Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CoP 6-4 advice     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP 6-4 advice

Since this is the noob forum, Ima be all noob...

My static just went 0/1(and a half. 4 blm mammets ftl) on this, and I'm looking for advice on how to tweak my setup to do better in this fight

Our setup is:

Nin/war (me). Blm/whm available
    War/nin. Pld/war available
    Sam/rng. Thf and war subs available
    Rng/nin.
    Cor/rng. Drg/war available
    Rdm/Whm.

We wiped to Omega hard because I was having real trouble keeping hate, and keeping shadows up. Took him to 40% with no pumps.

My gear setup looks like this

Main/sub: Sai. Staffs for casting debuffs.
    Ammo: Bailalthorn
    Body: SH
    Waist: Life Belt
    Neck: Chiv Chain
    Ear 1/2: Melody earrings
    Back: HB mantle
    legs: AF
    Feet: AF

I have 2 eva and 1 emn merit. I used dorado sushi for the emn boost.

Mammets were no problem, I popped a blind potion and used bat earrings.

Im wondering if blind pots and spinning the wheel is a better method of tanking Omega, and any gear changes I could make to make things easier. If I go the all out eva route I'll look at getting some emn or eva for neck and waist.

Cheers.

Tell your melee to stop taking hate. Slow and steady wins the race.

Edit: You also have perilously little healing in that setup. 1 rdm/whm? Get another mage in there.

Edit2: WTF, melody earrings without a bard?

Re: CoP 6-4 advice

Quote Originally Posted by ubermonkey
    Took him to 40% with no pumps.

Need Those...specially since you dont have a bard...do the quest if you dont have the money CCB is really helpful,if youve never used 1

Quote Originally Posted by aurik

Edit2: WTF, melody earrings without a bard?
    Cor rolls activate them.

We have 6 CCBs we just never used any.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

No matter how you slice it you've got a little to much mele. I would suggest going to the pld, but with just a rdm I don't think that would work.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Have your War change to PLD/WHM or something, not even joking. He can sorta backup tank and help cure. You have too many melees feeding it TP, especially if your COR is shooting, you should have him sub Whm. Don't use the elemental wheel more than you have to, it gets resisted a lot and gives 10 per nuke. Maybe have your SAM sub THF to TA Yuki on you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

be prepared to lose due to a lack of stona, it's not 100% but it's just something that would happen to frustrate you.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Tell your melee to stop taking hate. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Use one CCB at 40% and another when that one wears on omega.

Use the other three on ultima starting at 40-50%

Save your(ninja) tp for WS and more dmg.

You can use your 2hrs as you see fit but it is important to take omega down within the 2 CCB.

Ultima is easy as long as you CCB him when he starts spaming tp moves.

Eris earrings will help

Maybe cor/whm would help they shouldn't need to melee much with your setup.

I think any group that attempts 6-4 really should bring a WHM. Assuming you get past Omega, Ultima's chemical bomb is going to rape you without erase. I don't recall the exact figures, but my group's NIN described its effect as a combination of carnage elegy and the most potent Slow I he's ever seen.

I know the party you mentioned doesn't really have a WHM available, but its probably well worth your time to ask/borrow/beg one to help you through 2 runs if you're not having much luck.

Also CCBs are an absolute must. Both weapons start spamming moves like crazy at low HP and those pumps are going to be the only thing that will save you. It's reasonable to farm up a full set of six chips in an afternoon/evening with your group so don't be afraid to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Allundaria
    I don't recall the exact figures, but my group's NIN described its effect as a combination of carnage elegy and the most potent Slow I he's ever seen.
    That and Petrify will kick your arse. Remember leveling on Spiders, how annoying it is to erase slow then haste everyone again? Ultima does indeed put a potent slow and Carnage Elegy on you. Erase once, and you'll see the slow effect disappear. Erase again for Elegy. Then you start casting haste and he does the same thing over again.

Benefit of bringing a white mage is that not only can you get rid of the stupid status effects, but you can Flash while you're doing so to ease the detrimental effect this move has on recast timers.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

you can bind them if they start to kick your ass and you need some breathing room

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Reiterate the get the whm advice. Chemical bomb = 90 second Ni recast. Add petrification.... when we did it, our whm did not get a single chance to rest.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Our setup is:

Nin/war (me). Blm/whm available
    War/nin. Pld/war available
    Sam/rng. Thf and war subs available
    Rng/nin.
    Cor/rng. Drg/war available
    Rdm/Whm.
    Your problem is lack of pumps (slows down nasty attack spamming) and lack of status removing peeps.

This is one fight I would insist on taking a WHM to. You need erase and no one can sub it. You also need stona - same problem.

Chemical bomb gives slow and elegy... double slow on a NIN is insta death and they need to be erased.... not cast over.

NIN/WAR and WAR/NIN are good for this. RNG is awesome too. Any frontline melee should have /NIN though not WAR or THF to cut down on damage and blink status effects if they take hate. Your COR is nice but have them sub WHM.

You have one too many Melee in here at least. Your RDM/WHM is fine but can't possibly do everything needed in this fight.

Optimal setup I have found but certainly not the only way to do it is

NIN
    WAR
    BLM or RNG
    BRD
    RDM
    WHM

I'm not a believer in cookie cutter setups for most things but unless your guys can change some subs and farm some chips you're going to have a rough time with this.

Consider that standard attacks can petrify and paralyse and some stuff needs erasing, you really do need more shadows and better healing.

I took 10 yag drinks, several hi ethers (slow to use) to this fight as WHM. I didn't rest at all even with a RDM and BRD but then we never really ran out of MP. Basically in the last two sections of this fight (especially second) the WHM spams status removing stuff and the RDM has to be able to spam cures as well. BRD is very busy in this and needs a certain amount of independance.

Where you stand is important and where you die is moreso.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You need a WHM. A very good one. If you're lucky he'll be spamming paralyna on Omega, and Erase on Ultima. Stona two at least 2-3 times.

You need a wipe plan. You will wipe. You are almost supposed to. Everyone has RR and gets up and finishes. No time or mp for raises in this BC.

My static (won with Blm Blm, Rng, Sam, Pld, Whm) with a wipe plan. On our winning run we still wiped to both Ultima and Omega. Our PLD had an "i'm dead" macro he yelled and we went into zerg mode and wiped. - Bind, slam all your damage, die fast, and RR and rest up. Chances are you get up to a machine that's less than 10% you can zerg quickly once you come off weak and move on to the next. Rebuff while weak before you rest MP back to full as weakness is long enough to get full again after you buff. I saved bene for the moment we came off weak on the 2nd wipe to refill HP and save me the MP of the big curaga that I would have otherwise used.

Get thru mammets as fast as you can even if it's messy. If even one death on mammets it's a do over, leave and come back. Start CCb's at 60% on the machines if you're doing good or prepare to do over.

Everyone has their own RR and knows where to die. Everyone fill their inventory with meds. Mages use Mulsums Vile Elixirs (emergency) and yag drinks. If you insist on making your RDM main heal and forgo a WHM, under no circumstances will he have MP to manage a refresh cycle. Assloads of -emn on the main healer please.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

NIN
    3 good DD (RNG, WAR, MNK types always work for this)
    RDM
    WHM
    Is my fav for 6-4

Just remember CCB polymers stop TP but give them a boost to their attack speed, fortunately evasion works really well on both omega and ultima.....the only bad thing about omega is his lame counters sometimes when blinking him :D

My static had that fight down to a science. Went 1/1 with no major issues (only death was the RNG, and the BLM near the end on purpose), 30mins fight.

PLD/WAR
    RNG/NIN
    SAM/RNG
    RDM/WHM
    BLM/WHM
    BRD/WHM

You have the exact same setup available, except COR instead of BRD.
    Have meds, Yag Drinks and Hi Pots for all. RR and Icarus Wings for the melees (including the PLD, but he shouldnt need it unless he has no pots left)

For the Mammets, have the PLD aggro all of them with Ninja Roll (if it helps, not sure about its bonus) and wear Shield. He must walk to the corner and turn his face to the mammets, block will proc decently and will evade a lot of hits. Meanwhile, the RNG should pick one Mammet and gang on it with the SAM (have yellow liquids to lock them in spear or sword form). The PLD must not touch the mob at all, and the BLM and RDM should be on healing duty. It's rough at first, but once there is 2 mammets left, just go full attack and get rid of them. Save your meds, if you need to use any med but one or two yag drinks on this fight, might as well quit the fight
    Once you get to Omega, have everyone but the PLD run to the sides. Melees to the right, Mages and COR to the left. PLD runs to center, aggros and get WSed, run back to entrance of the battlefield and starts tanking. Both groups (mages and melees) should then get in line with Omega, closer to its front than to its rear. If Omega petrifies or stuns the PLD while he is not facing the mob, running back to entrance, switch to Earth Staff, but you really must tank it with shield whenever possible.
    SAM must not melee, just ranged all the time along with the RNG and run in for WS (or just Sidewinder too, if you're confident on your r. accuracy). Mages are still on healing duty, RDM must land Slow on it though, and the BLM will only get to nuke if the PLD is well on MP. V Cloak on the RDM should help too. I dont remember Omega's evasion being too high, but its WSs are deadly so COR might want to roll the MNK Roll (Subtle Blow+) for melees and possibly SAM roll (Store TP+) for more WS loving (that reminds me, our SAM only worn Hauby for the Mammets, after that he went with the lvl 50 SAM JSE Body). And as someone else said, the melees shouldnt go all out on damage at once. 45mins is plenty, be patient. I forgot on what % Omega starts go crazy and assrapes people, but when he gets there, have the PLD or the COR use a CCB. Start increasing the damage then, and keep your 2hrs on hold unless the fight already took too long (over 10minutes) or if the mages are running out of mp (and no convert) to keep the PLD up), then you should have, at most, one of the DDs using 2hr. Do not Manafont, Ultima is more MP heavy on the mages because of the whole status ailments issue, mages will be using a lot of -nas, that added up with the Cures should drain their mana and so, chances are Manafont will be required. Also, on Omega, the PLD might want to use a couple Hi Pots (preferably +3), the thing IS heavy on damage.
    Once done with Omega, position yourself the same way for Ultima and just fight similarly, shouldn't have major problems besides the status ailments, and if you saved your resources like you should have on Omega (2hrs, at least 3 CCBs, maybe 4), you should be able to defeat Ultima easily.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

NIN/WAR
    DD/NIN
    DD/NIN
    RDM/WHM
    BRD/WHM
    WHM/BLM

You need that much MP regen. MP is important.

Need erase, need stona.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And you will love Elegy too. BRD is godly for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin
    And you will love Elegy too. BRD is godly for this fight.
    Indeed, but he doesnt have a BRD so I would suggest Slow + Quick Draw to enhance it ;3

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

1/1 w/ this setup:

nin/war
    nin/war
    blm/whm
    whm/blm
    war/nin
    brd/whm

at mammets me (nin) get the 5 mammets and the other nin get one (blm > sword > polearm priority for pulls) while tanking 4 mammets i fight one, the whm should be close enough to the tank of the mammets just if blm pops for heal...

mammets was cake then omega... we shared hate (me and the nin) w/ elegy and hojo: ni it was easy to keep shadows (kurayami and jubaku was on too) only 2nd nin died but he got enough time to unweaken and rest to full before Ultima (we used 2 polymer for this oen)

now ultima... just like omega but more offensive, used 2hr... (war got killed after he did 2hr + 2 ws) used 2 or 3 polymer....

this battle is easy w/ 2 nins, a whm and a brd.