+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gil v2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level

Gil v2

omg I'm going to /wrists, this shit is RIDICULOUS. can almost kill the fucking dog if the game did what it's fucking supposed to. i'm waiting for at least 5 seconds, WHILE the game is pounding the shit out of me, for a reverse or a p. down to go off. my gambit set up is fine, it's working really well, but when I have reverse on, but get hit for 4k damage anyway, something is fucking wrong. the battlefield is horrible. i'm level 51, and disable isn't the problem. i have chars randomly dying to things that aren't the dog (though crushing fangs is a fucking _BITCH) and it's mostly just shit not behaving how it's supposed to. do i suck it up and just go do something else for a while, come back and beat it later?

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

If its pissing you off that much, set the controller down, and slowly walk outside...

But seriously, Gilg v2 is just a bitch any way you look at it. Just keep trying.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Gil v2

Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    do i suck it up...
    This right here is what seems to be your problem. I would suggest doing this less.

But seriously. Get a Nihaopiloa (sp? - it's the item that reverses item effects), equip it on someone, and have them use a Remedy on Enkidu. Have two characters Decoy a third character with highest defense armor, your strongest weapon, with Curaja gambits. With Martyr/Inquisitor this character should be rapidly burning and regaining MP. Try landing Slow on Gilgamesh if you can. Once Enkidu is down, the battle becomes far simpler, but Gilgamesh will keep getting stronger as you decrease his HP.

You shouldn't even need to reverse tank with this setup.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ty for the inspirational words, but a confirmation that the battlefield really is laggy and I'm not just bonkers would help affirm me more. >_>
    Laggy? You're not casting spells that tend to animation-lock the action like Flare or Holy are you?

E. Body
    BG Level

Alright, thanks Jehryn. Does the nihoapila (yeah just guessed at that) pretty much negate Enkidu from the battle? Gilg smacks Vaan (my tank with STQ, giant's helm and that caribeener (sp?) mail) for 1.5 - 2k, enkidu is more around 800-1k. Will the remedy trick remove Enkiud's prot/haste/shell shit or just put a bunch of negative status effects on him? Vaan has 7.1k HP bubbled, which brings me to my next question.

Accessories? I have genji gloves, bubble belts, and cat ear hoods aplenty. Bubble belt vaan, decoy him, and cat ear hoods on balthier/ashe? Balth has fomalhault and ashe has a deathbringer + genji shield.

Edit: no, I'm just spamming P. Downs when people die, and casting reverse/decoy/faith/bravery, normal buffs. But it's actually going off like a goddamn quickening, with that little grace period.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Alright, thanks Jehryn. Does the nihoapila (yeah just guessed at that) pretty much negate Enkidu from the battle? Gilg smacks Vaan (my tank with STQ, giant's helm and that caribeener (sp?) mail) for 1.5 - 2k, enkidu is more around 800-1k. Will the remedy trick remove Enkiud's prot/haste/shell shit or just put a bunch of negative status effects on him?
    Your very first action in the field should apply the Remedy and Dispel on Enkidu, while your 3rd character Dispels Gilgamesh. The Remedy should add at least a very strong Blind on Enkidu, which will negate most of the insta-kills you receive a la Crushing Fangs.

Enkidu will use an ability to restore all its buffs sometime when fighting. Reapply Dispel.

Vaan has 7.1k HP bubbled, which brings me to my next question.

Accessories? I have genji gloves, bubble belts, and cat ear hoods aplenty. Bubble belt vaan, decoy him, and cat ear hoods on balthier/ashe? Balth has fomalhault and ashe has a deathbringer + genji shield.
    Your Decoy tank should have a Bubble Belt constantly. Once Enkidu is down, Gilgamesh will likely start getting high hit combos one-shotting your guys. After stealing, set one guy on Berserk and go to town on his ass to beat him into the next mode. (It should also be noted that Berserking a character with a strong weapon can be very effective for restoring MP with Inquistor if they get low - this is why I typically have two people set up for Berserk and alternate the effect between them) Later on when Gilgamesh starts using Monarch Sword, you can start using two Decoys with the third character on Pheasant Netsuke + Phoenix Down gambit (Raise and 100% HP restore).

Gilgamesh will also use Perfect defense (Physical/Magical Paling) in the middle of the fight. Take this time to reapply Protectra.

Gilgamesh is definitely a bitchy mark to take down, but the Masamune is well worth the effort.

E. Body
    BG Level

Alright that helped a ton, thanks. I'll give it another go some time today or tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Banned.

BG Level

Try at a higher level?

I just straight tanked him, and pummeled the dog, but Hastega helps a lot

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Yeah or you can just pretty much spam Phoenix Downs (I tried to do this with Raise but it wouldn't work, since Phoenix Downs are usually instantaneous) attacking when people are at full HP 'till the dog's dead and have someone be attacking Gilg to get agro from him while other DD is hitting Enkidu .. Makes it a bit of a longer fight but imo it was a little easier.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

At what lv did you guys do it? I did it with Vaan at 61 and the others at 45, i lost a few times at first, but i won on the 3rd time. Then i figured out reverse tanking made my life easier when i got him down to 50% HP. Was a hell of alot of fun.

Oh and in my first win, i actually manualy changed Vaans accesory to counter Gilga's status move... everytime...

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I won at 49 first try. Was hella tough though.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt
    I won at 49 first try. Was hella tough though.
    Your avatar makes me cry...incessantly..

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Hahahaha I fucking love it.

I did it with a group of 50, and the other 3 at teens. I reverse tanked it, and as soon as the dog is down it became just a long fight. It's not really hard 3v1 with reverse.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

3 mains 55, no reverse.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

throw oil on endiku and spam firaga for 9999 a pop he dies so fast lol.

For Enkidu I just went apeshit with Mist attacks. Sure, everyone was absolutely dead mp wise after, but he was down. Yay Megalixers.

E. Body
    BG Level

yeah lordender, I ended up using that strat when he get into rage mode at the end. worked like a charm, and I had Reddas zerked raping shit the whole time. from there it went incredibly smooth. ended up using 2 megalixirs but w/e, i'm never going to use them anyway and i have 1 left so it seemed like a good idea. won me the match >_>. blew all my hi-ethers and most of my ethers (and 1 elixir) on fafnir too, doing the rock trick. meh >_> ill just synth them if i need more.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

...You can synth hi ethers..and elixers..and shit...? What the fuck, how?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Taken from Quentin Gallet-Gilles aka. FeuFeu's GameFaqs guide directly:

Hi-Ether (12000 gil)
    Foul Liquid x2, Slime Oil x4, Unpurified Ether x2

Elixir (36000 gil)