Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dia Wand     submit to reddit submit to twitter

So does the dialog just break when you reach the top rank? ... actually I wouldn't be surprised if it did and crashed the game.

There is another piece if dialog that indicates First Lieutenant as a possible choice for your current rank though ... it's the same guy, but it's the dialog when you fail (dialog ID 2665).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It would sorta make sense for there to be 11 ranks, anyway.

Consider 10 Assaults per region.

You're PSC. How do you rank up? You do the 1st assault for each region (or repeat one a bunch, but for the sake of this example, say you complete each new assault for your 25 points).

So you do 1st of 10 assaults to reach rank 2.

Then you do the 2nd of 10 assaults to reach rank 3.

etc.

You do the 10th of 10 assaults, get your 25 points, and hit rank 11, which does not grant access to new assaults, but is your reward for getting your last 25 points with the 10th of 10 assaults.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    There was a zone released before CoP that has never been released called "The Last Stand". People who have participated in the Alpha of the FFXIProject have entered the area and found out that it's another area similar to the Horutoto Ruins, kinda like Mordion Gaol. Another GM-based area, perhaps?
    For some reason, I thought that this area was was used for a special event at the Tokyo Game Show or one of the other shows where you fought Trion, etc. Now that I look at the dialog in that zone again though, it really doesn't make that much sense. Not to mention that I have no idea why they'd push down a zone to all clients just for a special event.
    The zone they used for this event, and for the event against the "Vana'diel Heroines", is the Stellar Fulcrum at the top of Delkfutt's Tower.
    Quick derail here but has anyone used their Cordial invite and confirmed if it is a one time use item or not? I've had mine sitting in storage since Fanfest because I don't want to use it if it'll be broken after one attempt at the BC.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

About ranks... In the game files the top rank for the three cities is Rank 15. Chances are national ranks will never go past Rank 10 though. They probably made the highest Mercenary Rank 15 to match the system already in place for national rank.

When the game was developed they intended the highest level to be 150, having 15 Ranks makes sense. (One rank per every 10 levels.)

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Someone asked at Fanfest if they'd ever add more missions for the 3 nations and SE said they would consider it if there was a demand for it. Pretty much the most bullshit answer ever but it's better than flat out saying "Nope".

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Increasing the available nation ranks would require me to lose all my outposts again to fully complete each nation.

That would not make me a happy camper.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice
    Someone asked at Fanfest if they'd ever add more missions for the 3 nations and SE said they would consider it if there was a demand for it. Pretty much the most bullshit answer ever but it's better than flat out saying "Nope".
    I don't think that answer was a "no" so much as it was "most of the people who play this game are lazy and don't want to do missions so it doesn't warrant putting in more stuff for the vast minority of players who do like storyline and doing missions".

Or at least that is how I read it...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Increasing the available nation ranks would require me to lose all my outposts again to fully complete each nation.
    OPs should be cumulative; so if you do a bunch with one nation and then switch to another you get to keep all of your old ones. That would give people somewhat more of an incentive to change nations, do missions and would make getting all OPs a little easier.
    It would also give more scope for allowing them to add new city rank missions without putting people off for fear of loosing their OPs.
    They definetly need to add a reward for rank 10 in all cities though. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    OPs should be cumulative; so if you do a bunch with one nation and then switch to another you get to keep all of your old ones. That would give people somewhat more of an incentive to change nations, do missions and would make getting all OPs a little easier.
    It would also give more scope for allowing them to add new city rank missions without putting people off for fear of loosing their OPs.
    They definetly need to add a reward for rank 10 in all cities though. ._.
    Title: Traitorous Triple Turncoat

I'd honestly rather see people make a choice and have better reasons to stick with it, and more reasons to be in your home town. That the three starting cities are safe and boring places should change.

Besieged/Assault-style events for all three nations. Because mercs do the dirty work the national forces can't be seen doing, and beastmen should do more than sit in their pretty lairs and wait for RMT's to camp them for Kotes.

Lower level orcs from Gheslba. Yagudo from Giddeus. Quadav from Palborough.

Higher level orcs from Davoi. Yagudo from Oztroja. Quadav from Beaudeaux.

Turn one of the city areas into a Besieged style combat area with something/people to protect and a Sanction-type constant reward to encourage it. ToAU has some good stuff, it needs to be used on old areas as well.

*spoiler*

And we know from the ToAU missions there are 5 Astral candies. 1 for the Empire, 4 for the three nations and Jeuno?