So... what do we think of gamespot now?

[link deleted]

Same reviewer by the way.

Game reviews are being overpaid?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

They could of been switched?

Xavier

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that.

Gamespot reviews have consistantly been unreliable at best as of late.

Seeing the game score higher on the Gamecube, while the reviewer says the Wii version is better was just mind boggling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Wii controls are far better than the GC controllers in terms of Zelda gameplay... especially since there are less buttons, and it's more easy to access everything with it.

The GCN version seems like it has buttons all over the place and the screen is filled with the HUD. (even though I haven't played it first hand, but it looked like it was worse than Ocarina.)

And people need to stop judging Jeff, he's a good reviewer... he was just expecting a lot more from a next-gen Zelda game, especially since Nintendo has THREE YEARS to work on it since they released Wind Waker. He never claimed that the Wii version was bad, just that it could have been a lot better... and if people stopped being such childish fanboys they would see that he is 100% right. I mean sure, TP is insanely fun and it is very long as well, but you would expect a next-gen Zelda game to look a LOT better than it did, and you would expect the swings to follow your command instead of just randomly going off.

Then again, TP was mirrored off its GCN version and wasn't made to be released as a Wii game in the first place, so we can give Nintendo the benefit of doubt and wait until they release the next true next-gen Zelda game for the Wii. But until then, people need to get off their high horse and stop accusing Jeff of hating on Nintendo. (Even though he is weird, and his reviews on the two make no sense.... he was still right when he made his first review on the Wii TP.)

Banned.

BG Level

Number systems, especially the ones that actually involve decimals, have always been in my opinion fail when being used to compare videogames. Also, Gamespot is like the FoxNews of Videogame Media. Or would that be GamePro?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Any chance that they scale games by system and not overall? So for a Gamecube game Zelda was an 8.9 but for Wii standards it's only an 8.8?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Gamespot got the dumbest and most biased reviewers out there, yeah.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Any chance that they scale games by system and not overall? So for a Gamecube game Zelda was an 8.9 but for Wii standards it's only an 8.8?
    The same games have been given slightly different scores before being on different systems (xbox graphics looked better than ps2, xbox version was .1 overall higher, etc), but never has a game been called "the better version" while getting a lower score.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    his reviews on the two make no sense....
    people might stop hating on him if his reviews actually did make sense.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Someone didn't know how to read? >.> Iunno.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Well the Wii lost some points for having bad sound from the controller. The higher Gamecube score could be from better sound, or something else like that.

Xavier

That sound was optional in the first place.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've always thought of Gamespot to be shitty. My opinion of them now is still the same.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Also, Gamespot is like the FoxNews of Videogame Media. Or would that be GamePro?
    I paid cash for a 6 month subscription to GamePro, and they kept sending me the magazine for the next 2 years.

Now if it was actually worth reading, that would have been a pretty good deal.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: So... what do we think of gamespot now?

admin: it's with my great displeasure that I had to remove this image & quote. Referenced Wii & GC review for Twilight Princess.

Wii: Gameplay 8
    Graphics 9
    Sound 7
    Value 9
    Tilt 10

GC: Gameplay 8
    Graphics 9
    Sound 8
    Value 9
    Tilt 10

I have something that may help you

Xavier

I'm pretty sure he was pointing out how in the Wii review he called the controls shitty next to a standard gamepad, and in the Gamecube review he called the Wii controls superior.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I'm pretty sure he was pointing out how in the Wii review he called the controls shitty next to a standard gamepad, and in the Gamecube review he called the Wii controls superior.
    Doesn't look like he's saying the Wii controls are better, just that the Wii version is better overall. But apparently not worthy of an extra point in gameplay/graphics where it was worthy of a negative point to sound.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I've always hated gamespot anyway..

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Doesn't look like he's saying the Wii controls are better, just that the Wii version is better overall. But apparently not worthy of an extra point in gameplay/graphics where it was worthy of a negative point to sound.
    And yet he's pretty clear which game controls better, and which game is a better buy if you have both consoles. That the Wii scores one lower in sound does not tally with him saying the Wii version is better, and that he gave equivalent scores across the board otherwise. Words do not match up with the numbers. That's the sign of a shitty reviewer.

I liked Gamespot until I saw this. I never quite realized how unreliable they really were.
    Also, Banana Blitz got an 8.3, and while I enjoy this game.. is a game that is primarily a party game really only .5 worse than the biggest Zelda adventure to date? I think not.
    It made me mad seeing this review too since it dropped TP so far down in gamerankings.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast