Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dusk gloves question(s)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Dusk gloves question(s)

a) how big is the difference between these and O.kote for a NIN while building TP? Just the DPS difference, let's ignore the haste effect on recast for this.

b) how much slower do they make you run?

Xavier

12% slower I believe for walking, and if we're talking about NQ, theres obviously a 15 atk difference per swing between Dusk and O. Kote.

You can't really ignore the haste on Dusk if you're talking about DPS though, since the haste will decrease the delay between attack rounds for you.

As far as the exact raw number difference between damage/tp build between O.kote and Dusk, idk.

Old Merits
    BG Level

yeah, I didn't mean ignore the haste altogether, lol, just the type of comment like 'it'll knock a second off ni.'

So 15 attack vs. 3% haste is what I'm getting at. I'm of the opinion that Haste isn't really the end-all, be-all stat that some people make it out to be for a number of reasons, as it can artificially inflate parsed numbers in some cases, and you really don't reap very much benefit damage-wise through small amounts of it.

Xavier

Unless the haste is enough to somehow give you enough extra attack rounds to counter the 15 atk during any standard fight, yeah, it won't matter.

The only thing you can possibly say is, and I know you didn't want this brought up, that having that extra second off your recast might keep you alive in a shitty party. And we all know you can't deal any dmg with 0 hp.

Old Merits
    BG Level

trufax.

I guess most people get the dusk for either the recast or because they're in the haste > all crowd.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Recently got my dusk, really I never noticed the 20 Attack from Okotes but thats just me while the Haste+3% isn't much, stacked its really nice especially for ninja.
    (that recast thingy too)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

hauby/okotes without bard, AF body/dusk with bard assuming 95%accuracy on both sets of equip.

that's what i've majority seen work, however, your mileage may vary depending on merits, mobs etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I tend to use o kotes for roaming parties, simply because if you are slow making it to the mob then you lose most of the haste benefits anyway.

(I tried gear swap but its irritating and for some reason you tend to have to stop still after the change to allow normal speed to kick in again).

In more useful advice... o kote and hauby when stuck without a bard and max haste when you have one.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    Recently got my dusk, really I never noticed the 20 Attack from Okotes but thats just me while the Haste+3% isn't much, stacked its really nice especially for ninja.
    (that recast thingy too)
    Agreed, Haste+% is more noticeable when it's stacked on. So it really comes down to what kind of setup you're using for NIN. If you're using a setup with a lot of haste+% modifiers I'd say go for the haste+3%. However, if you're using a setup with more attack+ then I'd go for the attack+. Really it all depends on what the rest of your equipment setup is.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deuciont
    Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    (that recast thingy too)
    Agreed, Haste+% is more noticeable when it's stacked on. So it really comes down to what kind of setup you're using for NIN. If you're using a setup with a lot of haste+% modifiers I'd say go for the haste+3%. However, if you're using a setup with more attack+ then I'd go for the attack+. Really it all depends on what the rest of your equipment setup is.
    this pretty much sums it up, going 1 and 1 isn't going to be too noticable, while doing afbod/dusk is going to be a lot more noticable. likewise, if you throw on byrnie/Bkote your 40 attk is going to make a noticable bump in your dmg per hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp
    I tend to use o kotes for roaming parties, simply because if you are slow making it to the mob then you lose most of the haste benefits anyway.

(I tried gear swap but its irritating and for some reason you tend to have to stop still after the change to allow normal speed to kick in again).
    I only use Dusk gloves when straight tanking or when the mobs come to me. Moving around in dusk gloves is an utter pain.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

for the most part i dont really have to move around that much in merit parties and dusk doesnt seem to bug me, but if im getting back into town i can tell when i still have the dusk equipped and quickly take them off.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

nq is 1.5 seconds off ni. 3% less delay on melee isn't only extra attack rounds for dot it's getting tp faster for WS also. I don't see any reason to not use dusk for dot. if you have a macro to buff your WS gear, change your hands and run in your WS gear. i put on nin. tekko+1 if i have to run and dusk for fighting.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Friend of mine tested Kote vs Dusk at North camp and Kotes came out slightly on top, however thats with his personal gear setup and it'll be different for every person. Your best bet is to test them out yourself.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What Palin said is what I've honestly noticed too, the total damage you get is gonna be slightly higher with the O kote from my experience, but I prefer to stick with the Dusk for the slight Utsusemi recast. In situations where I wouldn't be stuck having to recast Utsusemi alot (like in Dynamis), I would use the kote while tping, but in XP I stick with the Dusk fulltime during the day (Koga Tekko at night obviously).

I just sold my Kote though recently since I dropped leveling my SAM, and upgraded NIN Tekko for my daytime WS piece.

My standard haste is 20% Day/21% night if that matters at all in this argument.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Anyone have any opinion for war, dusk gloves vs. Ehands? Pry same, just minimal difference if any?

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Dusk Gloves for WAR hands down, in exp at least. Adaman own on HNMs though.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vannis
    Anyone have any opinion for war, dusk gloves vs. Ehands? Pry same, just minimal difference if any?
    Dusk Gloves for sure, even with offhand Joyeuse or Ridill WAR's delay is high compared to MNK (martial arts traits + BB for tons of haste in one slot) and NIN (2 more DW traits and a lower base delay from weapons), so every bit of haste does even more for them to improve their DPS.

WS in Hecatomb hands or Alky bracelets.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What about say Dusk Feet vs Unicorn Feet vs Fighters Feet for Mire/Thickets/Sky meripo?
    (for Warrior duh)

I'm pretty sure that would change from person to person as well, personally I don't like Unicorn as my HP often isn't full while on WAR. I usually sit in like 15xx HP total on WAR, so even when I'm in yellow HP it's still a lot of HP and often it's left uncured. It'd be way more beneficial overall for damage to wear Dusk Feet as horrible as they look with my gear, but I'm holding out in hopes of finding a HQ pair.

Generally I prefer Dusk Gloves as well for NIN melee, I like the 3% haste for attacks/Utsesumi over the 15 attack... I blink enough as it is in exp without macroing haste into Utsesumi as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast