• I don't play FFXI

11 3.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've played on ps2 since beta, I've always had my laptop handy. I've recently installed ffxi on pc when I dual box on my friend's account and I won't even bother installing windower since I'll probably still be using my laptop to look things up. I wonder how much I contribute to the electricity bill in my household, probably an astronomical amount.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I never play with Windower. I tried it once and the gamma was fucked up, even with brightness it sucked. Fullscreen also fails. I like my non-windowed version, thanks.

It takes at max 30 seconds to log off so... whatever.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If they found a way to completly get rid of windower, they'd be finding a way of completly getting rid of my monthly payment.

When windower is broke, I don't play. The game is already a horrible time sink of life as it is, like I'm going to stand and stare at my monitor while waiting on the 3 hour (what it seems) boat ride or waiting for airships or staring at darters.

Fuck that noise.
    I do play on XBox as well but I have a laptop as well that I keep around for things like this or I change the video mode to go into TV to watch something while this game sucks even more life out of me.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Have pc and never used a windower. Guess i just never really cared that much, and since im not exactly playing right now.

Meh ill probably change my tune when i actually download it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Windower of course, how else would you get to use POS? Or do they have new tools now?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    I never play with Windower. I tried it once and the gamma was fucked up, even with brightness it sucked. Fullscreen also fails. I like my non-windowed version, thanks.

You can raise gamma in windower

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

You can alter like all of that fairly easily.

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmessenger

Is a controller as efficient as a keyboard when it comes down to macros? I use 2/3 macro sets during 1 fight and I'm able to switch real fast. One of the reasons I can't imagine playing FFXI with a controller.
    I think so, I play on computer but I still insist on using a controller while I'm playing because
    1) I find it esier to move around with an analog,
    2) for Curing or doing anything across an alliance, or targeting anything outside, I find it more useful, and
    3) for me anyways, it opens the macro pallet ALOT faster and responds faster.

I only use windower when I have to (badly) 2-box people. It really screws up gamma/graphics... and I've -tried- to fix them. the gamma command doesn't work for me for whatever reason, graphics just end up being choppy ( NES ftl ).

Some of the plugins can be nice, but for the most part unneeded for me. I have a laptop beside me at all times anyhow to be playing another game at the same time or looking up info.

If setup correctly, with no plug-ins, you can have the gamma the exact same as when you're windowed.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    If setup correctly, with no plug-ins, you can have the gamma the exact same as when you're windowed.

Turn off "bump mapping" in the ffxi options, then the windower "F11" auto brightness thing works perfect.

oh and i play PC ver... so when i play ffxi I can lookup FFXI hentai at the same time.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    You'll have to pry my windower out of my cold, dead hand.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    oh and i play PC ver... so when i play ffxi I can lookup FFXI hentai at the same time.
    Don't you play FFXI in hentai-vision already?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Couldn't survive without a controller, macros and general gameplay are a nightmare without one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I couldn't survive WITH a controller. I've always liked the controls for keyboard.

FFXI is a broken game without windower.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

ps2, i dont need the space taken away on my laptop

to the OP. Since everyone came to the understanding that SE apparently doesn't like people using windower, people are sketchy about directly refrencing to it in game. For a while my LS refrenced to it as "charlie brown" lol. I was confused as hell when they started saying that.

And its safe to say 98% of the people that play ffxi on PC use a windower. And the other 2% are people that have another means of looking up information via a laptop or something.

For me i seriously can't imagine FFXI without it. Its as part of the game to me now as sole sushi is. Doesn't make sense without it.

Banned.

BG Level

Well nah this guy and me are good buddies, and he seemed serious about it, not even tried to make a read-between-words reference or anything.

Besides i openly talk about windower in LS chat :D

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

PS2, with my PC like 5 feet away.

Could I possibly be such a prolific forum whore if I couldnt read BG at the quick press of alt-tab?