BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had a dream...

Last night I had a dream that Square decided that they wanted people to merit in non-ToAU zones, and their solution was to allow people to buy Dynamis Currency with Conquest points. You had to be Rank 10, and you could only buy currency from your home nation. Needless to say, Bastok was even more screwed than usual...

It was a wonderful dream, I figured that the world would be a better place if I shared it.

That's actually a pretty awesome idea imo.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Needless to say, Bastok was even more screwed than usual...
    Pfft, Bastok would rule if this happened. How many people from Bastok have 100,000+ Conquest points because they could never spend them? LOTS!

Unless, of course, your nation has to be in first to make a purchase. If that happens people will care about conquest and Bastok (often in 1st or second now on Unicorn) will immideately revert to Lastok.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think that people would still merit in ToAU more than they did Zilart/CoP. Not only is EXP significantly faster overall, but the market would flood with currency moreso than it already is and render it nearly useless. On the other side of that, a greater desire to upgrade relic would arise to balance the deflation -somewhat.-

As you mentioned, Bastok is pretty screwed. Perhaps you've neglected to let us know that the Galkas were whoring themselves to get through the poverty they were facing?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

how will we do ISNM if we dont EXP in ToA area?

a little off topic but funny mlk day coming next Monday so the title "I had a dream" is kinda amusing

on the other hand about the dream, wow ....

I think this is an absolutely amazing idea and could definately work. Only bad thing that I could see coming of it is that RMT (the masses of them) would ruin the system.

Pros
    People would lvl in Non-ToAU zones because not everyone cares about how fast they make exp. Making 20k/hr is nice but im almost always capped on exp and only meritting anyway and when i go to merit its usually just for fun these days.

More coins in circulation. I thought there was a shortage of coins for the most part? Someone above stated that there is too many coins in circulation? Not from what I have seen. More coins would mean more people upgrading which is good i guess.

Cons
    RMT using the system to benefit them?
    Too many relics?

Hell of a dream. I like it.

Can never have too many relics!

Does anyone know if RMTs use signet/sanction?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think so, the last major wave of them were all out of Lastok..

Lastok owned for like 6 weeks straight.

Edit: they use XP rings so kind have to have points for that...

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    How many people from Bastok have 100,000+ Conquest points because they could never spend them? LOTS!
    250k here :O

This would be awesome.

Don' get shot Sep.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

there's place's to merit outside ToAU? been so long... guess I repressed those memories >.<;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bastok used to be Lastok, but now it seem's they have first place more than anyone else on Midgard...

San d'Oria (my country) now seems to be last place most often these days.

Pretty good idea though, but I think RMT would be all over it though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good point about the RMT. I guess the one way to keep them from exploiting it would be to make a requirement Rank 10 in all three nations. That would delay the RMT enough where they would eventually get ban-hammered...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: I had a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Last night I had a dream that Square decided that they wanted people to merit in non-ToAU zones, and their solution was to allow people to buy Dynamis Currency with Conquest points. You had to be Rank 10, and you could only buy currency from your home nation. Needless to say, Bastok was even more screwed than usual...

It was a wonderful dream, I figured that the world would be a better place if I shared it.
    That would rock because Bynes are all I need left, lol.

Well, if enough people show interested, then SE will add it.

Like PUP! Right....right..come on guys right..!!!!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good point about the RMT. I guess the one way to keep them from exploiting it would be to make a requirement Rank 10 in all three nations. That would delay the RMT enough where they would eventually get ban-hammered...
    All 3 nations NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I actually want to see the other nations storylines, but I picked Bastok at the start, and now I have every outpost warp and there's no way I'm losing them. Especiall my Sandy/Windurst ones. :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    All 3 nations NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I actually want to see the other nations storylines, but I picked Bastok at the start, and now I have every outpost warp and there's no way I'm losing them. Especiall my Sandy/Windurst ones. :D
    Suck it up. I collected outposts 4 times now. I do need to convince people to help plan a Bastokian coup d'etat of Ronfaure and Sarutabaruta to complete my outposts...

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This idea is made of win and awesome. Mostly because I'm already Rank 10 in all three nations, with some 100k+ Conquest Points in each.