Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: thf tank on seiryu     submit to reddit submit to twitter

thf tank on seiryu

i dont know if any other linkshells out there do this, but i have been thief tanking lolseiryu for a long time now and it works well, here is a video i made of myself doing it the other night. not that its a hard fight or anything but i was just curious if anyone else does this because i havent heard anything yet. also, i missed recording the opening skillchain, and this was the second seiryu of the night. the first one i didnt fraps, but i also didnt get hit at all. this night i happened to have 2 bards, so i didnt need perfect dodge on hundred fists, but other nights i may use it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkFNdeFAm18

edit- now that i watch it again i realize that this is one of our slower seiryu kills and i did get a little sloppy, but that can be blamed solely on the strain fraps puts on my video card.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Didn't read the thread or look at the video, but DAMN your sig owns. I can't stop looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Didn't read the thread or look at the video, but DAMN your sig owns. I can't stop looking at it.
    lol thank you very much

MAKE ME ONE! ^O^

i tried that once but i was on 56k at the time so i ended up getting rocked in like 10 sec. after that they never let me try again lol.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Those are some pretty nice sig/avatar effects indeed o.o

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Interesting, but seems kind of pointless. Are there really any reasons to use over PLD other than you don't need to throw wind?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Now to make my ls let me do this :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Interesting, but seems kind of pointless. Are there really any reasons to use over PLD other than you don't need to throw wind?
    PERFECT DODGE HUNDRED FISTS

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    i can think of one reason: why not?
    seiryu is lolworthy anyway so why not add some fun/excitement to it?

All I could do was stare at that Samurai meleeing in Hachiman Body and not swapping gear for WS.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Nice job "tanking" Eik.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    All I could do was stare at that Samurai meleeing in Hachiman Body and not swapping gear for WS.
    He switched gear, looked like he put on the Lv50 SAM JSE body tho. o.o;

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Sentinel > hundred fists

Should use some chat filters.. XD That chatlog was moving faster than an rmt on speedhack!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    Same thing here, and I thoroughly lol'd as he swapped in Shinimusha Hara-ate.

New Merits
    BG Level

what song did you use?

I guess i'll be the ass who points out the BLMs seemed to tank more than you did at the end there.

I think I'll keep PLDs and NIN/DRKs tanking to avoid hate placement from being an issue.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedemon
    I guess i'll be the ass who points out the BLMs seemed to tank more than you did at the end there.

I think I'll keep PLDs and NIN/DRKs tanking to avoid hate placement from being an issue.
    YEAH! How dare you try and have fun in this game! That is not what it was meant for! How could you dishonor the creators and use a job a different way then most people use it, and believe it was intended for! What is the matter with you?!?!?!?!

Is that Seiryu's Sword or Ridill? If you're using Seiryu's for the 5 Evasion you should try get one of those new Daggers (Jambiya) made from Khimaira drop because it has 5 Evasion and you'd also have better accuracy+attack with it to hold hate more. If it's Ridill and hitting enough it'd probably get more hate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Is that Seiryu's Sword or Ridill? If you're using Seiryu's for the 5 Evasion you should try get one of those new Daggers (Jambiya) made from Khimaira drop because it has 5 Evasion and you'd also have better accuracy+attack with it to hold hate more. If it's Ridill and hitting enough it'd probably get more hate though.
    THF+Ridill on HNM is a no-no. Even if you do hit it will be for pitiful damage.