I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's that time of year again; ah yes, weight loss.

Yup, the big feast holidays have come and gone, and everyone comes out with some extra baggage to take home, but how do you get rid of it?

I could use some pounds, but all these different ways of doing all seem dumb. Heres the big thing, I want to be able to lose weight WITHOUT sacrificing my food. I love food, and not being able to eat would suck, id rather weigh 400+lbs than to give up food. Not working at my physical job anymore, and not playing any more sports doesnt help, and being a computer guy only means it'll get worse.

I dont really eat that bad anyway; Cereal in the mornings, usually a sandwich, a small snack and an apple or grapes if I remember for lunch, and a full course mean for dinner including veggies and fruits. I rarely ever buy fast food, maybe once a month, so really im eating somewhat healthy. Ive heard people talk about the 5 small meals a day thing, but that could never work in to my schedule.

So I would never consider dieting a solution for me, and im sure a lot of others dont like the idea. So if you cant diet, then what? What are some things that have worked for you, or some of the ways other people have told you to lose your own?

Running a lot? Exersising? What kind, how much, etc? I was thinking about joining the Marines just for their boot camp >.> That would kick ass.

Re: It's that time of year again; ah yes, weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Yup, the big feast holidays have come and gone, and everyone comes out with some extra baggage to take home, but how do you get rid of it?

I could use some pounds, but all these different ways of doing all seem dumb. Heres the big thing, I want to be able to lose weight WITHOUT sacrificing my food. I love food, and not being able to eat would suck, id rather weigh 400+lbs than to give up food. Not working at my physical job anymore, and not playing any more sports doesnt help, and being a computer guy only means it'll get worse.

I dont really eat that bad anyway; Cereal in the mornings, usually a sandwich, a small snack and an apple or grapes if I remember for lunch, and a full course mean for dinner including veggies and fruits. I rarely ever buy fast food, maybe once a month, so really im eating somewhat healthy. Ive heard people talk about the 5 small meals a day thing, but that could never work in to my schedule.

So I would never consider dieting a solution for me, and im sure a lot of others dont like the idea. So if you cant diet, then what? What are some things that have worked for you, or some of the ways other people have told you to lose your own?

Running a lot? Exersising? What kind, how much, etc? I was thinking about joining the Marines just for their boot camp >.> That would kick ass.
    As far as eating goes, I really havn't eaten a full meal in a long time. I've been that way since college. I just got into the habit of snacking throughout the day from when i wake up until I go to bed. I try and not eat anything after 6:30/7:00PM. When i try and eat a full meal now, I get really bad stomach cramps from eating more then I'm used to.

As far as exercise, I run/walk on a daily basis and since I snowboard I can work off the extra holiday lbs during the winter. I'm def. not as active as i was in college(wrestling, ultimate frisbee, etc), but whenever I get the chance to get out and move around a bit, I def. don't pass that chance up even for only a 1/2 hour.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

eat nothing white or yellow or orange for 1month

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

get into boxing, and run once a day, everyday. You'll look good, feel good, and look good.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

eat all you want, and then find a fun exercise you don't mind doing so you can burn off the calories. If y ou burn more calories than you eat, then you'll lose weight (duh!). Running is probably the best, but running is fucking boring. You just have to find something that's fun for you...alot of people like to take gym classes, since you're doing it with other people, and the instructor helps you stay on task and not give up early. Plus there are classes for EVERYthing.

Don't join the marines for boot camp, there is this program called boot camp. I'm not sure if it's only available in California, but I went to my aunt's session one week and they fucking...wow. It's crazy how hard they work you, but they make you do it, and everyone there looked really great. I'll try to find out more info for you if ya want.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I actually did a google search on boot camp and I saw that Lbelle, it sounded pretty interesting, but it looked like it was only for kids or something, if I remember, this was awhile ago. But yeah, I wouldnt mind seeing what kind of regiment they go through. Thanks.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

No problem~ The one I saw there weren't any kids, so just keep looking. I'll ask my aunt when she gets on the computer later and send you a PM with what she says, so just keep your eyes out.

edit: Also, try the atkins diet. My dad did that, and really kept to it and lost a TON of weight really fast. It's not healthy for you at all, and when I was testing it out I had some serious health problems...but you do lose the weight if you strictly stay on it. However once you go off it you do gain all the weight back fairly quickly (My dad lost a lot of weight before xmas time, went off it, and is now already back to his old weight).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It also depends on your metabolism. Kaige & me lived together for 4 years. I ate whatever I want and was semi active and stayed the same weight. He did the same thing and gained it. He insists that when he wants to lose weight he has to eat a certain way (5 meals a day, no red meat, low on carbs) and spend 3 hours at the gym. It works for him, I've seen it. If I want to lose weight I can still eat what I want (I tend to modify my diet to lose it faster, but I don't have to) and just bring my heart rate up a couple times a week. You also have to REALLY want it. I know I'm not perfect and get an itch to change that, but I'm pretty content with the way I look so I usually end up "falling off the wagon" before too long.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

MY stomach is like this big: |-------------------|

I can never eat enough food to gain weight. ;/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    MY stomach is like this big: |-------------------|

I can never eat enough food to gain weight. ;/
    I use to say that, then i packed on 30 lbs last year some how. Still not sure where it went on me thou.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

bike riding does more than most people think.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Swimming too.

honestly your diet sounds great. biggest thing is not skipping breakfast. Then there are all the little things you can do. Like park in the back of the parking lot, instead of sitting on your computer chair get one of those exercise balls to balance on instead. instead of elevators take the stairs. Also helps if you have someone else to work out with that way you motivate each other to keep working out.
    As for the eating constantly thing sure it works for some because it increases your metabolism to some extent but not realistic for most. Oh yea try to avoid meals right before bed, because if your still full in the morning then you've had too much to eat the night before.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelita
    Swimming too.
    Yah def swimming. Best evar.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I actually lost weight during the holiday season o.o

I already started my new year resolution before the new year even hit

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

the 5-6 meals a day isnt hard at all, just gotta get into a routine of it. i got a personal trainer at my gym and she told me to eat every 3 hours. some carb and some protein and in between drink water til ur stomach feels like itll explode. in the morning i eat healthy cereal w/ skim milk or a very low fat granola bar and a small bag of unsalted pretzels in the morning. my first break is 3.5hours later and i eat a sandwich usually lean ham on wheat w/ light miracle whip(light miracle whip isnt bad for u at all... only 1 serving though) and then maybe 2 flavored rice cakes. 2 hour later i have a break so ill have a cup of /light/ yogurt. 2hours later im home but i wait a bit b4 i eat and ill have a smaller snack.. like an apple, carrots, something like that. ill make a decent dinner, then right b4 bed ill eat 2-3 spoons on light yogurt to help burn cals while i sleep(normally u shouldnt eat 3 hours b4 bed but a small ammount of light yogurt is great to
    continue to burn). my metabolism was so extremely terrible but this has helped it tremedously. at first it was tough but once u get used to it, its not bad at all and u wont be too hungry. my biggest fear was that i would be hungry but if u drink a lot of water(good for u, duh) and keep busy, ull be fine.

^ lol, wall o text

for exercise, i really do suggest joining a gym and gettin a personal trainer for about 1 a week for the shortest contract(like 3 months). ull teach u everything u need to know and then as long as u remember it, u can do it on ur own.

go to the gym at least 3 times a week or ull never see a difference. i go to the gym directly from work bc i know if i chill at home ill never get up again. i do 2 small sections of weight training a day and then 30-45 minutes on the "fat burn" cycle on the tredmill or eliptical(sp?) machine. fat burn is a little slower than normal but it burns all fat and no muscle... and it makes it easier to go the distance. the 2 small sections(trainer will help u out w/ which to do together) should be 3 sets of 12-15reps. lower weight and higher reps for meta toning and wiegh lose. higher weight and maybe 4-6reps a set for major muscle build(but that isnt perm). on ur last rep of 12, the weight should be enough to where u cant do a 13th. total time is about 1.5hours from home to gym, work out, and home again.

i cant tell u how much better i feel already. ive only lost about 17lbs(286 down to 269 lewlz) but i can already see some tone coming in and thats gives u so much motivation its crazy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh yeah, WATER!! Drink TONS of WATER!!!

Warm water doesn't bother me anymore so I have a huge cup on my desk that I fill about 6-7 times a day. That's definitely more than 64 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelita
    Swimming too.
    Yah def swimming. Best evar.
    If you can get into swimming by all means do it!

I used to swim 2 miles a day, then I broke my right hand and couldn't do it. I gained like 20 lbs over the last half year, I am 6'6" so you can't really notice all that much. I am just now getting back in to swimming.

The night thing about swimming is no restistance and it is all mental, well for me. There are certain points where you body can't go on but a lot when swim you feel like you can't go anymore yet you can always push yourself that much more.

If you compliment running with swimming you will easily lose weight and still be able to eat what you normally do. Usually after you see the results of your exercise you will tone down on what you are eating that isn't so healthy and find a healthy alternative.

If you are in college or something, take a swimming class. They will teach you the proper way to swim and that helps you out soooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrena
    Oh yeah, WATER!! Drink TONS of WATER!!!

Warm water doesn't bother me anymore so I have a huge cup on my desk that I fill about 6-7 times a day. That's definitely more than 64 oz.
    Drinking water does help but after a while you will develop a water gut, I used to drink 1 - 2 gallons a day, if you don't mind the little pudge in your belly because of the water you drink, then by all means go for it.

Eat nothing but brown rice, job done

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There's only so much you can do with Swimming unless it's indoors (since in most places its actually raining/at least cold .... screw you California;.

But yeah, i'm usually pretty fit but a few months ago I was kind of slacking and ate a ton of junk food for lunch (especially quiznos... fucking sandwiches make you fat in a week), and as a result I was about 15-20 pounds over what I got used to all these years... running once a day and actually going back to eating normally (and normal as in, the food I always ate -- just not the damn junk food from all those fast food restaurants), and I got it all down in about 2 weeks..

But yeah, swimming and bike riding are probably the best things you CAN do, but unless it's indoors you're screwed until April-ish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast