Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Can 2 Blms duo Ullikummi?

Voters
336. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

303 90.18%
  • No

33 9.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ullikummi Duoing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Kirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    They don't exist on the server atm! :D

Last skygods = 5x Byakko(we do every 2 weeks)
    Can I just cry a little bit? :cry:
    you may, kirst.

If you have a brain, it is impossible to die to Ulli as a BLM/RDM or BLM/WHM with a verm or black cloak. As people have said, its more about keeping claim which you just wont be able to do solo. Duo should be no issue at all. Banishga3 barely breaks a capped stoneskin, and pathing around the porter is aweful.

I have no doubt that BLM can solo Ulli, as I soloed a good 20% while my partner unweakened when I was duoing once before (but no competition at the time). It would be a slow process, you obviously cant high tier nuke, as you need to be recasting stoneskin during banishga 3 casting.

And Kris, I dont know what you are talking about, we do have a sky pact? Obviously not everyone is gonna stick to it, but things would be a lot worse without it..

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

if you keep running, he'll never hit you. he'll just ready his tp move whenever you get in range and you'll run out of range before it hits. banishga3 is a joke. ez

i'd have to say if two mage-jobs fail at duoing it (other than having it stolen,mpk,etc.) they should kill themselves. ;q

I was not there and have been too busy to reply to tells:

Here is what I got from talking to numerous people...

Kris was a solo BLM sitting in sky while DS had an XP party going on - they were not even there for Ulli. Ulli poped and all of a sudden another BLM pops outta nowhere(will not discuss how). The Party checked with me and others and we assumed Kris was there to kill it. Now, they let it go at first because our time to farm is Sunday's. Kris and this other BLM began to duo Ulli. IDK all of what happened to them but one BLM was dead and the other was nowhere to be found. The DS party did not go after Ulli right away. The party and others scanned sky and verified there were no LS's up at that time which were farming Sky. The XP party decided since no one eles appeared to show interest, they would kill it and continue with XPing.

This was around 2 AM EST, and with no real LS showing interest in farming the pops, there is nothing wrong with an XP party taking out a NM. A single person is not considered a LS, unless of course the rest of LS were farming other pops, which was not the case.

He wasn't stolen, but was taken when the other PT(Kris and another) wiped and appeared to be unable to kill.....regardless of it could be done or not, you were unable to. Hell they even waited a few minutes before deciding to just go for it.

DS was in the initial groups that created the sky pact, and we have stuck by it for this long, so please do not think we don't know what we are doing.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yes, it's easy. I did it with a rival LS mate while waiting on our PT that we formed arive. Another PT was there and getting ready to disband, so theyre was no argo danger, and this was before the RMT.

Just as long as youre good with gravity and bouncing hate, he's a pushover and can be killed in 5 minutes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

There was a JP blm that always soloed it on our server...problem is he couldn't do it if you were watching him, since his strat involved losing hate, and nuking it when it went yellow and otherwise kiting it..

RDM+BLM its really easy....

BLM + BLM would be slightly tougher but very doable..

Only problem nowadays would be a clean pull if competition with that small of a group..since he can technically pop anywhere

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the most part, Pandy is civilized in the sharing of sky and dynamis (to an extent). While there is no dynamis pact like there is with sky, the major dynamis LSs do have a public schedule that other LSs can see along with people who have friends in the various shells, and conflicts can be worked out before gathering time. So there generally isn't much rushing to claim a zone, or jacking people's dynamises. Of course, as with the sky pact, that doesn't stop certain smaller groups from attempting to run in and do their own thing. But overall, it isn't generally a recurring issue.

As for RMT, SE's done a good job eliminating them. Boyahda's always got a regiment of anon taru BLMs levelling, but they always seem to disappear not long after making it to sky.

As such, claiming isn't really an issue during an LS's recognized sky farming hours since most of the time those reservations are respected. In the case of the OP, an ulli outside of recognized sky hours is free game. If DS did as they say, and didn't blatantly steal from you while you were still actively fighting, then I see no problem with it. It was free game to begin with.

As to whether a BLM could solo, I can't answer that since I'm not a BLM. But I would imagine that it would be possible if you were able to get a tick of rest in without him catching you. It's nothing to do with "75 BLM; full merits(ice/thunder/elemental), 5/5 yigit, 5/5 af2, novio earring, the works", just a matter of... can you keep up the MP?

Given that Ulli isn't exactly an HNM, something tells me that if Kris the Super BLM can do it, a BLM with average gear could do it too, assuming both had the same solo sense about them. The latter just might take a bit longer.

EDIT:
    But something tells me this isn't really about whether a BLM can solo/duo ulli, but rather whether it was okay for DS to take ulli even though the remaining living BLM is capable of finishing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    As such, claiming isn't really an issue during an LS's recognized sky farming hours since most of the time those reservations are respected. In the case of the OP, an ulli outside of recognized sky hours is free game. If DS did as they say, and didn't blatantly steal from you while you were still actively fighting, then I see no problem with it. It was free game to begin with.
    The thing is they didn't say what day it was, just that it was 2 am. Newer LSs like Kris's get screwed into late-hours time slots in the sky pact. Some have to split their time over the course of a couple days. I know FBD starts on Mondays at 10pm after we finish, so farming at 2 a.m. isn't really a stretch. It sounds more to me like the DS party members wanted a Byakko set, and are using excuses like, "2 am", "can't kill it", and insinuating that the other BLM warp-hacked to get to Ulli to justify it. You gotta know that if the situation was reversed we'd be reading a 15-paragraph essay about "the sad state of the NA Pandemonium endgame community" by Alvehanna right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    The thing is they didn't say what day it was, just that it was 2 am. Newer LSs like Kris's get screwed into late-hours time slots in the sky pact. Some have to split their time over the course of a couple days. I know FBD starts on Mondays at 10pm after we finish, so farming at 2 a.m. isn't really a stretch. It sounds more to me like the DS party members wanted a Byakko set, and are using excuses like, "2 am", "can't kill it", and insinuating that the other BLM warp-hacked to get to Ulli to justify it. You gotta know that if the situation was reversed we'd be reading a 15-paragraph essay about "the sad state of the NA Pandemonium endgame community" by Alvehanna right now.
    Well, depends on the details of what really happened. All we have to go by at the moment is what Kris and Brezick have to say.

Like I hinted in the ninja edit at the end of my last post, I think the poll in this thread should be changed to "Was DS justified in taking Ulli?" Afterall, that's what this thread seems a veiled attempt to do.

Yes 92% [ 117 ]
    No 7% [ 10 ]

I'd say that's pretty conclusive.

I voted yes, based on the assumption that I'm not one of the blms.

Well, depends on the details of what really happened. All we have to go by at the moment is what Kris and Brezick have to say.

Like I hinted in the ninja edit at the end of my last post, I think the poll in this thread should be changed to "Was DS justified in taking Ulli?" Afterall, that's what this thread seems a veiled attempt to do.
    If it's your LS's time in the pact, you should be able to solo/duo/whatever on any job. If it goes white, or if you fuck up and wipe, you may have to worry about RMTs or JPs or the occasional rogue NA LS taking it, but you shouldn't have to worry about another NA LS in the sky pact taking it. That's what 'pact' means.

Again, there was no one actively farming sky. One person by himself. And the DS group that was there did not bother with Ulli until after the 2 BLM appeared to be unable to continue. One DC'ed for a good bit of time, and the other was dead. Not sure if had RR but I can ask. If their LS, or even a few more members of the LS were in sky, we would have done what has always been stated to do. Send a tell to the LS farming letting them know Ulli is up and hurry to get. I am not saying the BLM pos hacked, I was thinking more or less being dual boxxed. There use to be a JP BLM soloing Ulli all the time, so I have no question a BLM can do it.

They were not there for Ulli, but to XP, and just because most of the PT was DS, you can not put the entire LS on this front.

The point it, the DS party let him have it, he failed to kill it, appeared to have no clear way of recovering, so after contemplating it, and leaving Ulli yellow for a good bit of time, they took it, killed it and moved on.

BTW
    Alve is gone from FF, and I am handling things.

If it was FBD's time in the sky pact, then the PT wasn't 'letting them have it'. They were 'not stealing Ulli' up until the point where they stole it. Nobody is saying what day it was, so it's still unclear if it was FBD's farming time or if it was an open slot. If it was FBD's time just give them the stone. If it was an open time then who cares?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram

If it's your LS's time in the pact, you should be able to solo/duo/whatever on any job. If it goes white, or if you fuck up and wipe, you may have to worry about RMTs or JPs or the occasional rogue NA LS taking it, but you shouldn't have to worry about another NA LS in the sky pact taking it. That's what 'pact' means.
    Of course. But that's assuming it was an LS's farming time. As I said, it depends on the details of what really happened. All we have to go by at the moment is what Kris and Brezick have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by brezick
    BTW
    Alve is gone from FF, and I am handling things.
    Thankfully, your posts are only 1/8th the size.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's not as though people haven't looked into it either. We've had others watch FBD members farm. They've killed Ulli on Kupo's time, Impulses, and others. I'm sure the same rationale was applied, if people aren't there, then it's free to take.

I don't think anyone doubts that BLM can solo/duo Ulli, since it's been done plenty of times before.

As others who participate in the sky pact well know, there have been times before where lines were blurry, things were discussed, and stones were handed over. However, posting on BG seems to be a rather roundabout way to go about talking to a leader of DS to me >_>

Masterofshade

Cyanide was dead, and you were no where to be seen. We waited for you to come back... we even killed a statue after we knew u whiped. Ulli was nearly back to his room by the time we claimed.

And it was a monday.

You couldn't kill it (even though you claim to be able to).

So instead, you pop on here to make some lame BS, and threaten us over tells/chat.

If you can't kill something you seem to have claim to, why would we let you have it? It's ridiculous.

And also: Suiram, I've never really liked you, but I've respected you. Just be quiet. Khamsin, let's make babies.

Kris, you were 2 people, 1 who either logged back there or POSed, and then died, and 1 person who was no where to be seen for nearly 5 minutes. Tough luck, sorry, have fun with 4 byakkos instead of 5 this week.

Monday Night/Tuesday morning? or Sunday Night/Monday Morning? And for the record, I've never liked nor respected you. 8)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Kill in question would have been early Tuesday morning. We killed Ulli after an extended camp around 4:30am Monday morning with some competition.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    won't gravity start to resist on blm?

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia
    Kill in question would have been early Tuesday morning. We killed Ulli after an extended camp around 4:30am Monday morning with some competition.
    Oh, well that settles it. That's FBD's farming time in the Sky pact, which I know to be true because Kupo reached an agreement with them to leave sky at 10pm on Mondays so they could farm, much the same way you guys made an arrangement with Deskjet for Sundays in the past. So I imagine we'll soon be reading the happy conclusion to this story whereby you guys return the Ulli stone to its rightful owner? :D