+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    I give you Tiki, he's a guaranteed 110 yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Tiki Barber just rushed for 250 his last game, and im sure he'll do fine against philly and their 25th rated rush defense.
    I'm an Eagles fan...so this may be a biased opinion, but I'm picking the Eagles.

Tiki ran for like 125 yards COMBINED in both Eagles-Giants games. What makes you think that'll change now? Plus momentum at the end of the season really means a lot for the playoffs. Eagles are hot, Giants are not. The entire Eagles offense is rested after basically having 2 weeks off, and Garcia is going to continue winning games.

I'll be wearin my #36 jersey and boozin while I watch Westbrook put up 200+ total yards on the G-men.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

It took a Herculean, franchise-record setting effort by Tiki Barber in a game that the Giants HAD TO WIN in order to get by the lowly Redskins, who were playing for nothing but a worse draft pick. NY has lost 6 of it's last 8.

The Eagles have won their last 5 in a row.

Making a compelling argument not just that the Giants will win, but "OMG of course they win look at their playorz!"...is absurd.

If Tiki can put the entire struggling franchise on his back again this weekend, then sure, maybe NY can pull another one out. Nothing else in their play the past 8 weeks, including against the Eagles just 3 weeks ago, leads me to believe they'll win.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Seahawks are going to the superbowl? lol?

It awes me how you talk about the Giants always comming out strong when 15 of Eli's 24TD passes have come in the 2nd half. Whats funnier is werent the Giants the ones who came back from a 17 point deficit to beat the Eagles (in philly) this season? Everyones talking about Jeff Garcia like hes not the same Jeff Garcia that sucked ass in cleveland.

I mean think about it. Tiki Barber/Plax/Shockey/(Manning)

vs. Jeff Garcia?
    Was half asleep when I wrote that post, my bad.

I was at the giants game on the 24th and it's pathetic how Eli plays. Lets throw one good throw in the first quarter, then get shit on for the rest of the game. He threw like shit, and tiki ran like shit. I don't follow the giants, I was going by the game I went to. Sorry if you're a fan of them and want to defend them, I can understand that. It's just whenever I watch them, the same thing happens; they look good at first then just get walked all over. I don't like the eagles either, the game is meaningless to me since neither team will get any farther than the game following this one. Jeff Garcia is terrible, you're right about that, but the only reason I want the eagles to win however is because I have money on it lol.

Really don't know why I wrote seahawks are going to the superbowl in that post lol. I have no idea where my mind was when I wrote that. I've felt strongly about the chargers going since the beginning, and have no clue whatsoever how I wrote superbowl in that sentence at all lmao.

Either way, it's going to be Colts/Pats/Hawks/Eagles, really.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Wild Card week doesn't excite me much... about the only thing I'll bother rooting for is Eli Manning fucking up and losing.

Eagles > Giants. 8)

The Colts won't lose to the Chiefs at home. I think they're 8-0 for a reason there and the Chiefs don't strike me as having the massive attack enough to change that.

I will stand by my pick in the other thread. Cowboys vs Chargers Superbowl Rematch!

Cowboys have been soft to close the season out but I think its an elaborate scheme by Bill Parcells to bring Romo back down to earth. I expect him to bounce back in the playoffs.

I hope the Eagles beat the Giants because the Giants are a lot scarier than the Eagles IMO. Someone from the NFC East is going to the Superbowl for sure though. I just don't see any other NFC team matching up besides the Saints but we got an answer for them =] I'd rather play the Eagles than the Giants in the NFC Championship thats for sure.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I agree Manning is shit, but he shows up when he has to.
    Like in last year's 22-0 home playoff loss to Carolina?

Regarding the Seahawks/Cowboys, Colin Cowherd just cited an interesting statistic. In the last five weeks, the Cowboys have played five quarterbacks: Jon Kitna, Michael Vick, Eli Manning, Jeff Garcia, Drew Brees. Those quarterbacks have passed for 1500 yds, 16 TD's and have a QB rating of 119.5. The Seahawks secondary is beat to shit, so this game might endup somewhere around 45-42, but I'll take Hasselbeck at home over Romo.

Picks: Eagles/Seahawks/Colts/Pats

Most likely upsets: Chiefs > Cowboys > Giants > Jets

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    It took a Herculean, franchise-record setting effort by Tiki Barber in a game that the Giants HAD TO WIN in order to get by the lowly Redskins, who were playing for nothing but a worse draft pick. NY has lost 6 of it's last 8.

Making a compelling argument not just that the Giants will win, but "OMG of course they win look at their playorz!"...is absurd.
    Never once did i say the Giants were a lock to win the game, im just saying its hard to pick a winner when both teams have a lot going for them comming into this game.

Its one thing to say the Eagles look good, but to say Garcia of all people will lead them to victory directly after Tiki has a 200+ yard game is rediculous. Especially when the Eagles are in the bottom 8 in rush defense in the league.

There are 2 x-factors in this game. Garcia, and Tiki Barber. Who would you bet on?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There are 2 x-factors in this game. Garcia, and Tiki Barber. Who would you bet on?
    Tiki Barber is not an X-Factor. You know exactly what you're getting from him, he's a stud. Eli Manning in an X-Factor.

Demosthenes11

Never once did i say the Giants were a lock to win the game, im just saying its hard to pick a winner when both teams have a lot going for them comming into this game.

Its one thing to say the Eagles look good, but to say Garcia of all people will lead them to victory directly after Tiki has a 200+ yard game is rediculous. Especially when the Eagles are in the bottom 8 in rush defense in the league.

losing 6/8 games means you have something "going for you" ? Take off your bias glasses, the giants have no business winning this game, while the Eagles have shown they deserve it

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Colts vs Chiefs
    The Colts run defense made Ron Dayne and the swiss-cheese Houston OL look like gods. RON DAYNE. Chiefs will win hands down unless Manning just goes into his insane no-huddle cyborg mode and throws for 5 TDs, but I don't think he will because he's not a bigtime playoff player.

Pats vs Jets
    To everyone picking the Jets: It's hard to put your money against Tom Brady in the playoffs. I have to go with the Pats as much I don't want to. Losing Rodney Harrison will hurt the Pats down the road more than people seem to think though.

Cowboys vs Seahawks
    The Cowboys are just a mess on both sides of the ball right now. They looked like a team worthy of winning the Brady Quinn sweepstakes last week against the Lions, not a team worthy of a playoff seed. The Seahawks just haven't had the cohesiveness and chemistry all season due to various injuries to key players and horrendous OL play, mainly due to the departure of Steve Hutchinson in the offseason. Out of all the games, this is hardest to call, but I give the nod to the Seahawks as I think they have a better chance of pulling things together now than the Cowboys.

Eagles vs Giants
    Not very many people are giving the Giants much credit and I think it's a tougher game to call than most people think. Sure, the Giants have had key injuries on the defensive side of the ball (Strahan, way overpaid Arrington), their passing game is one of the most erratic in the NFL, and they have probably the worst coach of all the playoff teams in Tom Coughlin, but I just can't see Tiki Barber lying down easily in what could be his last game and I expect the team to rally around him. Not to mention neither Garcia or Andy Reid are well known for their fantastic playoff history. I'll go out on a limb and take the Giants in a close game.

Sorry, I'm a Vikings fan so I care about the NFC more lol.

Also, making the Pro Bowl means jack shit as it's mainly just name recognition. Larry Allen made it to the pro bowl this season, end of story.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by volcanicweather
    Also, making the Pro Bowl means jack shit as it's mainly just name recognition. Larry Allen made it to the pro bowl this season, end of story.

Exactly. Look no further than fucking Tony Romo going after 8 starts. Granted noone else stepped up and took but you if you are going to pick him why not throw in Hasselbeck who was injured for what 5 games?

Anyway...

In regards to the Colts and Chiefs I will be rooting for Indy to win the game but this is the one game they really didnt need to open with. Their run defense is nothing short of a fucking sieve and seeing how Larry Johnson just pounds and pounds and pounds they could be in trouble. I mean they made Ron Dayne look like the NFL Heisman trophy winner and lets not forget about what Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew did to that ass a few weeks ago. They even trade for Mcfarland to plug the middle and still are getting waxed due to Freeny rushing the QB like a maniacal beast. I want them to win but meh, we will see.

Plus everyone knows why Herman Edwards plays the game right? LOL

New England vs New York in my mind will be a very good game. Like volcanic said, the loss of Harrison will be a factor and a liability at some point in the future. (LOL @ Cheap shot king Harrison calling his knee injury a cheap shot) But I am going to go with the Jets in this game. Granted it is always hard to pick against Brady but while they have the running game with Maroney and Dillion the passing game is kind of sub par to be frank. They have the dual TEs in Graham and Watson, both of which are beasts, but I see them falling just a bit short in this one.

Eagles vs Giants in my mind will go to the Giants. Granting Eli is erratic and is about as reliable as Nick Saban giving his word he wont leave a program. I like the Eagles but everyone seems to forget that Garcia is shit. He fucking sucked in Cleveland and he fucking sucked in Detroit. Detroit ran the same offense and even had Marriuchi to boot. Any other QB and I would change my vote but let's be real. It's a nice "You can do it!" story but 3 good games does not equate to playoff success. To take a page from Parcells "C'mon guys lets put away the anointing oils", hes only started 3 games.

Cowboys vs Seahawks? Seahawks. Thanks to Romo finally showing his fumbling, overhyped stripes. It really is that simple.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Colts vs Chiefs
    Despite their lousy run defense and recent slide I think the Colts will rally in the first round.

Pats vs Jets
    I haven't been terribly impressed with the Pats this year and the Jets are playing rather well.

Cowboys vs Seahawks
    How the Cowboys got this far is beyond me. I predict a trouncing and epic post-game whining and excuses from TO.

Eagles vs Giants
    Looking forward to this one the most (Colts vs Chiefs is close though). Should be a great rivalry game, despite how Eli and the Giants have played the last few weeks. Eagles in the end, but it should be fun.

This is just a teaser though. Give me Saints, Seattle, Bears games next week. My new JVC 56" 1080 set will be up and running just in time too. Can't wait! :D

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I want the colts to win so the tampa execs who fired him can slap themselves in the forehead when they look at what a failure gruden is after taking dungys almost perfect team to the superbowl

fuck you tampa, dungy was a god and you blew him off for a little bitch

and I dont even like football that much (except the commercials are pwn)

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    I want the colts to win so the tampa execs who fired him can slap themselves in the forehead when they look at what a failure gruden is after taking dungys almost perfect team to the superbowl

fuck you tampa, dungy was a god and you blew him off for a little bitch

and I dont even like football that much (except the commercials are pwn)

I agree lol.

I'd like to see Dungy win one since gettng the shaft in Tampa, I too am still mad at them over how that went down. I used to like the Bucs back then also They getting pwned nowadays so it's all balancing itself out now it seems.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I wish Mike Alstott would get himself traded to a team that puts him to good use. He's the only reason I still show even fleeting interest in Tampa. Tony Dungy's treatment, Gruden's suckiness, and Warren Sapp leaving really killed the Bucks for me.

Alstott is a freaking beast, even after 10+ years, and he barely touches the ball. Someone that wants to start pounding defenses in to submission needs to make him an offer. Like Chicago!

Colts vs Chiefs
    Chiefs

Patriots vs Jets
    Patriots

Seahawks vs Cowboys
    Seahawks

Giants vs Eagles
    Eagles.

I've never been a fan of, nor liked McNabb so Garcia is a nice change. Although their passer ratings are the same, McNabb couldn't perform in important games in managing the game. Call it play calling, or making critical errors, McNabbs success was against easy teams, where as Garcia's had to face play off contenders.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    losing 6/8 games means you have something "going for you" ? Take off your bias glasses, the giants have no business being in the playoffs, while the Eagles have shown they deserve it
    Has a team ever backed into the playoffs in NFL history like they did? Seriously, when it comes down to winning the 5th tiebreaker scenario against the lowly Packers, who had won 4 straight just to get into that position, I mean Jesus Christ.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    losing 6/8 games means you have something "going for you" ? Take off your bias glasses, the giants have no business being in the playoffs, while the Eagles have shown they deserve it
    Has a team ever backed into the playoffs in NFL history like they did? Seriously, when it comes down to winning the 5th tiebreaker scenario against the lowly Packers, who had won 4 straight just to get into that position, I mean Jesus Christ.
    Lets put it this way, the Eagles are playing the best that they have all year and theyre still nothing special. If the Giants play like everyones knows they should then they will come out the victors. On top of that, Philly got their asses handed to them by Indy and tenesee before beating Carolina, Washington by 2, ailing giants & dallas, and atlanta who had nothing to play for. To me, none of those games really prove that they will make any type of noise in the playoffs.

I mean honestly, betting against tiki after a 234 yard game who will be playing a team with no rush defense and are being lead by a backup QB just seems odd to me. But whatever, its the NFL, anything can happen.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I said it before, I'll say it again. Tiki had 125ish yards combined in both eagles-giants games against that same bad rush defense. Just because he had 200+ yards last week doesn't mean he's gunna do it vs a team where twice he's shown he can't rush for over 100.

And that same backup QB beat the Giants at home a few weeks ago. It's not like he's some unproven rookie.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Bumping this for later today, big game for me tonight, I was on te cowboys bandwagon earily and I've been trashing the seahawks on this board all year long, chances of me eating crow look bad, but I'm still pickin' the boys