Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Aggro through Prelate key door in Uggalepih

Has anyone been able to successfully aggro through the prelate key door in Uggalepih (the one that leads to Carby Mitts NM) recently?

We were sans key last night and tried unsucessfully for an hour to aggro the pots on the other side, but got nothing. We even had a juicy 57 BLM with us whom we were sure would provide a more appetizing target than just us 75s (though those pots will aggro a lvl 75 player).

Thanks!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Magic aggro no, they fixed that wtf knows when.
    Claiming a mob, maybe

Edit: For all the people that seem to think aggro and claiming are the same thing.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Really? Cause people on lolAlla were saying that they aggro'd through the door very recently.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Just get a THF to pick the lock...

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aggro? No, I don't think I've aggroed through the door, but you can ranged attack a mob through it if you can target one. That's what we've done the last like 3 Carby mitts runs I've done, never had a problem. Hit a mob, and it comes running for you and opens the door. o.o Most recently did this probably ~5? months ago, so maybe they've fixed it since, but it certainly hasn't been years. Unless I'm going senile...

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was able to open the door by pulling a tonberry through the east Prelate Door just last week. I can assure you it still works.

Are you trying to aggro a pot by casting magic and trying to get aggro that way, or are you actually claiming/attacking it? Everytime I've tried to cast directly on the mob through the door, it's always worked for me.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

We tried both casting on a pot, but got the message that it was too far away. We also tried attacking a Tonberry, but got the message that we were unable to do so because we couldn't see it directly.

Guess I'll try again. Thanks.

The rule for Uggalepih (and a few other zones) is that you can't 'see' mobs through walls, and they can't see you either (magic aggro included) but you can see and be seen through closed doors.

This trick was working as recently as last spring, when I used it to get back there to the Sandy mission area. I can't remember if I aggroed a pot or if I was able to tag a tonberry, but either way you just have to tab through the door/wall to find one, then be patient as you wait for it to walk across the narrow field where the only obstruction between you and the mob is the closed door.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    The rule for Uggalepih (and a few other zones) is that you can't 'see' mobs through walls, and they can't see you either (magic aggro included) but you can see and be seen through closed doors.

This trick was working as recently as last spring, when I used it to get back there to the Sandy mission area. I can't remember if I aggroed a pot or if I was able to tag a tonberry, but either way you just have to tab through the door/wall to find one, then be patient as you wait for it to walk across the narrow field where the only obstruction between you and the mob is the closed door.
    The exception being cutscene doors, such as the ornamental door in SSG or the cerulean door leading to sky.

still works, pulled a berry through the door a couple weeks ago.

still works but you don't know how i think
    you are supposed to cast on yourself to get magic agro from the pot when it gets close
    dont try casting on it....it is behind a door

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

They didn't fix it years ago as we did some not that long ago. Some peeps managed to target, other times you just have to be lucky with the pots being close enough in their circuit to aggro casters.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you have a BST or RNG with you, have them get the mob on widescan. From there you can try to /ra <scan> or /ja Charm <scan>. I don't know if it works in the Temple, but I would use it to get a pet from behind the pressure doors in Quicksand Caves.

Edit: The mob still has to be close enough to do either of those actions normally. You also may still get an "unable to see" message.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    you are supposed to cast on yourself to get magic agro from the pot when it gets close
    Tried casting on ourselves too. No luck. l Guess we'll just have to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheya
    Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    Tried casting on ourselves too. No luck. l Guess we'll just have to try again.
    yeah it can be a real pain in the ass to open it like this, try to move around alot and when you cast by the side of the door and the corner of the wall near the side the pot is at. might be faster to farm the key

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Yes its very possible to aggro the pots still, just have to be close to it when you cast on yourself.

I dunno if it is PS2 or not but I have never been able to target thru the door. Fortunately, I always have someone in the PT who is on PC and they can target something eventually.

You can still magic aggro to open the door there - did it on a carby mitts run this weekend. Just takes an age for a pot to be in range sometimes.

Blackice

I helped with some mitts a few days ago actually, was able to voke a tonberry through it.

umm... im sure everyone knows this but mobs like pots dolls and elementals etc only magic aggro when theyre EP+

Too weaks wont aggro, so most likely all the people who tried it and didnt succeed were lvl 75? Try it with a mid-lvl character i can assure you it works.