Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9800 pro     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Radeon 9800 pro

Anyone happnes to have this? I can't seem to work out whats needed to fix it.

I can't run FFXI at anything higher than 1024x768. Once I click the POL icon, I get the first screen of POL before the login menu, then it crashes.

Banned.

BG Level

boooooooooooo radeon

HAY EKEIS

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What version of the drivers are you using? I had 500x better luck running higher res/ less overall issues using the catalyst driver from ATI instead of vendor-specific.

Other than that, consider saving some holiday cash for a new card soon

New Merits
    BG Level

is your motherboard compatible? Update your drivers? Go to thier website?!

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

This is the driver I'm using, pretty sure it's the right one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I have this video card, I believe, and have absolutely no issues at all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Why would you post this here? T_T

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I have this card, only problem I have with it is that it can't seem to handle WMV / AVI / MPEG files alongside FFXI. I can watch youtube, I can't watch anything in winamp/mediaplayer or either FF or the Movie will crash.

I have the latest drivers and everything too, dunno why they collide but they just do.

I'd reccomend the card if you're only wanting to play FF

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Its funny this topic came up just now. When I got my comp 3~ years ago I got it with a Radeon 9800 pro. About a year later, the card died, but wasn't a big deal since it was still under warrantee. Got it replaced. Now, 2 years after that, the card has died again.

Long story short, I'm with Zalius (even though he was probably being sarcastic). Boo Radeon.

I ran FFXI on one for a good 2 years but I think it was stuck at 1024x768 too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

My 9800 PRO died after 2.5 years..no warranty oh well...it just kinda "burnt out" it seems.....the graphics would turn all weird looking...all greenish and stuff hard to explain but you couldnt see anything after a min or two of the comp started up

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I have this card, only problem I have with it is that it can't seem to handle WMV / AVI / MPEG files alongside FFXI. I can watch youtube, I can't watch anything in winamp/mediaplayer or either FF or the Movie will crash.

I have the latest drivers and everything too, dunno why they collide but they just do.

I also had this card on my old computer, and had the same problem.

Meanwhile, my new computer also has an ATI card in it, and still the same problems.

Nvidia ftw?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

/crai

why is there no fix to it

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by bebeci

Meanwhile, my new computer also has an ATI card in it, and still the same problems.

Nvidia ftw?
    My GF6800 does the same thing. I think it has to do with TP plugin using overlay or something.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by bebeci

Nvidia ftw?
    nvidia card here... i can video watch and ff at the same time if i want ;P

Sea Torques
    BG Level

ATI x800 XT (somewhat old card), runs video/mp3 + FFXI just fine, and I'm using TParty/Distance/etc...works fine on both WinXP & Vista, with the stock ATI drivers. The only issue I've ever had with funkiness + FFXI is running Mozilla with multiple tabs on Vista. Even minimized, it chews through CPU cycles for some reason...I've had to switch back to IE7 (ugh) to get it to run smooth again.

For you folks having issue, have you tried the 3rd party modified ATI drivers? These are not from OEM, but enthusiasts and have been optimized with performance in mind. Here's a decent link to some:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=24

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i used to use this card and it gave me some problems like what wafik said, but now i use the X1600 Pro and i couldnt be happier.

If you are in the mood for upgrading, its about $200 now and it supports HD and all the fun stuff

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I went through four 9800 Pros, so I will forever believe that the card is flawed in some design aspect. Been using an X850 for about a year now (X1950XT going in new PC), and no problems.

ATI fo lyfe tho.

I am glad to hear i am not the only on with this problem. I have yet to be able to find a fix. I will have try one of the custom drivers from the site Draxyl posted and see if that works.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I tried a custom driver a while ago, and my PC's been buggy ever since, so I'm not going to touch those for a long while untill I know what i'm doing with them.