Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

How does your LS give out Salvage loot?

We're currently trying to come up with some kind of system for drops from Salvage. My LS uses one point system for all events. So you can earn points doing anything, farming sky, sea, dynamis, camping kings, etc, and spend them anywhere else. Works pretty well for the most part, I won't bore you with anymore details.
    Do you think it's worth useing points for this? (We don't in Dynamis/Limbus, but do for Omega, Sky, Sea, Kings, Bahamut, etc)
    How are you currently giving out loot in Salvage? What do you think would be the "best" system for it?

Blackice

Form a smaller team and farm the shit out of areas. If you want it and can use it, free lot then.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What we do for salvage, dont have any other system like this for anything else cos point systems fail:

You pick one set youre upgrading. Piece drops, rough attendance proirity over disputes, all people eligible lot.(Sayy 5 people with 10/9/8/7/3 attended runs... all but the 3 can lot. Case by case). If you win a piece, youre not allowed to lot another piece from the set competitively(Body pieces of all sets excluded from this). So if you win the lot for the level 15 legs, then the hands drop.. youre not allowed to lot it unless nobody else does. If you have 2/3 pieces for an item, and the third drops, its passed to you.

Easy, fair, and no homo points.

IMO with Salvage the drops should be handled like this:

1. Each player chooses a set they want to upgrade.
    2. Level 15 pieces are free lot to anyone upgrading that set (they are common enough that some pieces are already rotting since everybody has it).
    3. Level 25 and 35 pieces go to players who are furthest along. There's really no point in giving a level 35 piece to somebody who doesn't even have the level 15 piece yet. If somebody already has the 15 + 25 and a 35 drops, why the hell would you NOT give it to them?

When we start, we will be doing it like this:

Each person sets a primary job, and chooses a piece to start upgrading. They can only lot the set for that primary job and the parts for their piece. Priority is determined by who can use it. 75's lot against each other, then it devolves from there by level. Once you get a piece, you can't switch your lots until that piece is upgraded. Also, there's a waiting period for switching primary jobs etc. We also frown upon people who have no ability at all to pay for it lotting either... my LS doesn't have a bank other than my donations. We will chip in but there has to be some movement towards getting the coins and crafting items.

We're gonna attempt to get pieces upgraded ASAP instead of having one person with the level 15s for the Uskane set, another person with all the 25's, etc. That means sometimes you won't get to lot, but I don't think it's any different than dynamis in that respect.

EDIT: If the 15 pieces are as common as they seem to be, they'll probably start to become free lot, like Faranim said. The other pieces are still going to follow this progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyomu
    When we start, we will be doing it like this:

Each person sets a primary job, and chooses a piece to start upgrading. They can only lot the set for that primary job and the parts for their piece. Priority is determined by who can use it. 75's lot against each other, then it devolves from there by level. Once you get a piece, you can't switch your lots until that piece is upgraded. Also, there's a waiting period for switching primary jobs etc. We also frown upon people who have no ability at all to pay for it lotting either... my LS doesn't have a bank other than my donations. We will chip in but there has to be some movement towards getting the coins and crafting items.

We're gonna attempt to get pieces upgraded ASAP instead of having one person with the level 15s for the Uskane set, another person with all the 25's, etc. That means sometimes you won't get to lot, but I don't think it's any different than dynamis in that respect.

EDIT: If the 15 pieces are as common as they seem to be, they'll probably start to become free lot, like Faranim said. The other pieces are still going to follow this progression.
    This part should be very important, I can't recall the number of times that fucking leaching gimps got abjurations and would let them sit in their storage because they could not afford the cursed item..I mean, if you can't afford it, stop cockblocking the ones who can.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim

2. Level 15 pieces are free lot to anyone upgrading that set (they are common enough that some pieces are already rotting since everybody has it).
    3. Level 25 and 35 pieces go to players who are furthest along. There's really no point in giving a level 35 piece to somebody who doesn't even have the level 15 piece yet. If somebody already has the 15 + 25 and a 35 drops, why the hell would you NOT give it to them?
    This is probably the fairest way to do it, i proposed something like this a couple weeks ago and a few people frowned upon it. Basically if you're only allowed to obtain 1 set (which i think is gonna be the catch), then you should only be allowed to lot parts for that particular set OR 1 part per equipment slot (if you arent limited to just 1 set), or even have a second list with your second choice of armor on it. Such as someone who wants Ares as their #1 priority, they should have priority over someone who wants it as a 2nd choice instead. Job utility should also be factored in, loot shouldnt just go to people when they conveniently have the job at 75 and dont ever use it.

The deal with 25/35 armors is a bit touchy since they're much harder to come by, in my opinion i feel that a "list" would work best because drama will encompass these pieces pretty much every time they drop.

Scenario: NIN #1 attends every Salvage since the dawn of time, loses lots constantly on the lv15 armors, meanwhile NIN #2 obtains lv15/25 armors when he only has mediocre attendance or less, then a lv35 drops...NIN #1 finally wins, but is told to pass since NIN #2 has both 15/25 pieces already.

So basically its seniority rules in my case, i wouldnt want to pass a lv35 item for someone who isnt even online enough to use it or benefit my LS in any way. I think that if a lv25/35 armor drops, the people with highest attendance (could be overall pertaining to LS raids or Salvage onry) should the the people to lot.

The 15 armors are definetly common enough to be free-lotted though, i'd go with that for my LS.

Right now, we have everyone choose one set that they want to upgrade, and they can lot any pieces whithin that set. People who already have 1 upgrade item for a particular piece will automatically get priority on any more of those pieces that drop (eg. someone gets Lv. 15 WHM/BRD/SMN body, they automatically get the Lv. 25 and Lv.35 bodies if they drop).

Once we're past the "exploring and seeing what's out there" stage, I imagine that drops will be pretty significantly different in Salvage than they are elsewhere in the game because it is possible to be very specific in your targeting of drops. Most likely, it would be a pretty specific list of who gets what, because I imagine that our runs will be much like "we're going to Bhaflau to kill Demented Jalaawa for Sykes's WHM body, then we'll continue to the boss to get Lv. 25 drops for the people that need them). Point being, that you'll have very specific tasks in mind for every single Salvage mission ... the biggest uncertainty being the rather large loot pools for the bosses.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Good ideas from:

and Celeras so far. (Basicaly sound the same.)

You could take the opposite viewpoint, that the rarer 25 and 35 pieces should be the primary subject of your distribution system, be it freelot, points, attendance or what have you, and the more common 15 and 25 pieces could be given priority to whomever won the lot on the rare counterparts.

It seems to me that the best way to organize Salvage, considering in the end people who do assault on a regular basis will be able to get just over 3 permits a week, would be to have 1 or 2 days scheduled in a week for a full alliance to go through to the final Chariot boss, and 1 or 2 days of smaller group farming. The purpose of the smaller groups could eventually be to pick up the more common drops that people need to complete a piece, but that you might otherwise skip over to conserve time on the other days.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

First off, I'm working under the assumption that you can upgrade pieces from different sets at the same time. You can't just have the NPC store pieces from different sets at the same time.

I'm not convinced that having people choose full sets is the best way to go. Certain pieces are extremely beneficial to certain jobs. Like the Usugane feet benefits a Ninja more than the other jobs that can wear it. Or Marduk's Body for BRD. And there are other pieces in sets that are just pretty crappy unless the set bonus ends up being uber. I'd prefer allowing people to have a priority list on pieces they want. Like pick a #1, #2, #3 piece that they want, and then your group can go farm for those pieces in order as best as they can. Comparing salvage drops to limbus or dynamis isn't exactly accurate. The drops are more designed like attestation NMs. So you're going to want to directly choose what you want to go after for that run, and even then, you still might not get exactly what you wanted.

And assuming people keep comparable attendance, after everyone gets their #1 items, you move onto #2s. So all the lvl15 gear should go to people who have that piece as their 1, 2, or 3 item and in order. If no one has it selected, it can be free lot for people who are upgrading pieces from that set already. But it shouldn't matter that much, the lvl15 pieces drop often enough that you'll probably be tossing them before you'll start farming for the 25s or 35s for people's #4 choices. And if someone has poor attendance, you can just bump their choices down a rank. It also allows you to add new people to your group, since you could just tell them their choices are going to start as #2s or #3s.

I suppose a bit more thought should be put into handling 25s or 35s that drop that aren't on people's current choices. And it seems that the chariots have huge loot pools. It's likely that all 25 lvl25 pieces drop from the 4 boss chariots. And they drop around 2 pieces per kill, out of 6-7 total drops. So for example, if 10 people in your group all want the Morrigan body as their #1, you'll be killing the same chariot an assload of times just to get those 10 lvl25 pieces, and in the process you'll get a glut of other lvl25 pieces. I suppose you could make people make a comprehensive list of all the drops they want in order, and free lot would just exist if everyone already had that piece if they could use it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Pretty much the exact rules I set up for LS runs

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

We do same thing, pick something to upgrade, once you get a drop and start you get the other pieces auto'd to you and whoever else has pieces for it.

We are all very close friends in game tho and really don't give a damn about loot. It's all about having fun for us.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    We are all very close friends in game tho and really don't give a damn about loot. It's all about having fun for us.
    As it should be for all, but it's always good to have a foundation for fairness; just incase.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    As it should be for all, but it's always good to have a foundation for fairness; just incase.
    I underestand totally We have a post somewhere with our rules. My point was that we want to fully upgrade one person with an item, so it's not like 3-4 ppl have one of each piece and nobody is getting gear.

If that made any sence, lol.

we recently came up with this:

- something drop (lv doesnt matter)

- anyone is allowed to *ask* for that piece; this means he wishes for that item. if more people ask for the same drop, they lot/pass according to attendances.
    the one getting the drop he asked for is then "bound" to it :
    He wont be able to ask for other pieces, but he will be granted the missing 2 pieces to complete the set.
    we wanted *asking* for a piece to be a serious matter.

- if no one asks for the item, then it will be lotted among those that have the proper job @ 75 and have the piece as part of their favorite set.
    the one getting it has no restrains, he can store it in his MH and keep asking for the piece he really wants.

- if no one asks for the item, and every related job already has it, the item goes free lotted, like a WAR50 getting an Ares piece.
    again, getting this drop has no consequences.