BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

PSX on PSP Action!

With popstation you can get your psx cds to work on your PSP, with the right down, and then up, grading.

Now, does anyone actually know HOW to do this? I've been trying to read the topics but it just seems way too complicated (especially since there are about 10 topics for every single thing.)

If anyone actually has got this work, please shed some light so I can figure out how to do this thing. I'm sure it's not that complicated once you know what you're looking for, that board is just way too insane to try and read.

My PSP has been practically collecting dust for the past 3 months, i'm just trying to get something out of that dumb console.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

edit:
    sorry read your post wrong

do you want to know how to play ps1 games or how to downgrade?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

All the up/downgrades are done, I just can't figure out how to make the popstation make popstation do it now.

If anyone knows how the thing works just pm me on aim/msn.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

anyone know how to downgrade from 2.7? my psp as it is now is only for podcasts =/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I finally got it all down, all to the point where I can play my PSX games (compressed, mind you... got all of FF9 and a bunch of other games with it to go on one 2gig stick.)

If you need any help contact me on MSN or AIM and i'll help you out... I got all the files needed for all the up/downgrades and then the installations of darkalex's OE firmwires as well, so it'll be cake.

Well, first you must downgrade your PSP to firmware version 1.50 to be able to update to version 3.02 OE-B (the one with the PSX emu)

Depending on which firmware your PSP currently has, it may be difficult to downgrade your PSP.

.. Lol ok I just checked a psp website and there is already an update to the hacked firmware, 3.03 OE-A ... Ok, umm...

First check what your PSP's firmware is, if it is 2.81 to 3.03 you are out of luck, you cannot downgrade to 1.50 as of right now.

Next you must check what your PSP's motherboard is, this is simple, look at this image and check, http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articl ... 2spot1.jpg

Because if you do have this motherboard do NOT NOT NOT NOT do the steps im about to tell you, your PSP will die if you do.

Mmmmmk. Onto the steps!

First step, Downgrade to Version 1.50 firmware!

This has to be done a certain way, depending on which firmware your PSP is currently running.

Look at this page and download the one which is right for you. You can always reply back, and just tell me what your firmware is.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/35

Okay, you are now in 1.50 firmware woo. Now to update to the newest 3.03 hacked firmware~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download this and follow the instructions in the readme (ignore everything about the PSX emulation for right now)
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/960

Woo you are now in 3.02 OE-A firmware. Now get to OE-B
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/978

Woo. Now get to 3.03 OE-A (This firmware supports compression of PSX isos, faster, and less glitchier (word?))
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/998

Okay, now I do not have 3.03 OE-A yet so I dont know how it works with PSX isos but before you just put them into the GAME folder in your PSP. And also, yes, your brain did just explode

EDIT: OMG no way! I was two minutes off! It took me forever to post this tutorial XD! Well, im glade you got it working lmao... I got owned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol... THANKS THOUGH, at least I don't have to explain it (to be honest, I wouldn't be able to explain what I did today even if I wanted to.)

The one thing I still don't get is compressing the games. The lowest I could get the FF9 CD1 for example is about 405. Is there a way to compress the FF games even further, or am I just going to have to waste money and go out and get some more SD cards?

Oh, and I use PSX2PSP for the compressing... and Alcohol 120% for ripping them into the .img (stupid thing won't do .iso, but .img works just as well.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh and I don't think you actually need to install 3.02 OE-B before installing 3.03 OE-A (Even though I did, didn't want to miss a single step heh.)

Well, first you must downgrade your PSP to firmware version 1.50 to be able to update to version 3.02 OE-B (the one with the PSX emu)

Depending on which firmware your PSP currently has, it may be difficult to downgrade your PSP.

.. Lol ok I just checked a psp website and there is already an update to the hacked firmware, 3.03 OE-A ... Ok, umm...

First check what your PSP's firmware is, if it is 2.81 to 3.03 you are out of luck, you cannot downgrade to 1.50 as of right now.

Next you must check what your PSP's motherboard is, this is simple, look at this image and check, http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articl ... 2spot1.jpg

Because if you do have this motherboard do NOT NOT NOT NOT do the steps im about to tell you, your PSP will die if you do.

Mmmmmk. Onto the steps!

First step, Downgrade to Version 1.50 firmware!

This has to be done a certain way, depending on which firmware your PSP is currently running.

Look at this page and download the one which is right for you. You can always reply back, and just tell me what your firmware is.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/35

Okay, you are now in 1.50 firmware woo. Now to update to the newest 3.03 hacked firmware~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download this and follow the instructions in the readme (ignore everything about the PSX emulation for right now)
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/960

Woo you are now in 3.02 OE-A firmware. Now get to OE-B
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/978

Woo. Now get to 3.03 OE-A (This firmware supports compression of PSX isos, faster, and less glitchier (word?))
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/998

Okay, now I do not have 3.03 OE-A yet so I dont know how it works with PSX isos but before you just put them into the GAME folder in your PSP. And also, yes, your brain did just explode

EDIT: OMG no way! I was two minutes off! It took me forever to post this tutorial XD! Well, im glade you got it working lmao... I got owned.

EDIT2: How is the iso compression? Originally you could not compress so FF9 CD1 was ~750 MB ... Also, do you have to convert the game iso's into EBOOTs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah again, I use psx2psp so it compresses AND changes them into eboot automatically.

It works pretty well actually, I just hoped that the compression could go even further.

But from what i've seen so far, the game runs perfectly. FMVs and music is in sync, and everything seems to work well.

The one thing that bothers me is that you can't use the analog stick AND the directional buttons for movement, it's either one or the other. So that's kind of annoying, but I guess I can get used to the D-Pad.

I also got the Hot Shot 2 eboot which is probably the best for having the other eboots made on top of, so if you want it just contact me on AIM/MSN. (bottom of my post should show the link to them.) I saved all the installation files of EVERYTHING, so I can just send them to you and get you doing it in no time.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Oh shit that's awesome. I gotta try that out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

psx2psp also lets you name a different save file serial code too, so they don't overwrite each other and can co-exist (before, when people ported games to the PSP they could only save 1 game at a time or else they would lose that save, because it used the same number as the others... psx2psp let's you name a different number for each one, so they all compliment each other and be on the same SD card at once.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Okay so, everything works great now, except for the fact that FF8 keeps freezing everytime I try to cast Scan...

No other problem with it, so I guess I'll just avoid that specific spell.