Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vrtra Summon's Hate     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Vrtra Summon's Hate

We were having an argument in LS earlier, and for some reason Vrtra isn't up to go fight it ourselves, so here is the question I hope someone can give a reliable answer to. Are Vrtra's summon's hate lists linked downward, or simply inherited?

By 'inherited,' I mean spawned with Vrtra's hate list, but any further action taken against Vrtra or the summon has no effect on the hate list of the other.

By 'linked downward,' I mean that even after it's been summoned, actions against Vrtra affect the hate list of the summon against the player who acted.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

"inherited"

I've seen summons hit BLMs who were nuking them (the summons) and had zero hate on vrtra.

No no, that's not what I'm asking; what you describe would happen in both instances. Let's say a BLM did grab hate from a summon, if a PLD/WAR then vokes Vrtra after the BLM pulls hate, would the summon stay on that BLM, or return to the PLD, is the question I'm trying to ask.

It'll run off after the PLD from my observation.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

who for real cares? uve killed vrtra, right(k, kupo). nuke em out b4 u bother to care.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I believe how it works is the skeletons have two sets of hate persay. It has its own hate, and it has the hate linked to Vrtra. It goes after whichever hate is stronger. So if the PLDs have a lot of hate on Vrtra, even after t4 nukes it'll keep running for the PLD. However, after Roars/Deaths/whatever, when hate is usually very light, often time the Skeletons will turn towards you once you do one Thunder IV. So from my experiences it works that way, with the mob going after whatever has more hate, the action against it, or Vrtra's shared hate.

Edit:

who for real cares? uve killed vrtra, right(k, kupo). nuke em out b4 u bother to care.
    Suiram's trying to develop a new strat that'll decrease the amount of people needed for Vrtra and try something different, which might turn out better. Nothing wrong with looking for new information for new strats, if no one did we'd all still be using PLD/WAR AA rots and SC + MB on every HNM these days.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pimpp
    Spoken with all the grammar I've come to expect from bald Humes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Jesus. Go back to school please.

hEy guyZ ma sig sayz 'fuk u' I R kool. k

Blackice

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is only my own observation and far from certain, but I think they have their own hate lists once spawned - the plds have high hate on them once popped, but once that is overcome by someone else (for example a bard spamming lullaby, as happened in our last vrtra that I was present for), its like any other mob - it wont go back to the PLD unless the PLD's hate becomes higher again. Further actions from the PLDs on Vrtra post-summon dont seem to affect the summons hate, because once I had hate on those summons (and zepp aswell), they didnt go back to the tanks regardless of provokes. Unless our continual lullabies were outdoing the pld's vrtra hate, the vokes were not gaining hate on the summons.

Ofcourse if the new target loses hate through being hit or whatever, the PLDs are still going to be high on the priority list.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Bald hume hater...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Palin
    I believe how it works is the skeletons have two sets of hate persay. It has its own hate, and it has the hate linked to Vrtra. It goes after whichever hate is stronger. So if the PLDs have a lot of hate on Vrtra, even after t4 nukes it'll keep running for the PLD. However, after Roars/Deaths/whatever, when hate is usually very light, often time the Skeletons will turn towards you once you do one Thunder IV. So from my experiences it works that way, with the mob going after whatever has more hate, the action against it, or Vrtra's shared hate.

Edit:

Suiram's trying to develop a new strat that'll decrease the amount of people needed for Vrtra and try something different, which might turn out better. Nothing wrong with looking for new information for new strats, if no one did we'd all still be using PLD/WAR AA rots and SC + MB on every HNM these days.
    This is pretty accurate...
    The skeles /assist Vrtra at first but once they get to lower HP cause they got raped , they usually turn towards their attacker rather than assisting Vrtra

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

From my experience with Vrtra (kill bi-weekly), links will spawn with the same amount of hate as Vrtra has ie. kiting PLD. When a WAR provokes, or a BLM nukes T4 it causes a hate spike in Vrtra's smnd mob causing it to go after the WAR or BLM. The hate however rapidly deteriorates and once it goes below the set hate of Vrtra's attacker (PLD), it will ignore the WAR or BLM and go after the PLD again.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i can jus imagine vrtra's ls chat

<Vrtra> SUMMONING PEY {Warrior} /assist Vrtra ! ! !
    <Pey> right-o boss! here to serve!~
    *BLM casts Thunder 4 on Pey*
    <Pey> oh man this taru jus fkn nuked me, imma go solo that bugger
    <Vrtra> WTF I SAID /ASSIST ! IGNORE THE ADDS AND FOCUS ON THE FUCKING TANK
    <Pey> w/e d00d i got this
    *BLM casts Burst II on Pey*
    *Pey is defeated by BLM*
    <Vrtra> /facepalm

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by safer
    i can jus imagine vrtra's ls chat

<Vrtra> SUMMONING PEY {Warrior} /assist Vrtra ! ! !
    <Pey> right-o boss! here to serve!~
    *BLM casts Thunder 4 on Pey*
    <Pey> oh man this taru jus fkn nuked me, imma go solo that bugger
    <Vrtra> WTF I SAID /ASSIST ! IGNORE THE ADDS AND FOCUS ON THE FUCKING TANK
    <Pey> w/e d00d i got this
    *BLM casts Burst II on Pey*
    *Pey is defeated by BLM*
    <Vrtra> /facepalm
    lol

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character