http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/t...dename-zephyr/

Looks like Microsoft is upgrading the 360

So who is gonna by the new version?

This link does not go to an article?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Basically, bigger HDD and HDMI cable for 1080p instead of VGA only.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hmmm. Is this really true. Or jus BS? Jus wanted to know. But i still wouldn't spend the same amount of money a 2nd time. Unless i traded it in then maybe.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not going to "rebuy" a 360.

I am sure the bigger Hard Drive will be available for purchase to add on to our "Xenon", which is all I really care about. Component cables are fine for HD for me, don't need HDMI.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My 19" TV with 1 speaker is pretty much saying I have no need for that new xbox.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wish I didn't have to get vga for 1080p. :\

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I doubt I will pay another 400 just so I can play games at 1080p... the difference isn't that great between 720p and 1080p anyways... I can live without it.

I personally think MS is making a mistake by producing a new kind of 360 just so people can use their HDMI for gaming, instead of just making some kind of port cable that will be able to connect to the HDMI instead out of the EXISTING 360.... because quite honestly, I don't know many people that will fork over 400 bucks just to get their picture quality a LITTLE BIT better.

EDIT:

As far as the Hard Drive go, since you can remove the 20gig i'm assuming you could do the same with the 120gig -- therefore, you could just purchase the HD instead of the whole system... so that's not really a problem.

So yeah, I really hope for MS's sake that they will come up with some adaptor to link up their new HDMI cables to the old 360, instead of making people pay so much money just for a small upgrade.

The one thing I am wondering about is the HD-DVD... if it's an internal one, that might mean that they will start using them for gaming. However, if they could create a firmwire that will upgrade your external HD-DVD and turn it into a playable drive, that wouldn't be a problem either. (Then again, paying 200 for the external HD-DVD + whatever they will charge for the bigger HD, it might be worth it to just buy this new one... goddamn MS.)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    I personally think MS is making a mistake by producing a new kind of 360 just so people can use their HDMI for gaming, instead of just making some kind of port cable that will be able to connect to the HDMI instead out of the EXISTING 360. So yeah, I really hope for MS's sake that they will come up with some adaptor to link up their new HDMI cables to the old 360, instead of making people pay so much money just for a small upgrade.
    I'm about 99% certain there's additional hardware required to output a true HDMI signal. It's not just a matter of slapping on a cable that converts from component to HDMI. Would be nice, but MS wouldn't put out a new version if they could just do a cable instead.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Would it be better to wait for the new 360 to get one, even though I don't own an HDTV (looking for one atm)?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace
    Would it be better to wait for the new 360 to get one, even though I don't own an HDTV (looking for one atm)?
    If you ever plan on getting an HDTV that has HDMI input, you might as well hold off. The difference may be slight, but it is noticeable from what I hear (haven't seen an HDMI 1080p vs. 760p comparison yet.)

netz

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads
    I'm about 99% certain there's additional hardware required to output a true HDMI signal. It's not just a matter of slapping on a cable that converts from component to HDMI. Would be nice, but MS wouldn't put out a new version if they could just do a cable instead.
    Perhaps the move to a separate HDMI port is indicative of HDCP also being added?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't know man. Maybe they can add another accessory that you can hook up to your 360's USB port or something, which will then put out a HDMI output and let you hook it up to the TV.

They are going to have to come up with a solution that will offer it to all their clients. They can't expect everyone to buy their new 360 just because they added a dumb port.

Same thing goes to the HD-DVD if it will indeed me built in and companies will start making the games in HD-DVD. (If that will be possible, they will have to release a firmwire that will upgrade your external HD-DVD and turn it into a playable player.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've personally been waiting for an HD upgrade before considering a 360. Paying $100 for a 20gig HD was a massive ripoff when the 360 first came out, and now it's even more ridiculous. HDMI out is nice too but really as soon as they put a more reasonably-sized hd in the premium pack (or let users add their own HD like the PS3), then I'll consider buying one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It'll be surprising to see how much they will chage for the console itself, if it really will have all those upgrades in it. If the price isn't that attractive, maybe buying the new HD by itself will still be more profitable than actually buying a new xbox.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Call me a minimalist but I don't even own an HD TV so my Xbox360 v1.0 will do fine for me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    I doubt I will pay another 400 just so I can play games at 1080p... the difference isn't that great between 720p and 1080p anyways... I can live without it.

I personally think MS is making a mistake by producing a new kind of 360 just so people can use their HDMI for gaming, instead of just making some kind of port cable that will be able to connect to the HDMI instead out of the EXISTING 360.... because quite honestly, I don't know many people that will fork over 400 bucks just to get their picture quality a LITTLE BIT better.
    You can play games at 1080p through VGA now, not that you would want to since the hardware in the 360/ps3 really can't do 1080p games at a decent frame rate.

I'm going to be friggin pissed if this comes out soon and at the same price. I JUST got a 360 for Christmas, lol.