+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Groovebox

I don't remember doing this at my private school....

Olde news but just unbelieveable -____________-

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061013/D8KO0RVO2.html

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That is just disgusting.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

LOL who cares about what happened recently. I love the cardboard box thing. :D

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So.. instead of having the kids pee/crap on theirselves and not only get them messy, but the floor and possibly others around them, the teacher gets in trouble for offering a receptacle? Thats pretty dumb.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Intelligence at it's finest:

Yandle said if the school had been on an actual lockdown and students needed to use the restroom, she would have encouraged them to think about something other than the bathroom.
    Because this is the way to solve problems; just don't think about them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

can somebody tell me what lockdown drill is?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This kid got pissed at a teacher and shit in a trash can during class. Was funny as hell.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by VZX
    A siren goes off, every classroom has to lock their doors, turn off the lights, close their blinds for windows (if any) and huddle in a corner/against a wall that is not easily seen through the door. This is to practice in case a loonatic with a gun or something comes into the school so that the kids are not harmed (although I think the gunwielding maniac isn't stupid enough to not know that people are actually in these rooms, even if the fucking lights aren't on)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Siegtaru
    A siren goes off, every classroom has to lock their doors, turn off the lights, close their blinds for windows (if any) and huddle in a corner/against a wall that is not easily seen through the door. This is to practice in case a loonatic with a gun or something comes into the school so that the kids are not harmed (although I think the gunwielding maniac isn't stupid enough to not know that people are actually in these rooms, even if the fucking lights aren't on)
    I thought it was for nuclear bomb threats. No one else had to curl up under their desks in gradeschool to practice this?

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    I thought it was for nuclear bomb threats. No one else had to curl up under their desks in gradeschool to practice this?
    its been proven that they cant get in the door even if they shoot the lock, unless its a wooden door but most doors are metal so yeah =D

its been proven that they cant get in the door even if they shoot the lock, unless its a wooden door but most doors are metal so yeah =D

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...ythbusters.jpg

myth busted

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagik
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    We have had to do things like this at my school, but when i was in elementary school(same private school, in 11th grade now) if you just jiggled the door handles they instantly became unlocked.

me and two friends put shit in the vending machine in high school, they got expelled lawlz

Groovebox

me and two friends put shit in the vending machine in high school, they got expelled lawlz
    Potential funny story, do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox
    Potential funny story, do tell.
    we watched people put their hands in the vending machine to get there food and BAM owned, the principal came over and flipped out, she was a 6 foot 7 black lady so it was scarey

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

There are usually "codewords" that are given to students to get into rooms after the drill is put into place. I remember my school's codeword was "wolf". The whole idea of a lockdown is just to comfort idiots who can't see past it's placebo effect.

The probability of the person being a student of the school who decides to commit mass crime is very high. Therefore, that student will be informed of such drills, and no he won't be fooled by the dark rooms in the middle of the day.

The truth is, they have you gather up in a corner of the room to facilitate the killers killing and the identification of bodies. Columbine was a mess for finding/identifying bodies so the lockdown was implemented to allow ease of the proper authorities after the fact.

gg, safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    There are usually "codewords" that are given to students to get into rooms after the drill is put into place. I remember my school's codeword was "wolf". The whole idea of a lockdown is just to comfort idiots who can't see past it's placebo effect.

The probability of the person being a student of the school who decides to commit mass crime is very high. Therefore, that student will be informed of such drills, and no he won't be fooled by the dark rooms in the middle of the day.

The truth is, they have you gather up in a corner of the room to facilitate the killers killing and the identification of bodies. Columbine was a mess for finding/identifying bodies so the lockdown was implemented to allow ease of the proper authorities after the fact.

gg, safety.
    I think the lights being off is more of a thing so if the killer is all "I'm so mad im gonna shoot you through a window" he cant see inside as well. Alot of schools have intercom systems so it would definatly be an effective way of stopping a killer from any extra casualties if he cant easily get inside rooms while the authorities are on their way.

Banned.

BG Level

The drill lasted less than 1 hour. They could have hold it in.

Ahhhh the wonderfulness of over protection.

This was the Rule at the high school i went to.

White - Medical
    Blue - Drug Search
    Red - Violence / break in.

White- everyone stays in there room if the passing bell rings and wait till they give the okay to move.

Blue - They lock the doors and close all windows. Not allowed to leave until they say you can. Your fucked if your in the halls at the time. I got a suspension for 3 days for being in the shitter at the time.

Red- Lock doors, block windows, turn of lights. Block the door/ windows with desks. Gather in corner of room. Not allowed to talk. If you must use the bathroom you must use a Garbage can. Can last hours. Our practice lasted 3 hours. If you are in the hallways or without a teacher you get suspension for 2 weeks.

Yea a whole lot of worrying for nothing, but god forbid one bitch mother says it isnt enough and they could of had more.

th school i went to didnt use codewords because, if there is a subsitute and they dont know, they could just ignore it and w/e, they just said it was easier to say lockdown is now in effect etc..

and if a door is locked and the lights are off, chances are the shooter (or who ever) isnt going to spend time trying to open the door and just look for people in the hallway to shoot (or unless he was looking for a specific person, then he woulda found out where he would be and go straight there) and if you were in the shitter, the y told us to stand on top of the toilet seat and lock the stall door (lol like that would help), but since the school didnt have windows for classrooms we just locked the steel doors and hid behind a corner or where they couldnt see and turned lights off.. >.>