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Since when is someone shouting to recruit for their linkshell worth its own thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Since when is someone shouting to recruit for their linkshell worth its own thread?
    They're not exactly a linkshell yet. >.> I know it says they'll be "handing out pearls in the new year," but this is still random pickup. I thought it was pretty funny.

There was an HNMS on gilgamesh that did that a long time ago- founded by Maat's Cap Mumu ^^. It was called "Random" he was frequently shouting in JP about it. One day they actually claimed a fafnir, with like 25-30 people and like 5 paladins they nearly full wiped with some people dying 20-30 times from wing (before it was pt/alliance only) they got it to 3% and it went yellow while they were zombieing it[they hadnt wiped- our LS had decided to let them full wipe before we touched it because of how hard they were trying] and another JPLS took claim and killed it... Aparently it ended in /emo'ness and lots of blogging.

Oh yea.. fafnir was doing laps of aery, and people were doing actions from all over the place.. tanks were lined up infront of him like a buffet eating breaths- good times^^.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh wins.

Wasn't Freeks and his band of merry JP a pickup group, too? They actually killed it a couple times.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Some Phoenix shell used to do this kind of thing; a social LS who took people from a couple HNMLS who were bored/wanted to kill/wanted to get gear/etc. and went camping. Was pretty successful, claimed quite a few Fafnir/Nidhoggs for however long it went on.

They weren't part of the Phoenix quartermastered Ridill, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

JP shout killed Vrtra on my server...

However the JP shout that tried Fafnir wiped..
    Go figure

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

we actually had a pick up fafnir of sorts on Carby a while back. few of us went to go check faf, he was in jp hours. well, jp shells were trying to let him walk around for a while to keep him in their time. so we started spamming anyone we knew to come out. as soon as we had enough ppl to claim him, we did so, and ppl slowly gathered throughout the fight. we ended up with 1blm and crap load of DDs acting as a TP battery for wing. in the end though, we won pretty easy despite him being one pissed off faf. dropped ridill of all things. we decided that one person from each shell present could lot per item, luckily, one of our wars got the ridill. win/win

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden
    Some Phoenix shell used to do this kind of thing; a social LS who took people from a couple HNMLS who were bored/wanted to kill/wanted to get gear/etc. and went camping. Was pretty successful, claimed quite a few Fafnir/Nidhoggs for however long it went on.

They weren't part of the Phoenix quartermastered Ridill, though.
    please tell more about the QM ridill

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

How much you wanna bet the shouting leader will just QM himself a Ridill first time it happens <_<

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy
    How much you wanna bet the shouting leader will just QM himself a Ridill first time it happens <_<
    Contrary to popular belief, JPs shout to get things done and not to manipulate people.

I cant tell you how many Raise II shouts I joined in the import days. (60 cap, when the High Priest area was an epically dangerous MGS with a high chance of wipe at anytime) Drops we're freelot, some people did it for the money since it was a few hundred k (equivilant to millions now) though alot wanted to eat it. I would actually rate High Priest harder then fafnir in this point in the game with what we had available to us. He hit like a truck, and there were no shadows. I was Blm at the time, nothing more then an extra healbot which was completely necessary.

I guess maybe thats why I dont find this weird.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Contrary to popular belief, JPs shout to get things done and not to manipulate people.
    yeah man, JPs are fucking saints. NAs are all scum. JP > NA

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

have any of you noticed a huge drop in Dragon's Aery linkshells?

On Siren 2 nights ago when Nidhogg popped there was 24 in the zone, last night 15 ppl.. it's kindof been like this the last week sortof since salvage was released, anyone else notice this?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    yeah man, JPs are fucking saints. NAs are all scum. JP > NA
    Not what I said. This is just how they get things done and always have.

A. Body
    BG Level

Yes, but you're implying that how JPs get things done or what they're getting done is usually of higher moral timber.
    Which is not necessarily true.