Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Groovebox

Vanguard is NOT the WoW or FFXI Killer

You can say goodbye to EQ2 players though. Honestly, if you don't like EQ or EQ2 (I fucking hate both), don't waste your time. It does not even come close to FFXI or WoW... the gameplay seems to be everything we've seen before, but with shittier art direction and character design. I wish I didn't spend all that time downloading the 6 gig beta setup file off Fileplanet

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It stole stuff from other MMO's I've seen mainly the WoW interface and and death thing in WoW.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I beg to differ. Game play is still being tweaked, as is just about everything else in the game. The beta is winding down, so things are getting close to wrapped up, but it's still too early for you to go off on a tangent about it. Personally I am having a hell of a lot of fun with it. The graphics stomp all over WoW and FFXI, the UI is nice, grouping is fun, the quests are entertaining, and it's all around shaping up to be a very VERY nice game. Dunno what you're bitching about, personally.

Chances are if it's one of those quickly made korean MMOs it has a ton of stuff stolen from other MMOs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Considering Vanguard is made by the guys who created Everquest (arguably the world's first 3D MMORPG), it's safe to say that the 2nd gen MMO's "stole" tons of their ideas from Everquest.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

hmm got any screenshots of interesting stuff or ingame fraps video of anything cool?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: Vanguard is NOT the WoW or FFXI Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox
    You can say goodbye to EQ2 players though. Honestly, if you don't like EQ or EQ2 (I fucking hate both), don't waste your time. It does not even come close to FFXI or WoW... the gameplay seems to be everything we've seen before, but with shittier art direction and character design. I wish I didn't spend all that time downloading the 6 gig beta setup file off Fileplanet
    Can I have your beta account or whatever I need to download and try it out? I don't think I'll play either but I'd like to test it out. >.>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Pretty sure that would break the NDA. There's a whole hell of a lotta screenshots floating around though. Found one of the area I've been wandering around lately:

http://www.vanguard-esp.com/users/Gr...nguard-esp.jpg

This one doesn't do it justice since you can't see the bump mapping, and it looks like they have atmospheric distortion off (might have been an old SS before they added it.)

This one is a little better:

http://www.vanguard-esp.com/users/Gr...guard-esp2.jpg

Graphically they use shaders like they're going out of style, as well as HDR lighting, bloom effects, tone mapping, etc. Once they optimize it, it's really going to be sweet as hell.

Vobent

NDA was lifted, beta 5 begun yesterday at 5PM

Oh, and I need to get into beta. Now. wtfzorz ; ;

Groovebox

The graphics stomp all over WoW and FFXI
    I'm not talking about the souped up graphics engines in newer MMOs, I'm talking about the style of the game. VG is very bleh and uninteresting compared to the style from Blizzard and SE. The character design and direction in both those games run circles around vg. Polygons, Shaders, Specular lighting... w/e, it doesn't matter when the game is boring after 2 hrs of playing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Oh ya? Then I'll grab some screens when I get home from work and post them. Gotta see the volumetric clouds, and especially the water. The atmospheric distortion is a really nifty touch imo (though hearing region shouts about it some like it, some hate it.)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We've seen enough 'realistic' water and shit if it's constantly repetative shut the fucking game down.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox
    The graphics stomp all over WoW and FFXI
    I'm not talking about the souped up graphics engines in newer MMOs, I'm talking about the style of the game. VG is very bleh and uninteresting compared to the style from Blizzard and SE. The character design and direction in both those games run circles around vg. Polygons, Shaders, Specular lighting... w/e, it doesn't matter when the game is boring after 2 hrs of playing.
    Dunno what you want out of a game or what you did in VG, but there's a *ton* of things to do in VG. I'm still running around discovering new things all the time, and there's a bazillion quests which I find very entertaining. It won't be for everyone, but I don't think it deserves to be bashed. Not yet, anyway. Once it's all said and done and goes gold is when I'll trash it if it sucks, but personally I like it more than WoW and FFXI.

It was fun while I played it, I just hated lagging

Vobent

And once they upgrade to the Unreal Engine. Then it'll be much better.

Gameplay....well I STILL NEED TO GET INTO THE DAMN BETA

Groovebox

I dunno, graphics have really stopped impressing me since the 360 and PS3 --- I'm all about gameplay and style now.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Cuz you can fully judge the game in the beta stage right? I personally don't pass judgement on any MMO till 3-6 months after launch, because EVERY MMO in history has had shitty buggy launches with varying degrees of their content not finished. I probably won't even get Vanguard till 3 months or so after launch.

Despite that, i do agree they're rushing the launch and wish they'd push it back another month or two, but from what I've read they're out of money and couldn't fufill a lot of the ideas they promised.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I've read the vangaurd forums.. if it can even load, had to refresh a few times...

Seems most have to run "High performance" can't run on quality... can lag in cities even with a decent/good system. They mention something about "hitching"

Seems overall... game is ok with 2GB ram and high speed internet/cpu but "OMFG lag/game stuttering madness" in cities no matter how good a system you got if you got any form of quality setting beyond "high performance"

I'll maybe check it out... I found a few things inetresting about the game but, what kinda makes me not want to get it is it has no mithra like people (no those wolf head people don't count), and it definantly didn't seem to have any sexy female clothes.

Its soorta why I'm playing PSu currently, it has a mithra like race XD

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks like Elder Scrolls online.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Game needs at least 3 more months of development It has potential... but... like EQ2 it's being released too early.

It has muitple furry races... but nothing so far as the mithra whore race.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast