Thread: Wii availability     submit to reddit submit to twitter

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wii availability

I hate making new topics, but I couldn't bring this up without bumping some thread that was 3 months old...

Now that Christmas has come and gone, and I now have some cashmoneys, I can not find a Wii for the life of me. Is anyone else having similar difficulties? I had assumed that after Christmas, the demand would die down significantly enough to the point where I could call and find a place with at least a few consoles that I might be able to have them hold and run down and buy, especially since Wii availability was far better than PS3 during the holidays. Nope.

Every single electronics/games retailers is still completely sold out. Most probably get fed up with the calls asking for Wiis or something because they tell me "no." and pretty much hang up. Only one guy at Best Buy had any information to give me, which was him saying Best Buy was getting shipments about once a week with a handful of Wiis (lol) but they sell out by the end of each week.

As for online retailers, 99% of the sites that claim to carry Wiis, don't even have a price for the console, just a page with the Nintendo-released images and description of the machine along with a link to buy games or accessories only. The closest thing I got to being able to order a Wii online was Toys 'R' Us' site had 3 different bundle packs, each with like 6 games included (most of which I do not want whatsoever).

Does anyone recommend any different course of action? All I really want is a Wii, 2 controllers, and Zelda. :(

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A friend of mine is having the same trouble.

Listen, when people say it'll cool off after the Holidays they don't mean 1 day later.

I believe that in the next 1-2 shipments from Nintendo (which will come at the latest in about a week), you should be able to pick one up at most big retailers.

The Wiis are in a big demand, way more than PS3 (a Fry's here in California actually has like 70 PS3s and they won't go.)

The Wii on the other hand, is very popular in most stores and still gets picked off pretty quickly -- especially for receiving such good reviews from most people.

I myself received a Wii at launch by ordering the bundle from Gamestop.com when it came up, and then just sold Walmart the games I wasn't interested in.

If you are looking for a Wii, my best suggestion would be to get to know the managers of the stores you are checking in and get them to tell you which days shipments usually come in. If you don't want to do that, you can just get the phone numbers of all the big retailers in your area and call them daily at around 2pm and ask if they have any Nintendo Wii's.

I'm sure you'll be successful in the end.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've always been curious about those bundles. If you get a bundle can you just return all the games you don't want or would you have to return the whole bundle?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't return the bundle to Gamestop... they would not take it.

I just took the 3 games, went to Walmart, and told them I got htem as a present and I didn't get any receipt, and I was wondering if I could exchange them for store credit.

They didn't mind.

taking advantage of walmart is win

My Wii is very available ifyaknowhatimean

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    What kind of bundles do you offer? Is it refurbished?

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    What kind of bundles do you offer? Is it refurbished?
    Well I'll pay for a 'controller sleeve'. It comes with one of the better extra thick cords. A special Wii Sports with Wrestling included is in the deal. A Nintendogs - Doggy Style prerelease is complimentary. Oh and of course Zelda.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I lol at the twist this topic has taken...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    I didn't return the bundle to Gamestop... they would not take it.

I just took the 3 games, went to Walmart, and told them I got htem as a present and I didn't get any receipt, and I was wondering if I could exchange them for store credit.

They didn't mind.
    That's pretty cool, might have to try that in the future.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It was funny though, because when I called them to see if they will do that they told me there is no way it will happen without a receipt.

But I went over there anyways and just went to the counter, made up a story that my grandma in Texas (right... Texas... >.>) sent me these but I didn't get any receipt, and just wanted to exchange them for some other Wii games.

In the end I gave Madden, Redsteel, and Marvel back... and took Gears of War, Rayman, and Call of Duty 3 (Wii versions).

Banned.

BG Level

Zalius has wiis. Zalius, has many wiis.

Im not sure how many we're ebaying tomorrow but uh <_< if my sister doesnt fag around i can tell her to sell you one for actual price+shipping, but idk shes like a neo nazi at giving people stuff normally priced

edit: for clarity there's still like 20 wiis available all over the town im in, just gotta know who to ask

E. Body
    BG Level

zalius where do you live

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wii's still go for good profit on ebay? I saw some PS3s (60gig mind you) that ended at 500-550, I figured the Wii's prices have dropped as well.

E. Body
    BG Level

people want wiis, people dont want ps3's.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That is not the point (while very true, when Fry's has 70 PS3s for 1 week you know Sony is getting fucked lol -- as my sig can show you. )

It's the fact that the more time passes, the more they become available, and therefore there shouldn't be a need to purchase them on ebay when you could just go to any random retail store and grab it. (Makes you feel bad for the parents that spoiled their kids this christmas with $14000 20gig PS3s huh? ).

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wii's still go for good profit on ebay? I saw some PS3s (60gig mind you) that ended at 500-550, I figured the Wii's prices have dropped as well.
    Looks like $400 for a Wii on eBay. I would never in my life sink to buying one off eBay though. I would rather wait and have it handed to me in person for half the price.

P.S. Hey uh... which Fry's are you at and are you getting any Wiis soon? lol I'm staying in the bay area at the moment. :O

Fucked up world where crack and heroin are infinitely more obtainable than a video games console eh?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    Looks like $400 for a Wii on eBay. I would never in my life sink to buying one off eBay though. I would rather wait and have it handed to me in person for half the price.

P.S. Hey uh... which Fry's are you at and are you getting any Wiis soon? lol I'm staying in the bay area at the moment. :O
    The Fry's I heard about is somewhere near San Fran, but the Fry's in my area (I live in the Thousand Oaks/Agoura area, if you're familiar) doesn't have any Wii's available, but I did see a bunch of PS3s the other day.

NINJA EDIT: You should just call all the large retailers in the area every day and see if they have any... it's the only way, unless you're willing to get familiar with the managers of those stores and find out the exact shipping days.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Mioko im on the same boat as you. I have 8 retailers in my area that i've been calling daily... about 3 days ago, one hoe didn't hang up on me, instead she told me "try after new years" which is great information, really. "we get the shipments randomly" Is BS because when I worked for circuit city and target, there were specific days of the week they got shipments, they cant even tell me what days they are?

I don't want to get one off ebay either but i'm pretty sick of waiting as well. Not to mention when stores do get them in, i'm going to have to camp out in 20degree weather for 2hours+ which i'm really looking forward too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast