+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

So I bought some Wireless Headphones

They sound like complete ass. Paid $99 for them, I figured I'd get something at least comparable to my $30 ones except wireless. Dumb move, there is an incredible amount of static; I've bought walkie-talkies that sound better than this for $10 at toys-r-us.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-RF960RK- ... B0001YFZ46
    is what I bought I think. Whatever, they're going back to Circuit City tomorrow and I'm going to find the little shit that told me they sounded crystal clear, he even owned a pair, and wring his neck.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Salesmen talk a lot don't they. -_-

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vertabreaker
    Aren't the bluetooth better? (lighter, too..)

Not sure to be honost. A friend of mine suggested Turtle Beach to me. He has a pair of their headphones, and they sound incredible. Full surround in the headphones and the prices are really low compared to others.

I ordered my own pair and just waiting for them to arrive now.

*Edit: These are the pair that I tried and ordered:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/product ... cthome.asp

Plus comes with a mic which is nice and you can use with a x360 if you have one.

from everything I've seen, wireless ones are either expensive or sucky, theres no in-between. I don't even know a good pair under $100. http://www.maximumpc.com reviews wireless headphones on occasion, but recently they've been nothing but t3h sux0rz

A. Body
    BG Level

not sure what you use yours for but i got this for xmas that i use to listen to mp3s on my cell and it sounds absolutely great

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's why we pay attention to customer reviews - under the sales description on the link you posted.

Sony are losing their quality in decent sound reproduction ; ;

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

well for one, if I do get wireless, it'll be either infrared, bluetooth or some form of a digital link between the base station/phones. I thought analog technology would be good enough that those phones wouldn't sound like ass, but I was so wrong.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't be entirely put off with wireless - there are a lot of good brands and models out there.

I own an old pair of Sony ones which sound perfect - providing you don't move into a bad reception area which can be anything from 2ft-50ft ; ;

Bluetooth I wouldn't recommend due to their poor performance of maintaining connectivity, digital is your best bet.

Philips and Creative both do some decent ones.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

try sennheiser

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...p?transid=cat2

(Im wearing a pair right now)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I had a pair of corded sennheisers, they were really nice. Spent 80 bucks on those and they crapped out on me a month ago, admittedly I was a bit abusive to them. I wish I could listen to them before buying them. The salesperson basically said "you can return them if you don't like how they sound". The pair of sennheisers I'd buy are about $40 more than the sonys I bought. I'm skeptical though as they operate on the 900mhz band just like the sonys.

New Merits
    BG Level

the ones I have work fine... there could be interferance in your house