Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Funniest thing you have seen/done in Vana'diel

They need a limbo section for Newbie and Advance. Anyway.

Pretty much what subject says, what's the funniest thing you have seen or done in Vana'diel. Name a few if you have some good stories.

All that comes to mind at the moment is.....

///
    It was getting pretty late in JP time, I completely forget the PT setup, this was back when my RDM was only 60ish, so a good 2 years ago.

Well our horrible horrible HORRIBLE WHM JP Taru (awww so cute right) decided to fall asleep on us. Well the party was pretty much going to an end anyway, so our PLD voked a Dhamal, THF SATA'd the WHM and BLM D2'd all of us. GOOD fun.
    ///

///
    Since I wanted 5-2 SOOOO bad, I had my RL friend Eriu and Lokimika gather some people to help me with Shadow Lord. Sunshine, this kick ass Galka Samurai was quitting that day, so this was his last event.

We all made it to SL just fine, starting fighting yadda yadda yadda.

I didn't know WTF to do, I was just a lonley RDM, so i'm like ALRIGHT THUNDER!!! Right when his first form was about to die the screen goes black. When it loads back up...i'm in Jeuno. Now at this point I thought we beat it, but everyone else was still in the castle. All I get was a /tell from my buddy "Dude...why did you warp?"
    ///

SHARE!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

fairy wings + subligar + savage blade is pretty win =p

edit: got it from Orts and Shinjii in Ragnarok a long time ago when they were giving the papillions away at an event.

it gets a lot of wwwwwwwwwwww when i use it on my pld in JP PTs now =p

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I claimed an NM using Rampage once, after a person used Provoke on it and it was still yellow. I had provoke so I don't know why I felt like Rampage was the way to go... but it still worked. I was in awe for the rest of the day.

My friend's Eagle Eye Shot macro is as follows:

"IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER"
    /wait 2
    "IMA FIRIN MAH LAZER"

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

This was absolutely hilarious when it happened:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...nem/rancor.jpg

the 'q' thing is an inside joke.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Gotta love forgetting about that hate for MONTHS until you see the tonberries casting it on you...

Demosthenes11

Pretty sure CS escaping out of DM with only elf remaining is atop the list. Wouldn't have been that bad but it got a whm too -.-

New Merits
    BG Level

Hmm... one that I remember..

For awhile I wanted to kill Taisaijin, so I said in my old ls I was gonna go camp it because I was so bored. Then the LS leader sends me a tell and says tell me if it pops. So I was like ok. I wait about 1hr then I tell him it popped, so his slow ass takes about 15min to come to Ranguemont pass. When he comes in, I said trade me real quick, and I trade him a ginger cookie and d2'd him. The NM wasn't even popped. Then he broke my pearl, pretty fun time though

Oh, back when I used to be a huge asshole lol.. Me and a friend had a contest to see who could get the best D2 while waiting for dynamis-bastok to start. So, we blind invited people who were nearby and d2'd them, couple of them were just back to Bastok but one was to Valkurm Dunes, was pretty funny at the time. Feel bad about it now though lol.

Another when I was an asshole.. was exping in Thickets w/ a LS-only PT w/ my old LS, we were the only ones to have 2 BRD's, but there was about 3-4 other parties. Someone in another party made a comment about us sleeping everything and hogging monsters, so I took it upon myself to keep them updated on our chain in /shout every once in awhile.... they weren't happy at all lol. We had actually lost the chain at one point, but I keep shouting a higher number anyway... was so much fun

Haha I love the random D2s.

I always wanted to hit up a main town, and take the time to have someone travel to...oh I don't know...Xarcabard with me. Make the nooblet set his home point, and leave him stranded.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Haha I love the random D2s.

I always wanted to hit up a main town, and take the time to have someone travel to...oh I don't know...Xarcabard with me. Make the nooblet set his home point, and leave him stranded.
    My friend had access to this one guy's account while he went on vacation, so prior to him returning she asked for help to set his home point someplace.

We ended up putting him in some nasty subligar i think, put his homepoint in Cape Terrigan, and then took him to Castle Oztraja near the High Priests (the area near Yagudo Crest) as a level 1 job. So he logged on, aggroed some yagudo's, ended up homepointing only to find himself in Cape Terrigan without any oils or powders. Needless to say we eventually had to go get him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lol good times...

Back in like summer 2003 LS mates and myself were down in Giddeus for some bcnm40 fun, while otw to the bcnm I saw some lost japanese players, about 10 of them all lv22-24 looking for the key gobs for kazham access.
    I was feeling generous that day so I rally everyone to help them get keys. So we are killing some key birds for them when a nm pops, and drops some cheap + chr necklace, I mean it wasnt worth more than 2k for sure. The lowbies decided to lot the necklace, Iam asking them to pass lot, with auto translate, cause I mean they didnt kill it.
    This is when it gets fun. We get pissed and decide to just train All of giddeus, I mean ALL of it. The nubs get all confused and try to fight stuff off, they start getting hurt and we arent helping them so they decide to run lol. The farthest they get is the tunnels with the ninja nm yags. The one that drops the drain mp knife.
    Best part was the tells I was getting, Why??? I'm sad now. lol

Good times.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Not really funny to me, but others find it hilarious.

My LS was doing the promys first day COP came out, when they were in hard mode and it took hours and hours to even do 1 promy. Well we did mea, dem, and then went on to holla. It was really really late by this time, like 4am, and we finally got to the top of holla. First group goes, they succeed and get through to meadows, then second group does the same. My group goes, and we lose. Then we try again and lose. Then we think of a really great strategy that'll definitely let us win the next time, and this kid in our group falls asleep. So we couldn't go again, because no matter how long we called he wouldn't wake up, and no one in the other groups could help us because they were already in meadows. It suuuuuuuuuuuucked.

That blows

Banned.

BG Level

I /telled the near entirety of server "I love you". Some of the reactions from "boyfriends" were quite funny.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Tried to steal claim on Mee Deggi from an RMT exp pt in Oztroja. I got enough hate, but I forgot to run away and have the mob follow me.

Other than that I could've stolen claim.

Kind of funny, but more of a stupid moment to laugh at.

Forgive me, no pics as they're on a different PC, so apparently this didn't happen.

So I'd just got sea and went on my first Limbus run. Some newb Limbus LS that included among other things a bunch of people who'd never heard of Fafnir in their lives. Lucky them. Anyways.

So we do the Apollyon run with the king clones. All goes well until Crynoprosproroeiwhatever. Someone has the genius idea to run in and engage the big fucking Fafnir clone without giving anyone Wyrm 101..

So not only do we have a black mage party behind the thing, but we have a bard with 'em without a single piece of -enmity gear. I start saying that this might not be such a good idea, because of Everyone's Favourite Pit Wiper™, Spike Flail.

Bard : i dunno wat a spike flail is lol
    Me : Bad news. Trust me. Stand on the front feet.
    Crynoprosorpoaoprapa readies Spike Flail.
    Screen of "Everyone takes 9,000 damage, everyone was defeated by the manafont nuke-spamming black mage party's stupidity"
    Me : THAT was spike flail.

I swear, the goddamn pixel dragons have the best comic timing.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Favorite joke I like to play on my friends is in a popular place ie White gate, Alzahbi(sp), Lower Jeuno. I like to run /sh saying that I'm quitting the game and im giving away gil and equipment to new players on my other char. My other char being my unsuspecting friend. LOL I die laughing when I get a /tell from my friend 5 mins later asking why he is getting spammed with /tells. 8)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Way back in the day my good friend Kazunori and I were chillin' in North Sando, fishin' with our Tarus (he was on his mule Kazutaru).

Then some random Elvaan guy with a question mark comes near us.

We decide to go pester him for a bit. So we get close to him and we start spamming emotes, /panic, /praise, /joy etc.

lol he tried to get away but we kept following him... he even shouted "Leave me alone!!" lmao.

Anyways, we did that for a good 10-15min, I have never laughed so hard playing FFXI.

//

Last night I was in Palborough Mines, running to the Shrine when I got a tell from a noob asking if I was a GM (wish I took the SS). I said yes and he was telling me how Fire crystals didn't drop as often for him as they did on Bismark Server. So he asked me if there was a cheat for drops and if there was a drop rate difference from servers lol.

Then Kandy jumped into it, I told him she was the expert of the drop system @ SE lol.

Good times.

A few LS members and I started up a low level static to level our subjobs and alternate jobs. The advantage of this was we frequently leveled in the non-typical areas.

One day we were leveling in Behemoth's Domain, fighting Gaylas. We're exping away when all of a sudden we all appear at the Crag at Holla. We all turn to the White Mage who stares back at us blankly and says, "I thought that cure spell took a long time to go off."

Another time, again leveling in Behemoth's Domain with same static. We picked up a random BLM named Sutra for our sixth member. However, this brainchild decided she wanted to melee and cast Divine spells. ("I need to level up Divine for my main.") She also had like no gear whatsoever, and never cast Elemental spells.

The party setup was BRD (me), PLD, WAR, THF, WHM and this pickup. The THF would pull, the WAR would provoke, and the THF would SATA on the PLD. Well, this brilliant BLM would melee too close to the PLD. One time, while hitting the SATA, the THF accidentally tricked off the BLM. <BAM> BLM goes down! It was kind of funny, and the THF apologized and tried to point out that the BLM shouldn't be meleeing, let alone right next to PLD. Meanwhile we're all laughing in LS chat.

But that's not the funny part. Not three pulls later ... he did it again! <BAM> BLM goes down! I almost died of laughter.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Mierin
    However, this brainchild decided she wanted to melee and cast Divine spells. ("I need to level up Divine for my main.")
    I wonder if they know they can't skill that up on BLM.

That just makes it even more funny though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    Quote Originally Posted by Mierin
    However, this brainchild decided she wanted to melee and cast Divine spells. ("I need to level up Divine for my main.")
    I wonder if they know they can't skill that up on BLM.

That just makes it even more funny though lol.
    Exactly.