Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Pulling the Plug

http://ffxi.somepage.com/enm/4

I've heard a little about this ENM but not a lot. I've heard NIN tank and Rangers are good, but that's just about all I know. I'd like to setup a static to do this once a week and having an idea of who to ask would be nice. Any basic setup that should work well? I'd most likely be going to this as RNG for my slot. RDM, NIN, RNGx3, BRD or WHM maybe?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'd like to go with you LoH. ^^ /tell me in game. Won't be back online for about a week though.
    This is FD btw, lol. :P

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Alright, might work best if I got in with some EU people too, as a number of my LS mates don't have extra time with our LS events. I need me a couple Toreador Rings

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

0/9 on Toreador rings.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Pulling the Plug

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/enm/4

I've heard a little about this ENM but not a lot. I've heard NIN tank and Rangers are good, but that's just about all I know. I'd like to setup a static to do this once a week and having an idea of who to ask would be nice. Any basic setup that should work well? I'd most likely be going to this as RNG for my slot. RDM, NIN, RNGx3, BRD or WHM maybe?
    SMN is really nice for stoneskin. You are going to be pingponged aoe'd like crazy. But with 3 Rangers, you might not need much healing at all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

At first I thought this was going to be about Force DCing. I'm disappointed. ; ;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Fairly easy ENM, with melee x2 and a rdm you can just win, easy win with another mage tacked onto that. You only need to kill one of the smaller receptacles to win, although the aoe kinda hurts with the main receptacle + 2 smaller ones. In somewhere between 8 and 10 runs all I've seen drop is an astral rope, which has been getting sent back from the AH for about 3 months now.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    At first I thought this was going to be about Force DCing. I'm disappointed. ; ;
    Is there much to really talk about with that? Don't even need to "pull the plug" just hit the X

Yeah I realize the drop rate is crap, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to setup a static to do this once a week and hope for the best.

From what people have said, you don't even need 6? Less people would mean less need for drops, would be better. I might be able to get a team together for this and just try it, dunno how many RNG's we'd have. Is a NIN tank that good? Or with being a distance away you don't really need one? Got an LS mate that can come NIN or RNG as needed so he could be a 2nd rng and we'd have no tank.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Is there much to really talk about with that? Don't even need to "pull the plug" just hit the X

Yeah I realize the drop rate is crap, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to setup a static to do this once a week and hope for the best.

From what people have said, you don't even need 6? Less people would mean less need for drops, would be better. I might be able to get a team together for this and just try it, dunno how many RNG's we'd have. Is a NIN tank that good? Or with being a distance away you don't really need one? Got an LS mate that can come NIN or RNG as needed so he could be a 2nd rng and we'd have no tank.
    You don't really need a tank, especially with a couple of rangers as your DDs you could just kill the blue receptacle > WS/barrage/EES the pop and then kill the red receptacle while still staying out of range of the majority of the Empty Seeds from the Yellow/Green receptacles.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

btw, i only have BRD and BLM at 50+ lol. ; ; leveling lolDRK atm (@40)
    probably want me as BRD if your just going to melee burn it?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

We'd RNG burn it. I've got another guy in LS who can do RNG and I'll ask a guy with SMN to come. BRD would probably be best for some extra heals, wonder if we can do it with 4. Could make drops easy as rings go to me and other rng and all other drops to the mages, but we'd need to talk over stuff (as well as depend on how drops go for us).

If the SMN gets on maybe we'll try it soon, I'm just watching Naruto and waiting for him to come on and more posts in this thread

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'll go for just the exp if you help me get my last map in promy-V. >.> I have a pop item for a NM there which I got from one of the other promys, NM drops some gay club that enhances Dia, but also 1+ items for the map there 100% of the time.

If you're willing to burn 2 hours you can do it with 3. SAM SAM WHM, WHM does the usual buffs and stands back curaga bombing the melees and ready to run in and benediction if it starts going south.

SAMs meditate on entry, then charge ahead and knockout the melee resistance mini receptacle (green I think, its been a while). After it dies a Holla boss will pop out, but at that point the SAMs can zerg the big boss red receptacle and Meikyo WS it to death. Oh one more thing: our SAMs keep one merit in polearm so they can pentathrust in 50cap. Penta significantly outdamages GK WS in this ENM, but I think you can still win easily with GK SAMs.

Anything beyond that is just added safety. We bring a NIN from time to time for the sole purpose of voking the Holla boss and keeping him away from the SAMs. An unlucky shadow spread can really muck things up.

I think we're like uh, 0/25+ on Toreador Ring

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    I'll go for just the exp if you help me get my last map in promy-V. >.> I have a pop item for a NM there which I got from one of the other promys, NM drops some great club that enhances Dia and Cure potency, but also 1+ items for the map there 100% of the time.
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Dia_Wand

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vistani
    You only need to kill one of the smaller receptacles to win, although the aoe kinda hurts with the main receptacle + 2 smaller ones.
    Could someone elaborate on this? I've done this ENM a handful of times and always just plowed through all three MR's... guess I missed the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistani
    You only need to kill one of the smaller receptacles to win, although the aoe kinda hurts with the main receptacle + 2 smaller ones.
    Could someone elaborate on this? I've done this ENM a handful of times and always just plowed through all three MR's... guess I missed the trick?
    Killing a mini receptacle removes the corresponding damage immunity from the main boss receptacle. Once one type is removed you can start dealing damage to the boss.

Killing all three minis is unnecessary, unless you enjoy the extra challenge and empty seed spam while doing so.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Which color recepticle is melee/ranged damage?

I think its:

Green: Melee
    Blue: Magic
    Yellow: Ranged

The green and blue receptacles can look similar depending on your monitor/gamma settings, I made that mistake a few times

Old Merits
    BG Level

semi-on-topic, is Dia Wand 5% or 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by Allundaria
    I think its:

Green: Melee
    Blue: Magic
    Yellow: Ranged

The green and blue receptacles can look similar depending on your monitor/gamma settings, I made that mistake a few times
    They all look blue to me.