Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

actually, thats the best theory I've seen on this. If its correct... its gonna bring a whole new perspective on how to conduct any given salvage run, since you can almost guarantee a chance at any given drop.

Sagacious Sundi

Excellent theorizing, Aurik. Adding that to the main page.

P.S. Arrapago Remnants boss is Armored Chariot.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Don Poroggo uses CharmGA aswell as Charm

gg

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, I've been studying the drop lists too.

From what I can see, every Salvage area drops 1 piece each of every tier 1 armour, except for body which requires the cards to drop.

Additionally, every end-boss seem to drop 2 pieces each of 2 sets, and one piece each of the other tier 2 sets.

Tier 3 is harder to see, but it seem like it only drops from the NM's of each area.

Basically, SE made it so that you ALWAYS have to go through 3/4 areas in order to fully upgrade a piece, with the exception of bodies, where you have to go through all 4 salvage areas.

As for bodies, for Morrigan, I'm guessing you first need to get the arrapago card, then pop the NM in Silver Sea in order to get tier 1 body, and then go to Bhaflau to kill the boss to get the tier 2 body, and then finally do something in Zhayolm to get the tier 3 body...

I like SE's idea of salvage. Means you have to chose what you wish to achieve in Salvage before every run, since you have to carefully plan out which route to take. Want that drop? Well, you better take that route and that NM, and you can forget the end-boss. Want that tier 2 armour? Better concentrate on heading towards the boss and skip the other NM's. <3 Salvage

Edit: Was 7AM when I wrote this, changed it >.> Hope no one read it xD to be honest, I don't know why I even posted it... haven't gone to sleep yet >.< Oh well, beter let it stay instead of ninja editing it >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor
    I like SE's idea of salvage. Means you have to chose what you wish to achieve in Salvage before every run, since you have to carefully plan out which route to take. Want that drop? Well, you better take that route and that NM, and you can forget the end-boss. Want that tier 2 armour? Better concentrate on heading towards the boss and skip the other NM's. <3 Salvage
    Except it seems that in many cases, whether or not a NM pops is a total crapshoot so even if you *plan* to kill a certain NM, there's a chance that it won't pop, or won't drop. Lame

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We killed a Chariot on one of our Bhaflau runs and it dropped two Bhaflau Cards (one of which I won lot on). Didn't take a screenshot because didn't think it was important at the time.

This is probably enough evdience to support that all "mechanical" enemies in Salvage drop their area's respective cards.

Sagacious Sundi

Thanks for confirming Jeryhn. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    We killed a Chariot on one of our Bhaflau runs and it dropped two Bhaflau Cards (one of which I won lot on). Didn't take a screenshot because didn't think it was important at the time.

This is probably enough evdience to support that all "mechanical" enemies in Salvage drop their area's respective cards.
    I've seen them drop from Second Rampart (Zhayolm), Third Rampart (Zhayolm), Archaic Gear (Bhaflau), Archaic Gears (Bhaflau). Just to further confirm.

People have also reported the lv15 armor dropping from NMs or Sub-Bosses (Archaic Chariot, etc), so I bet those lv15 armor can literally drop from any mob in the zone (except maybe final boss)

btw, as posted in first post Silver Sea Remants Card pops Jakko in Zhaylom Remants. We've killed him twice and gotten Njords(lv.15) body both times.

Something to try just for the sake of trying (doubt it will work): I'd like to try trading 2 of the appropriate cards at the same time to the Slot (eg. 2x Zhayolm Card to Silver Sea slot).

The cards are Ex but not Rare ... I think that was done just for the sake of convenience, but I'd like to confirm that there isn't a more significant reason.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Updated FFXIclopedia some to show NM drops; will finish later.

Sagacious Sundi

Updated OP to reflect Vile Wahzil's name, family, and that he is indeed a Socket NM. It is interesting to note that it seems that all of the Slot NMs are the same family of the Socket NM that is from the area their card is from. Also, all of these families are sentient BLM mobs.

Keep the Wiki updated with all this info if you can

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

From a glance, the OP has some incorrect information. Jakko drops the Njord body piece, not legs. Pudding Princess drops Hoshikazu body. Powderkeg Yanadahn is a fomor, RDM type iirc, it pops after you clear a big room of all the fomor. Gyroscopic Gears drop Anu's Gages, I don't think it's related to Citadel Chelonian, GG just pops when you clear out one of the large rooms of gears.

Big issue with the chariot drops, if you look at the JP Airforce site, they have Usukane feet dropping from the LAC. Now if that's true, then it seems like the chariots will actually have overlapping drops. But it's also very likely that someone's information is wrong though.

There are 2 NMs on Floor 3 of Silver Sea (in addition to the slot NM) ...

Gyroscopic Gear
    Gyroscopic Gears

... they are different, and you can spawn both on the same run. I'm not sure if their loot tables are different though.

Sagacious Sundi

I'm wondering why I put trousers by Jakko since the Slot NMs all drop bodies...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    There are 2 NMs on Floor 3 of Silver Sea (in addition to the slot NM) ...

Gyroscopic Gear
    Gyroscopic Gears

... they are different, and you can spawn both on the same run. I'm not sure if their loot tables are different though.
    This clarifies to a point. Anu's Gages have dropped twice off "Gear" and we have only killed "Gears" once.

http://www.thirdemotion.com/salvagep...ogear_drop.jpg

http://www.thirdemotion.com/salvagep...gears_drop.jpg

About lv35 drops:
    Gate Widow has been corrected to drop
    Morrigan Hands
    Marduk Legs

Soldier Pephedro drops
    Usukane Feet
    Skadi Head

This fits my pattern, so I'm going to make a prediction about what drops in which zone re:lv35 items.

Bhaflau:
    Ares Hands
    Morrigan Hands (GW)
    Marduk Legs (GW)
    Usukane Feet (SP)
    Skadi Head (SP)
    Skadi Body??

SilverSea:
    Ares Legs
    Morrigan Legs
    Marduk Feet (Dekka)
    Usukane Head (Hammerblow)
    Usukane Body??
    Skadi Hands

Zhayolm:
    Ares Feet
    Morrigan Feet
    Marduk Head
    Marduk Body??
    Usukane Hands
    Skadi Legs

Reef:
    Ares Head
    Ares Body (3f QQ)
    Morrigan Head
    Morrigan Body??
    Marduk Hands
    Usukane Legs
    Skadi Feet

just an ispiring detail:

Renmants areas, except for Nyzul, are similiar and paired; Bhaflau <> Silver Sea, Arrapago <> Zhylom.
    ...Now, what's that thing with a unique center and paired adds?
    A body

Sagacious Sundi

Sorry, Aurik, missed your note on 3rd floor Qiqirn dropping Lv35 gear. >_>;; Updating OP to reflect that.

EDIT: I also have a bit of the theory on the bird ramparts in Bhaflau. Perhaps to find them, you need to the corrresponding special monster(s) (Mad Bomber or Empathetic Flans), their vermin rampart must spawn, BUT you must ignore it.

EDIT2: I forgot my reason of posting this, but now I remember.

Basically, this is seems to be the pattern in dropping Lv35 gear.

Zhayolm: Unknown (Rampart Summons? Poroggo Madames? Battleclad Chariot is unique among chariots?)

Arrapago: Qiqirn

Bhaflau: HQ Rampart Summons (Also, GW has been confirmed to have 3 Lv35 drops I think.)

Silver Sea: So far, we've seen them drop from a variety of things: Monsters corresponding to the theme (Fomor NMs and imp NMs), archaic machinery (Gyroscopic Gears [at least the triple one]), and possibly the Citadel Chelonian (rampart summon). This diversity is fitting, as SE tends to make the "fourth" group different. For, example, Goblins, when compared to Orcs, Quadav, and Yagudo, have 8 jobs, appear among other beastmen, and live among people. This area is clearly the "fourth" area since A) It was mentioned fourth when they announced Salvage, B) It doesn't have 1 of the 3 forces that appear in Besieged, C) Its Slot NM drops 2 body armor pieces, D) I could go on but I think that's enough.