Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RDM/BLU     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RDM/BLU

I'm bored at work and can only access these boards. Not that i'd ask this here anyway.

My SAM is slowly but surely getting to 75, and this (most likely) being the last job i'm going to level to 75, I want to finish subs for my RDM (currently just NIN and BLM), though I hate WHM, it is level 8.

ANNNYYYWAAYYY, anyone test out RDM/BLU?

pros?
    cons?
    purple monkey dish washer?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Wasn't there a thread on this already some where?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How the fuck did you level RDM to 75 but don't like WHM? Finish WHM.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

BLU sub gives you pretty much nothing for any party. Don't use it.

I don't know I never really like RDM to, I started in on NA release and just kinda played it. Since I hit 75 I barely use it unless I gotta solo something.

And yeh WHM...rah..

@Carbon don't recall

I had a totally different feel for RDM then the little I played WHM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you feel like soloing charbydis, /blu is good for cocoon.
    Avesta has a video of him doing this on his site to cut down the multihits combined with phalanx.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I know several Red mages without Whitemage sub job. One has Relic hat, Dalmatica, Crimson body, and other stuff that is the best for Red mage, except for the new Salvage stuff. Don't think his white mage job is even leveled. lol

Yeah, my perspective on my RDM and SAM is a world of a difference.

I like to keep my SAM top notch, within reason. I only get gil from growing plat nuggs because I only ever have time to play for a few hours on Friday and when I do, I don't want to spend it farming.

But RDM, I don't know, I think because PT invites came all the time, I debuffed, refreshed yadda yadda like a champ, never thought twice.

But yeah i'll get on that whole WHM deal.

Back on topic, what about soloing meleeing type damage dealing like helping people with easy stuff but want something different type deal.

Basically, I in no way wanted to use this in XP parties, but just wondering if it's even worth it as far as helping people with whatever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    Doesn't mean that it won't be useful outside of party or for other things like coffer keys or other tanking opportunities. I <3 NIN and WAR subs even though they don't do anything for parties.

Yeah, actually I don't like partying with my RDM, but I know when I start meriting SAM i'll have better luck LFP as RDM.

But anyway, I guess I should of stated, ALL AROUND is /BLU decent?

Also, how's /PLD going with the new updates. Does that shield boost effect work if you sub PLD?

Wow i'm tired.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'll try RDM/PLD to see about shield mastery. 3 tp/hit would be nice but I really have no idea if it's the same or not. RDM doesn't exactly block a ton, shield cap is what, 189? Then you probably have +10 skill at least depending on what equipment you're using. Interruptions aren't usually a problem on RDM unless you get caught at a bad time or get paralyzed or something equally bad. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Talus
    I'll try RDM/PLD to see about shield mastery. 3 tp/hit would be nice but I really have no idea if it's the same or not. RDM doesn't exactly block a ton, shield cap is what, 189? Then you probably have +10 skill at least depending on what equipment you're using. Interruptions aren't usually a problem on RDM unless you get caught at a bad time or get paralyzed or something equally bad. I'll try it out tomorrow.
    Small shield would make the blocks more frequent though eh?

Plus Auto-Refresh never hurt anybody

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Gives easily the most MP-effecient group heal. No status removal though, so your mileage will vary.

Soloing it's extremely useful in some situations, more than just charby too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

RDM/BLU is the most MP efficient Main healer in Merit parties (200HP x 6 for 52 MP) where -nas and erase are unimportant (i.e. Troll exp camp) It's also useful to mess around with solo and can land some fun things. It can also back up heal in HNMs better than /whm if you have plenty of /whms for erase etc... And you can also land headbutt fairly solidly if you bring some Acc gear/sword (I stunned Hydra failry regularly whilst Spamming Healing Breeze on melee)

Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    Quote Originally Posted by Talus
    Small shield would make the blocks more frequent though eh?

Plus Auto-Refresh never hurt anybody
    And isn't any level of shield mastery now a 100% no-interrupt for spells if the hit gets blocked? We top out at kite shields (Ice Shield) for RDM mostly, IIRC.

hmm blu sounds kinda fun. and if I had a little more on pld i might check that one out too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    I know several Red mages without Whitemage sub job. One has Relic hat, Dalmatica, Crimson body, and other stuff that is the best for Red mage, except for the new Salvage stuff. Don't think his white mage job is even leveled. lol
    I fail to see how having any item makes your's or anyone else's opinion more valid.