+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Acne, etc     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I have to know, do any of you put anything on your face before you go to sleep or after you take a shower? Washing my face alone doesn't usually help me any because it will get really oily, like where my nose can't even hold up my glasses anymore. I'm using those Stridex face pads or whatever they are called, and it only helps a little bit and it gets to the point where it hurts to put it on.

And, I've stopped eating waffles and drinking more water within the past few days and I can already feel my face clearing up some. Even though stopping waffles cold turkey is pretty tough.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Quote Originally Posted by zakhiel
    Stuff.
    Amen to that. ^^ You should try drinking wheatgrass, I did everything you said, plus drinking the wheatgrass, and I pretty much have 0 zits on my face now... (and even if some break out, they are gone within a day or two because they're so small it doesn't even matter.)

Sure, it's hard to give up on all that food, but once you do you'll feel better too (I used to eat fast food like there was no tomorrow, and now that I stopped eatting it and dropped the extra pounds I had on me (before I started actually exercising mind you), I actually started feeling better because my stomach wasn't getting bloated every 2 seconds because of the goddamn intoxicating mcdonalds/whatever foods.

If it's getting better as you say, drink wheatgrass in the morning before you eat anything and you're fixed.

I took your advice and drank wheat grass. I almost puked

I took accutane for the alloted 5 month period, so I can testify for it.

It was quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever done. Yes, there's all that risk of depression and other side effects (I knew a girl that was on it and she had like one or two seizures, but she didn't live the, ahem, "purest" of lifestyles...), but the end result is truly amazing. I used to have scarring cystic acne and I mean BAD. It would hurt sooo much just to even touch the places, let alone wash them. My shaggy hair sort of covered it up until one day my family finally decided to get me to a dermatologist. His first suggestion was accutane, and by this point I was willing to try anything.

I will admit all the paperwork and waviers and risk forms you have to fill out are a little disconcerning, but it's worth it. You have to get your blood drawn every month to make sure your cholesterol doesn't spike, and that was personally the hardest part about it for me. I hate the idea of someone else being in my bloodstream. But other than that, the only problems I had were dryness. Your skin will dry up and your lips will get VERY dry. I went through like a stick of lip balm a month. You may sometimes get the occasional rash, just moisterize it and try and protect your skin from the sun. At first you will have some breakouts more frequently, but that's just the skin cleaning itself out so don't worry. It's a very dry itchy five months, but once you start to see the results you'll be amazed. Just hope that your insurance will cover it like mine did because otherwise it can get pretty pricey.

And that's about all I can say about that. I'm so glad I did it because my skin still looks great a year after stopping treatment. Go see your dermatologist as soon as you can and see what he can tell you. You'll be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by -Omni
    I took accutane for the alloted 5 month period, so I can testify for it.

It was quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever done. Yes, there's all that risk of depression and other side effects (I knew a girl that was on it and she had like one or two seizures, but she didn't live the, ahem, "purest" of lifestyles...), but the end result is truly amazing. I used to have scarring cystic acne and I mean BAD. It would hurt sooo much just to even touch the places, let alone wash them. My shaggy hair sort of covered it up until one day my family finally decided to get me to a dermatologist. His first suggestion was accutane, and by this point I was willing to try anything.

I will admit all the paperwork and waviers and risk forms you have to fill out are a little disconcerning, but it's worth it. You have to get your blood drawn every month to make sure your cholesterol doesn't spike, and that was personally the hardest part about it for me. I hate the idea of someone else being in my bloodstream. But other than that, the only problems I had were dryness. Your skin will dry up and your lips will get VERY dry. I went through like a stick of lip balm a month. You may sometimes get the occasional rash, just moisterize it and try and protect your skin from the sun. At first you will have some breakouts more frequently, but that's just the skin cleaning itself out so don't worry. It's a very dry itchy five months, but once you start to see the results you'll be amazed. Just hope that your insurance will cover it like mine did because otherwise it can get pretty pricey.

And that's about all I can say about that. I'm so glad I did it because my skin still looks great a year after stopping treatment. Go see your dermatologist as soon as you can and see what he can tell you. You'll be glad you did.
    same, same same
    I am still addicted to lip balm tho lol
    and i seriously got results in about a week, it was real fast for me, but i dont think ive had more than 1 small breakout in over... 2 years, my face is softer than a baby's butt now and the girls dig that shit

also, SUN IS A NONO
    if u take it and are very outdoorsy u will get majorrrr nose burns, like where it blisters

and i had to get my blood drawn 4 times a month because i already have some liver condition lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Slapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Quote Originally Posted by zakhiel
    Stuff.
    Amen to that. ^^ You should try drinking wheatgrass, I did everything you said, plus drinking the wheatgrass, and I pretty much have 0 zits on my face now... (and even if some break out, they are gone within a day or two because they're so small it doesn't even matter.)

Sure, it's hard to give up on all that food, but once you do you'll feel better too (I used to eat fast food like there was no tomorrow, and now that I stopped eatting it and dropped the extra pounds I had on me (before I started actually exercising mind you), I actually started feeling better because my stomach wasn't getting bloated every 2 seconds because of the goddamn intoxicating mcdonalds/whatever foods.

If it's getting better as you say, drink wheatgrass in the morning before you eat anything and you're fixed.

I took your advice and drank wheat grass. I almost puked
    I never said it tasted good lol... and I hope you only took the 1oz, because more makes me puke too.

It does make a difference though, and they do offer you an orange slice if you need it, just don't swallow it... suck and spit.

I can guarantee you that if you fix your diet up and drink that once a day your face will clean up... you'll practically have no more blackheads anymore, i've been taking it for 4 months now and my nose used to get filled with blackheads, to the point where you could literally see the nose getting black. Now my nose is clear, and I don't think i've broke out once on my nose ever since I started drinking it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4