+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Konohamaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    Batman

I wouldn't have gotten a batman tattoo if he couldn't beat a pussy fag like Superman.
    lol.......... you will be in my prayers tonight
    I know you're jealous

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwulp
    Does Batman have time to prepare? That is the key question.
    This is the correct answer. However, we can usually assume that if Bruce Wayne is currently under the guise of Batman, he is usually ready for anything (like the krytonite ring on his utility belt).
    What if Superman ambushes Wayne when he doesn't have his belt?
    1. It's out of Superman's character to do so.
    2. It wouldn't be Superman vs. Batman, it would be Superman vs. Bruce Wayne.

Yay for shades of gray.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Is it in Superman or Batman's character to fight each other? Unless of course most of my childhood cartoons and the movies I've seen are quite different from the comics, they're both too "good" to fight one another.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

still w/o utility belt would be super man vs. Bruce Wayne, while not quite the same as downgrading Hulk to Bruce Banner, is not the same fight.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

there have been 4 comic fights about this (not counting the dark knight ones) and batman has won 3/4 based on the fact that for the first three he was planned. the fourth one superman rushed him and just beat the jesus out of him though bats still got the security system for the watchtower turned on, which is the only reason he didnt die.

batman > superman, the boyscout never realizes he is beaten until bats is standing over top of him

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Is it in Superman or Batman's character to fight each other? Unless of course most of my childhood cartoons and the movies I've seen are quite different from the comics, they're both too "good" to fight one another.
    Don't think any movies dealt with the issue. Not sure on cartoons, but in the comics, they both are not fans of each other. In a very nerdy sense, Superman is lawful good, Batman is Chaotic good. In a very real world sense, Superman is an annoying boyscout pussy and Batman is awesome.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They are astoundingly different.

I guess you can think of it kinda like D&D alignments. Lawful Good (Superman) vs. Chaotic Good (Batman). As such, they see different ways of accomplishing the similar goals, and that were they might differ or even see conflict between one another.

The reason why I say it isn't in Superman's character to attack Bruce Wayne:
    Bruce is known for being an extremely fair and very charitiable millionaire. Superman picking on the nice guy of the world's rich is a no-no. Batman is a dark contrast to Bruce, in that he deems it necessary to deliver quick, harsh justice.

Superman woudn't attack Bruce Wayne. Batman wouldn't attack Clark Kent.

It's been said already, but Batman will always win. Superman's retarded weakness is just too hard to overcome. If Batman knows he's coming, he'll throw on a friggin krytonite suit. Otherwise, like stated, he keeps some items on him at all times. Brains > brawn sort of thing.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Superman could just get tp by breaking Alfreds legs before such an epic battle amirite?

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Superman is pretty damn smart, and I hate how they gimp him mentally whenever batman is in the picture.

1. Fly up to the stratosphere.
    2. Zoom in
    3. Burn Batman to carbon
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Also superman is gaining a resistance to kryptonite slowly, but surely. Read some kingdom come.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Don't think any movies dealt with the issue. Not sure on cartoons, but in the comics, they both are not fans of each other. In a very nerdy sense, Superman is lawful good, Batman is Chaotic good. In a very real world sense, Superman is an annoying boyscout pussy and Batman is awesome.
    That makes sense. The movies never dealt with anything but within their own cities basically. But I always thought the movies put them both into a higher realm of intelligence where they'd be able to at least respect each other somewhat, I don't think either would be able to fight to the death with each other, but meh.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Superman is pretty damn smart, and I hate how they gimp him mentally whenever batman is in the picture.
    This is not to say that Superman is just some dumb brute. But Batman's token "super power" is his incredible intelligence. Batman is flesh and blood, yes, but think on why time and time again he is always compared to the sentinel that is Superman. There's a reason for it. Batman almost always outsmarts his enemy, this isn't a "vs. Superman" exclusive ability.

Kryptonite also is not the only way to subdue Superman either. He can gain resistance to it, but he also has other vulnerabilities, like magic or curses.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/20...3_page0806.jpg

Batman's kryptonite gloves pounding your stupid Superman's PLD/WAR bloodtanking ass.

skipped the rest of the posts but batman if he has time to prepare. superman if he doesn't.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is not to say that Superman is just some dumb brute. But Batman's token "super power" is his incredible intelligence. Batman is flesh and blood, yes, but think on why time and time again he is always compared to the sentinel that is Superman. There's a reason for it. Batman almost always outsmarts his enemy, this isn't a "vs. Superman" exclusive ability.

Kryptonite also is not the only way to subdue Superman either. He can gain resistance to it, but he also has other vulnerabilities, like magic or curses.
    Magic is a weakness sure, but it does not make him gimped. magic only treats him like he is a mortal man, and even as a mortal man, he is pretty Olympian.
    To people who say they aren't friends you are dense. batman, wonder woman and superman are the closest of friends. In fact, batman is the one who jokes about everything when all three of them are alone together.
    Yes batman is a thinker, but people forget he needs time to prepare. given time to prepare he could be quit formidable, but superman is broken and cheesy. he will fucking win. Take all the holds and barrings out and watch superman chuck earth into the sun. That classifies as an inevitable win.
    I am also a firm believer that superman should never get hit by anyone considering the only people faster than he is, are the members of the flash family. All of you, learn2comic and quit picking because you like one more than the other. Oh and last I checked magic was pretty much close to dead in the DC universe.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yes batman is a thinker, but people forget he needs time to prepare. given time to prepare he could be quit formidable, but superman is broken and cheesy. he will fucking win. Take all the holds and barrings out and watch superman chuck earth into the sun. That classifies as an inevitable win.
    Which is why we will always keep coming back to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Pwulp
    Does Batman have time to prepare? That is the key question.
    It all comes down to the likelihood that Batman will not be ready for something.

If you want a real versus, try this:
    The Blob vs. the Juggernaut. Unstoppable force vs. immovable object. Who wins?

I like both.

If you want a real versus, try this:
    The Blob vs. the Juggernaut. Unstoppable force vs. immovable object. Who wins?

ooh or juggernaut vs. the hulk.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Batman has won

Edit: Three times

That's pretty much all that needs to be known

Xavier

Couldn't, you know, Superman just drop a building on Batman to get around the whole utility-belt thing?