Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elemental Rings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Elemental Rings

[removed broken link]

I honestly haven't seen anybody using these. Now, I know they're very limited by day-of-week but with these, 2/8 days get very solid bonuses, And at an hour-long day you can adjust your food accordingly.

Am I missing something? I tried Lightning Ring on Lightningday and was very pleased with the results, Seems like it's the best ring for that day.

And with all the other situational gear in the game, Why not keep one of these in inventory with the rest?

Not worth the inventory space or the hp-15%.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

quite a few rangers i've talked to keep a fire ring with them at all times, I've never picked one up myself, because i'm just too lazy to get kazham fame >.>

When they increase my backpack 10 more spaces then I'll carry it. But I never remember the gameday anyway so I'll prolly get 2/80 days use out of it instead of 2/8.

Absolutely no reason not to use it if you have the space, memory, and dont need the 15% hp.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Call me a hypocrite, but I use obis and af2 pants for BLM, but I don't even have an inkling of wanting to try these

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    Call me a hypocrite, but I use obis and af2 pants for BLM, but I don't even have an inkling of wanting to try these

Obi dmg increase is higher than those, and it also work with weather. Obi is also directly applied to your epeen, while those 2 ring will barely change anything on parser

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I used Ice and Water rings on BLM sometimes. Yes they have -15% MP, but you can equip them when you at at 85% MP or less, which is what I do.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar

Obi dmg increase is higher than those, and it also work with weather. Obi is also directly applied to your epeen, while those 2 ring will barely change anything on parser
    Except if the party only lasts and hour, and on the correct day.. because those items are hax.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've known a few RNGs who keep these with them, its great if you're fighting an NM and conveniently fire/thunder days, as long as you have the inventory space for them, they're pretty good.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

lightning ring would be hawt if you could extend it to more than thundersday.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

-15% hp on one ring is actually pretty nice for activating the lvl 50 latent rings rather than carrying 10 items. I would rather have an inventory full of those rings than some of the junk I use to activate sorcerer"s ring. (No zenith )

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp
    -15% hp on one ring is actually pretty nice for activating the lvl 50 latent rings rather than carrying 10 items. I would rather have an inventory full of those rings than some of the junk I use to activate sorcerer"s ring. (No zenith )

except that only 4(?) of them have -hp, so you still need the rest of the crap to activate for the rest of the days, as well as being only 15% and needing to get another 10% somewhere..

the mp ones are pretty lackluster, especially compared to those two melee ones. 15 accuracy in one slot is massive, especially seeing it is a slot in which you would usually be wearing accuracy atleast most of the time anyway, and again +15 attack in one slot is really a lot.

15 elemental skill is hot where it is relevent, no doubt, but not many places call for so much elemental skill, and thats why a lot of the time zenith mitts are worn over af1 gloves. Where skill is called for, ice ring is great, but it doesnt come up that often.

+15 conserve mp is garbage.. not much over 3% mp saved over time, thats not even 30mp from spending my entire mana pool. For the same reason as I dont wear blue cape when I could be wearing prism cape, I wouldnt be wearing water ring by choice. MP is a deep secondary stat past a certain point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

except that only 4(?) of them have -hp
    Valid, i guess I just need some zenith gear