The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Tax prep!

Since i was 18, i've always done my taxes myself, but it was really strait forward. No deductions, and type in my W-2 and go! Now, i have to report all my shit from my mortgage, property taxes, paid off some school loans, etc etc. Id rather just let someone else fool with this shit. Some of you will prolly say "well, do it yourself" and then derive into a lengthy explanation on how easy it is. I don't care, not an option. Who's the best company to have do your taxes...H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, someone else? Herp me!

My accountant cousin does it for my family, being a Jew ftw

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've had mediocre success with H&R block.
    One year it was great

Next year it was bad

All depends on the agent who does your taxes. Also if you do go that route, make sure you have them explain to you IN TAX LAW every deduction every line of it. If they can't then they're not reputable and its not someone you want when or if it comes to being audited.

You don't want to risk being audited and you dont want to risk having to provide for income that you're not quite sure of.

By paying on your mortgage you're already looking at good tax cuts and along with your student loans.

What I would reccomend, doing them yourself in a scratch type area and then going somewhere and comparing notes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I just use tax software. I don't remember which, but I think it's the only one that CompUSA sells. I own a house and have deductions and blah blah blah, it steps through all that crap and files it electronically. A week or so later and I have muh money. This is the reason why people like H&R Block are going broke. They get paid because normal people don't want to wade through the IRS' shitty forms. Tax software removes the stupid legal jargon and bizarre forms and asks questions even Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokel would understand.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Herp you?

I'm sorry but I dont have any venereal diseases.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads
    I just use tax software. I don't remember which, but I think it's the only one that CompUSA sells. I own a house and have deductions and blah blah blah, it steps through all that crap and files it electronically. A week or so later and I have muh money. This is the reason why people like H&R Block are going broke. They get paid because normal people don't want to wade through the IRS' shitty forms. Tax software removes the stupid legal jargon and bizarre forms and asks questions even Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokel would understand.
    Exactly

TaxCut Pro is where its at for federal and state, it did all my deductions last year and even I could understand it