Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

while we're talking about ridills, last night on carbuncle LS 1 claims fafnir and is really kicking his ass pretty quickly. About 95% of me and tyche's LS warps out leaving like 5 people, 4blm and 1 tank and when it gets low HP one of their blms thundaga's and gets all the darters then wipes. Our linkshell grabs it after it goes yellow then burst II's goes off and a ridill drops ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender
    while we're talking about ridills, last night on carbuncle LS 1 claims fafnir and is really kicking his ass pretty quickly. About 95% of me and tyche's LS warps out leaving like 5 people, 4blm and 1 tank and when it gets low HP one of their blms thundaga's and gets all the darters then wipes. Our linkshell grabs it after it goes yellow then burst II's goes off and a ridill drops ;o
    Whenever I would go TOD kings on RDM or BLM I always secretly hoped stuff like this would happen, grats!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yeah, linkshells wiping at a low % is fun on BLM, especially on Wyrms xD. Grats on a Ridill though, that's gotta be a nice thing to see in your treasure pool with a group of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasta
    M. Feet - 5 (One double drop)
    Wtf D:
    Not really sure, but can't complain.
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...aspiddrops.jpg

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just a little bit of information for you~

The farther the chances for something deviate from 50%, the bigger the sample size you'd need to accurately deduce what these odds were. If Ridill were 50/50, a simple size of 100 or so would do alright. However, the observed drop rate for Ridill is definitely much lower than that. You'd need 1000s of data samples to make an accurate conclusion, and this doesn't even take in to account lurking variables such as Treasure Hunter, or whatever else may affect its drop rate.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo

The farther the chances for something deviate from 50%, the bigger the sample size you'd need to accurately deduce what these odds were. If Ridill were 50/50, a simple size of 100 or so would do alright. However, the observed drop rate for Ridill is definitely much lower than that. You'd need 1000s of data samples to make an accurate conclusion, and this doesn't even take in to account lurking variables such as Treasure Hunter, or whatever else may affect its drop rate.
    We know that already, anyone who can roll a dice can yell you that. But it's not physically possible to do that so stfu.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elondir
    Whenever I would go TOD kings on RDM or BLM I always secretly hoped stuff like this would happen, grats!
    lulz

it went to our aegis pld XD

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo

We know that already, anyone who can roll a dice can yell you that. But it's not physically possible to do that so stfu.
    Physically possible yes, practical no. There's only a few variables (no matter how "lol" they are, such as moonphase) that would need to be recorded. But I really hope no-one cares that much about something like this.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm pretty sure it'd be possible if someone knew how to decipher SEs source code for the game. If they could do that then it would be possible to come up with an equation that SE uses for drop rates.

And btw who got the Ridill out of the 4 BLMs and 1 PLD?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Deuciont
    I'm pretty sure it'd be possible if someone knew how to decipher SEs source code for the game. If they could do that then it would be possible to come up with an equation that SE uses for drop rates.

And btw who got the Ridill out of the 4 BLMs and 1 PLD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Quote Originally Posted by Elondir
    lulz

it went to our aegis pld XD

that happened like twice on gilgamesh!! just without the ridill droping part Sirlancelot's ls wiped at 1% from a Fafnir that 1 Spirits within from a nin killed it droped N.Head and they wiped again at 15% from their LS Leader SATA or something it and flailed it, another ls claimed it got it to 1% pulled darters and wiped, then like 10 ppl tried to mijin gakure / kill it soro but failed;; and it killed me! but it woulda droped a ridill!

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Lol, i pulled a "Prison Break" marathon last night, because ive never seen any of the eps and i DLed them all. Didn't know vyg got a ridill. Grats him lulz.

New Merits
    BG Level

Ridill has to be the most retarded drop-rate I've seen in this game, besides D.ring but I haven't killed enough KB to complain about that. Some LS's have luck with it and some don't. One LS on my server has about 6 ridills now from ~30 fafnirs and that doesn't count the 2 that they wiped to which my LS got ridills from.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Ridill has to be the most retarded drop-rate I've seen in this game, besides D.ring but I haven't killed enough KB to complain about that. Some LS's have luck with it and some don't. One LS on my server has about 6 ridills now from ~30 fafnirs and that doesn't count the 2 that they wiped to which my LS got ridills from.
    Technically D ring rate is probably not nearly as bad as ridill, it's just that there might be 8 fafnirs between 2 KB's or whatever

Sea Torques
    BG Level

my LS has horrible luck with ridill, 2 out of maybe close to 70-80..It started off atleast 0/50+

New Merits
    BG Level

Well by retarded i mean it's not really consistent. If that LS I said earlier didn't die to those 2 fafnirs they would have ~8 ridills from 30 or so fafnirs lol. They rarely show to aery and have so many.. while some who have killed Fafnir a lot don't have many.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deuciont
    I'm pretty sure it'd be possible if someone knew how to decipher SEs source code for the game. If they could do that then it would be possible to come up with an equation that SE uses for drop rates.?
    As far as I know, the server software hasn't leaked yet (to public at least). If it did, it would probably be possible to either spawn Fafnir manually or change it's ToD in order to kill it multiple times on private server. Also to either modify it's HP or give players uber gears for fast killing. Then record all possible things. Sample size of 100 should be possible to get in few hours easily.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, linkshells wiping at a low % is fun on BLM, especially on Wyrms xD. Grats on a Ridill though, that's gotta be a nice thing to see in your treasure pool with a group of 5.

Wtf D:
    I'd be complaining, that shit is garbage. I haven't taken mine out of storage in months at this point.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor

Wtf D:
    I'd be complaining, that shit is garbage. I haven't taken mine out of storage in months at this point.
    Meh, I don't know PLD shit. At least it wasn't Shura Feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor

Wtf D:
    Meh, I don't know PLD shit. At least it wasn't Shura Feet.
    Might as well should have been.

Just curious, people complaining about being 0/100 or 0/50 etc, do you (usually?) have TH in your alliance? TH3/4? Just curious. Ive noticed drop rates can be extremely inconsistent, as ive seen months pass with no LS getting ridills, but we've also gotten some ridills back to back, with maybe a 7-10% drop rate with a sample of 100-200 fafnirs(Usually with TH4).