+ Reply to Thread
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

INTERVIEWS FOR GEEK MAGAZINE REGARDING THE SHOW: HEROES

Alright here’s a write up of the questions that I’ll be asking to my interviewees. If you want to be featured in the magazine article, please answer every question thoughtfully and truthfully. I’m looking for real answers that other people can possibly relate to. If you only put one word answers to questions, then I doubt I’ll use you in the article, but if you can think of something interesting, then there’s a much better chance. Also, please limit your response to 1-2 sentences if possible. If you simply can’t do that for certain questions, it’s perfectly fine.

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING WHEN RESPONDING:

- REAL FIRST NAME
    - LOCATION (I don’t need your address or anything, but if you’re from Maryland say that, or if you’re from Sweden say that )
    - IF YOU'RE IN COLLEGE, NAME THE COLLEGE
    - HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HOOKED ON THE SHOW?
    - WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE HERO?
    - WHO IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HERO?

WHEN ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE WRITE YOUR ANSWER UNDER THE QUESTION, AND LEAVE THE QUESTIONS THERE. DON’T DELETE THE QUESTIONS WHEN ANSWERING PLEASE!!!

These are preliminary questions to see how many responses I get. If I think up new questions I'll add them. If YOU think up a question that YOU would love to see in the article, PLEASE PM ME WITH IT SO I CAN ADD IT TO THE LIST!!!!!!! It doesn't matter if you love the show, or hate the show; I’m looking for a variety of answers from many different types of people. Thanks!

Questions in no particular order:

Do you actually like the show? (Please explain your answer thoroughly whether it be yes or no)

How would you describe the people that watch Heroes?

Is there anything you would change about the show if you could?

You’ve already listed you favorite and least favorite Heroes…why did you choose those two? What have they got that the others haven’t?

Where do you usually watch the show? Do you watch it with friends?

What are your favorite/least favorite things about the show? (Two parts, answer both. Can be as long as you want)

How much time do you spend going over little details in the show (such as finding all the little markings on the characters)?

What do you think of Heroes popularity? It recently won a People’s Choice Award, and has some of the highest ratings in the fall.

Are you going to be watching the second half of the season that starts Jan. 22nd?

What do you think is going to happen to the characters? Any predictions for the upcoming episodes?

What is the most important thing to you when you’re watching Heroes? Least important?

Did you have another T.V. show you watched on Mondays that you’ve given up watching to dedicate to Heroes?

Do you read comic books? If so, do you find any similarities between the characters in the show, and characters from those comic books?

How do the characters appeal to a common college audience? Why are some Heroes (such as Hiro) much more popular than other Heroes (such as Nikki)?

Which characters do you think are good, or evil? Why?

Do you GEEK out about the show? If so, in what ways?

*** FUN QUESTIONS!!!!! *** These can be as short or as long as you want them to be, just try to make them interesting and entertaining!

If you could have a special power, what would it be and why?

Would you use this power for good or for evil?

Would you try to keep your power a secret?

~Add anything else in this section you can think of. Anything at all about the kind of Superhero you would be. Would you wear a costume, would you want all the hot chicks, would you want to kill everyone? Would you want to dominate the world? Why? Just try to fill out this part and make it funny and entertaining!

Please just write your responses to this post right here. No need to PM them to me! Just PM me any questions you would like to add to this survey. Thanks for your time!! Also, please visit http://geekmonthly.com/ if you wanna see what the mag is all about.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: INTERVIEWS FOR GEEK MAGAZINE REGARDING THE SHOW: HEROES

I guess I'll go first....

- REAL FIRST NAME

Laura

Mexico City

Universidad Iberoamericana

Since it premiered

Niki Sanders

Nathan Petrelli

Do you actually like the show? (Please explain your answer thoroughly whether it be yes or no)

I think the show brings on an entire new concept. Although it plays by the same formulas as Smallville for example, I believe Heroes offers an entirely different view on what Superheroes are. I think it's interesting how none of them is indestructible, even Claire. Enough damage and she'll die. It is also interesting how in this beginning of the series, they all are trying to search for their purpose and how they are coming together to what seems more than just a coincidence. I love the show because it's fresh and original, at least for me, since I've never watched one like it before. I specially like the relationship with the comic book.

How would I describe the people who watch Heroes... I suppose I could say that possibly they are people who enjoy science fiction and fantasy. I suppose it could be said that it's people who like the idea of someone making a difference.

I like the show just the way it is. If anything, I'd change the fact that the episodes are just not coming out fast enough to keep up with my craving for more Heroes!

You’ve already listed you favorite and least favorite Heroes…why did you choose those two? What have they got that the others haven’t?

In the case of Niki Sanders, I like her story because so far she seems to be the one with the most mysterious power. Everyone else has shown some kind of supernatural ability, while Niki so far, although showing amazing strength, we've only seen what could be interpreted as a split personality.

As for Nathan Petrelli, treating his brother like he does for the sake of his campaign awakens rage within me, and it looks like he already knew about his power much before Peter even suspected something. Yet he didn't want to embrace it. Why?

I watch it with my brother

What are your favorite/least favorite things about the show? (Two parts, answer both. Can be as long as you want)

As I've already mentioned, my favorite part of the show is the comic relationship. Not only does it have a comic book feel to it's format, but the connection between Isaac's drawings and how the story is developed works great for me. Specially in little details like when Micah shows his father his comic books and you can see in one of them, the one drawn by Isaac, a horrid beast with claws which interestingly enough, has long blonde hair.

How much time do you spend going over little details in the show (such as finding all the little markings on the characters)?

Plenty. Like the comic book detail. I'm always on the lookout for links between stories and things unsaid. I believe these little details have a reason to be.

What do you think of Heroes popularity? It recently won a People’s Choice Award, and has some of the highest ratings in the fall.

I'm not amazed at all. It is indeed a very good show in my opinion. And I recommend it to everyone who likes a little fantasy.

Are you going to be watching the second half of the season that starts Jan. 22nd?

Definitely, I simply cannot wait for it.

What do you think is going to happen to the characters? Any predictions for the upcoming episodes?

The last episode aired left me with a big hole of uncertainty, I can't say what is going to happen, but I'm sure it'll be even more interesting than it has been so far.

What is the most important thing to you when you’re watching Heroes?
    Least important?

Dialogues and details. Since English is not my first language, I miss somethings because of the accent. So I pay really close attention to that. After, when I watch them again I am on the lookout for details.

Did you have another T.V. show you watched on Mondays that you’ve given up watching to dedicate to Heroes?

None.

Do you read comic books? If so, do you find any similarities between the characters in the show, and characters from those comic books?

I don't read comic books.

How do the characters appeal to a common college audience? Why are some Heroes (such as Hiro) much more popular than other Heroes (such as Nikki)?

Everyone is different, I couldn't say why some prefer certain heroes over others. But, perhaps it because some people think one power is better than another? Not to mention Hiro is hilarious.

At first, I would've though Mr. Bennet was evil. However, they haven't done anything really bad to the heroes they've "taken". Nathan Petrelli also exhibits a behavior that could lead to believe he is evil yet he has done nothing wrong other than worrying about his political career.

The only character I see with true evil intentions so far is Sylar.

As for good characters, I think the rest of the heroes all are good. Even if some can't control their powerful side like Niki.

Does this mean that I defend it when people bash it? If so, then yes.

*** FUN QUESTIONS!!!!! *** These can be as short or as long as you want them to be, just try to make them interesting and entertaining!

All powers combined, like Sylar! Except without the creepy brain taking part... Because then I wouldn't have to want another power. Yep.

Both, depending on my mood. No, kidding, in reality I would probably use it whenever it was needed for good and others for my own amusement without hurting anyone.

I'd only tell people who I knew I could trust. Though the perks it offers would be great. I mean, seriously, which country wouldn't like a superhero to solve all their problems, right? I guess I'd benefit from it without abusing it. Costume? Why? Dress in style and be a fashionable superhero. I bet all the designers would just die to dress me. Laura's line of bags, by Coach.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

So much work... (Placeholder... I'll do the work because you're kewl)

- REAL FIRST NAME

Noah

Just turned 18 exactly 7 days ago

- LOCATION (I don’t need your address or anything, but if you’re from Maryland say that, or if you’re from Sweden say that )

From New Jersey/NYC/New Fairfield, CT/Now Tulsa, Oklahoma

The University of Tulsa

2-3 months now.

Hiro Nakamura(?), fo sho cuh.

Claire runs a close second only because I really love her peaches, wanna shake her tree.

Nikki, she's too damn confusing/undeveloped (that is in a character development sense, not her body which is quite the opposite ;o)

Yes, it's extremely interesting. I've always been privy to mutant/super power oriented shows. I guess the most logical way to explain it is because I like the idea of being super powerful lol, or being different in a superior sense from everybody else.

I think the same audience who enjoys/watches Heroes are the people who enjoy X-Men and/or Superman and/or Spiderman type stuff (i.e. Superman Movies, TV Shows, Smallville etc.) That being said, I think the audience base is very large and diverse; afterall who doesn't like X-Men and/or Superman and/or Spiderman?

More Hirokun, less Nikki. I'd make it longer too one hour is never enough it seems, hehe.

Wowa, it's weird that this question specifies picking two heroes, when the question seems to ask for one. Mind read me you did, yes? (wtf I don't usually imitate Yoda..)
    Anywho, Claire has a young age and lifestyle, in High School as opposed to the other Heroes who are all adults. Perhaps I draw a parallel to myself in Claire, but really I think she's just the cutest of all the Heroes.

Hirokun is unique in that he has what I believe to be the greatest power and one I've always been interested in. His allusions to RPG and DBZ also stir me up because I love both of those (yes I like DBZ - -').

Alone in my room

Favorite are the use of the powers, like I said super powers just really get me going and I love watching stuff with them. Least favorite thing about the show is the brevity of each Heroe's storyline per episode, and sometimes the absense altogether of a Heroe's storyline (i.e. The Cop's.)

None if you mean by rewatching the episode. I do participate and read 2 forums which discuss the details after/during the show, though. So if you consider that, maybe 1 hour a week.

It's well deserved, the show captures the interest of a large audience as I speculated above and it's only fitting that they'd be awarded for that.

Yes... Yes...YES!

Something big is going to happen with Peter, because I view him as the main "Hero". Although I do suspect big things for the Cop and Nikki as well because their storylines are relatively underdeveloped.

What is the most important thing to you when you’re watching Heroes? Least important?

Catching all the dialogue is most important.
    Least important would have to be, hmm... I can't think of an answer to that question, maybe catching every little detail?

No, I'm not a very avid TV watcher.

Nope, I don't read comic books, sorry.

Hiro is freakin badass for all the nerds who play JP video games or are Otakus, not necessarily a college audience. I don't consider any Heroes really "popular" with a college audience.

Nathan, evil. He has the whole, anti-christ image going for him. Somebody who appears good at first but slowly lets his bad traits hit open air over time, until they're full blown.

Sylar is obviously evil...

Indian guy (forgot his name) is obviously good...

Peter is obviously good... unless through some circumstance whereby he has to sacrifice his morals for the greater good...

Claire is obviously good...

Hiro better stay good, he's so happy go lucky, I see no reason for his to convert to the Dark Side...

I think all the other Heroes so far are good though, but the majority of them haven't really been presented with situations wherein they could choose to use their powers for good or evil. Save the Cop, Sylar, Peter and Nathan.

No, I am by no means a Geek nor do I "geek" about a show ;p

The power of a super developed brain, kinda like Jean of the X-Men. Wherein I could read thoughts, move things with my mind. I would want this power basically because it can simulate almost any other power.

I'd probably do alot of evil things with it until I got bored, then I'd reserve it for necessary situations mostly to protect those who I viewed as needing protections, so for good... eventually haha.

I'd probably assume an alias asap. Nothing drastic though, with my Telepathy/Telekinesis I could easily just change clothes in a bathroom somewhere, I dunno.

Banned.

BG Level

Adam, 17, California. Hooked since episode one. Favorite hero is the hatian guy. Least favorite is nikki.

Yeah. It really is fun to watch, and the slow progression makes it much more involving. It mixes comedy and action in a nerdy sort of way.

Fantastic?

Make sylar learn how to shapeshift so he can turn into a monkey or something

The hatian guy is mysterious, and it seems like he's really really important. Nikki's inner demon battle or whatever doesn't really fit into a nerdy tv show.

Depends on where I am. Usually watch it with my family here, sometimes I end up tivo'ing it though.

Favorite part is the story progression, it seems sort of realtime, but not to an overemphasized state like 24 (Not saying i dont like 24, i just dont think that would work for the show)

Not too much time.

I think it proves that a lot more people are nerdy deep down then you'd think.
    Heckyes, im on the list
    I think peter is gonna blow up and sylar is gonna turn into a monkey.

Most important is that nobody bothers me, missing a couple seconds can throw you wayyyyyyyyyy off sometimes. Least important is probably commercials?

Not really
    Don't read comic books

Hiro is nerdy, Nikki is dramaful. Daytime drama has no place on a show about superheropeople unless it's part of the main plot, and this seems to be more of a sidestory that nobody really wants to follow.

Sylar evil, cause he kills people. Hiro/Peter/The druggie/claire good cause like, they dont kill people. D.L. good, Nikki good, little kid good, Jessica evil.

Yeah, i post stuff about it on forums and do geek magazine interviews about it.

The power to uh, have all the powers, and i want to be a transformer

Little of both i guess

Well, i have the power to have all the powers, so id just erase their memories

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING WHEN RESPONDING:

- REAL FIRST NAME
    Wafik
    Australia
    nop
    From episode one. It in fact doesn't start Airing here in australia till later, NBC.com blocked australian IP adresses, so I ended up downloading all the episodes using torrents.
    Like 95% of other people will say, Hiro!
    - WHO IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HERO? [/b]
    Nikki's husband, so boring. "Hay guyz I can walk through walls and be useless".

---------------------------------------

These are preliminary questions to see how many responses I get. If I think up new questions I'll add them. If YOU think up a question that YOU would love to see in the article, PLEASE PM ME WITH IT SO I CAN ADD IT TO THE LIST!!!!!!! It doesn't matter if you love the show, or hate the show; I’m looking for a variety of answers from many different types of people. Thanks!

I love it, it's hardly original (cue x-men), but instead of the typical "I have superpowers and nobody loves me" kind of attitude that mutants had in X-men, these guys are in realistic scenarios (except for Hiro which I think is there for comic relief). I think the "crossroad" factor is what makes me love this show more, every story is unique, but everyone's path crosses eventually, and it's funny how I find myself watching some episodes just to see how A will cross with B.

People who want the powers for themselves der

Give nikki something more of a "Hero power" - currently she's just got a split personality, which is hardly a power, it's more psycho than anything. True, that "Jessica" is stronger than Nikki physically, but it's really nothing amazing. Nikki's character is lucky that her story is actually interesting, because her power is boring, I would be very bored of her character if the rest of her storyline was crap.
    In my opinion, it was better when we didn't know about jessica, and it was just "the reflection in the mirror" doing it all. Who knows, maybe her power is in fact to invoke the spirits of the dead, we'll see in the future.

Hiro can stop time, travel between any areas he likes! What could be better than that? I would love to just drop by on a friend in another country, without having to pay travel fees such as airline tickets.

Least favourite hero, what does he have that the others don't? A lack of original personality.

Watch it either infront of my PC, or on my cousin's HDTV with her and her husband.

My favorite thing about the show is definitely how they make heroes cross paths, and how they all interact with eachother. Just because they cross paths it doesn't mean they know about eachother, nor does it mean they are good/bad.

My least favourite thing is uhh *spoilers* [why why why did they kill off eden so fast? She was an amazing character, especially after we found out her power, she needs to be reserected, isn't there a rebirth hero somewhere ? boo! ]

Honestly I haven't been watching out for those details, I was just enjoying the show.

I'm not surprised. This show combines humans in real situations with something they would never expect, and created it well. It's also great for our ADD generation since it jumps around between stories so rapidly

Is this a real question!?!?! OF COURSE!!!!

It's possible that like I said above, Nikki is going to see her power more diverse, instead of just invoking her sister and becoming the she-hulk, she might be invoking the dead.

I see Peter Patrelli as the key to beating Syler, as he's basically the match, they both gain other people's powers. However he's gotta be the captain planet, the other heroes will all have to be nearby or he's useless.

/shrug

[b]Did you have another T.V. show you watched on Mondays that you’ve given up watching to dedicate to Heroes?

Nope, mondays was free.

Nope, don't read comic books due to my lack of interest, but I can see how the show could have been born from things like X-men and Superman.

Because his powers are just cool

Don't see anyone turning good or evil, I think instead, our knowledge about them will continue to change, and we'll see that what they've been doing all along hasn't been what we thought their original motives were (kinda like claire's father, we assumed he was bad, but did we really know about him aside from what they were showing us?).

Promote it alot to my friends for them to start watching it too. I geeked out by downloading it since it doesn't air in australia till late January 2007, I'm not going to sit and wait for it to start and watch 1 a week, screw that! All at once go go go!

Transforming into anything, anything at all. This would be extremely overpowered, since you could just transform into wind and go to places that require other access

I'd definitely use it for personal gain, good or bad depends on the situation.

Not to friends, and not if it'd put my life in danger. Otherwise hell yeah, i'd love to make a quick buck just because I exist

~Add anything else in this section you can think of. Anything at all about the kind of Superhero you would be. Would you wear a costume, would you want all the hot chicks, would you want to kill everyone? Would you want to dominate the world? Why? Just try to fill out this part and make it funny and entertaining!

I sure wouldnt mind taking revenge on people that made my high school life annoying

Please just write your responses to this post right here. No need to PM them to me! Just PM me any questions you would like to add to this survey. Thanks for your time!! Also, please visit http://geekmonthly.com/ if you wanna see what the mag is all about.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SLUSHA
    - REAL FIRST NAME Blair
    - AGE24
    - IF YOU'RE IN COLLEGE, NAME THE COLLEGE N/A
    - HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HOOKED ON THE SHOW? Well it's only been around for like 6 months
    - WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE HERO? Peter, in comics the power stealer type character is always so hit and miss, and sometimes they cater for the writer to go way off the handle, but I relate to Peter and I like where they are going with him
    - WHO IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HERO? when Nikki comes on I browse BG

WHEN ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE WRITE YOUR ANSWER UNDER THE QUESTION, AND LEAVE THE QUESTIONS THERE. DON’T DELETE THE QUESTIONS WHEN ANSWERING PLEASE!!!

Do you actually like the show? (Please explain your answer thoroughly whether it be yes or no) I don't love it yet, I like where they are going, but I feel like the first arc really hasen't been completed, If you've ever read J.Michael Strazinski(sp?) you know what I'm talking about when I say all the buildup in the world can become meaningless in the blink of an eye. I felt like they ended the first half of the season on a really good note, I was really exited for the next episode weekly for about the last 4 weeks.

This is a tough question, I guess my only comment would be I don't think it's limited to comic book readers by any means.

Besides remove Nikki? I'd trash the webcomic, or make it easier to download on PDF format, I just rember having a hell of a time with it. Flash would be a good way to do it also, I dunno I only tried it once but the experence was horrible, and it was disapointing seeing as they covered a lot of backstory in them, and Micheal Turner did some of the artwork.

OH, and Hire David Mack OR ANDY LEE!! to do the paintings for the Artist!

I like Peter Because I like the character design, I like the way he looks, he actually had a almost comic like look when he showed up in Texas, and he's easy to relate to. Nikki just bores me as of yet she has little to do with the Sylar storyline, and I've never liked the inner battle between personalities, it's done all the time, but extremely rarely done correctly, funny thing is it's been done the best with The Incredible Hulk, which in a way she is a complete clone of.

I Tivo it, because I'm almost always at work when it's actually on, I'll watch it while LFP or sometimes I'll put it off a week and marathon it with my roommate (which is more exiting, watchin a couple at once)

What are your favorite/least favorite things about the show? (Two parts, answer both. Can be as long as you want) You know certian kinds of art lend themselves to only certian kinds of stories, the decision to go with a Frank Miller type art style for 'the artist's' paintings was a bad one imo. I like The three faction type situation, you have the heros, you have sylar and you have whatever oganization it is that Claire's dad works for, it's more intriguing than one v. one

How much time do you spend going over little details in the show (such as finding all the little markings on the characters)? I post in the thread here but thats really it, I'd hardly say I'm obsessed with the show, I tried to read the web comic once but the page was slow as hell and my old resolution was Horrible for it. I might try it again this spring when the episodes start airing, we will see.

It's new, it has a lot of publicity behind it, I'd be more interested to see how it fairs in the second half

yes

I expect the Hulk coralations with Nikki to become more and more apparent as they form a group, I wouldn't be suprised at all if at some point they decide they have to 'contain' her and then in desprate times decide the need to 'turn her loose' as the lesser of two evils, but that might not even be season 1, I also expect Peter's brother(forget name) to be evil at some point

I don't understand the question sorry

I have Tivo lol, I used to watch Psych on Monday Nights the current episode re-airs after RAW but now I just Tivo it on fridays

Nikki=Hulk done wrong
    Peter is kinda like Kitty Pride to mein a lot of ways. Just the way he is so anxious, and feels a scence of responsibility about evrything, but with diffrent powers obviosly.

Thats about it, I don't really read superhero comics anymore...

Inner conflict works so much better with thought bubbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! punctuation added for empasis.

This is a Magnito like situation, I think Mr.Bennett belives in the extermination or control of all mutants, depending on the angle you look at it, he's not really all that bad.

Sylar and Peter's brother on the other hand either currently use their powers for personal gain or will in the future.

And lastly Nikki at one point will be 'sort of' evil, in the form of tantrums by her 'other half'

while I'm usually LFP while watching, I guess thats pretty bad, but otherwise not really.

I've always wanted to write a comic about a shape shifter who used it to get laid 24/7 but then X-files beat me to it, but seriously, probly flight, it's simple, but man it would be so limitlessly cool

Convience

Well probly, but only because of how uncommon it would be, but eventually people would find out, cause if I could fly, I'm not barring myself from using it during the day, that would be too much of a waste.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

REAL FIRST NAME
    De
    IF YOU'RE IN COLLEGE, NAME THE COLLEGE
    Hunter College
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HOOKED ON THE SHOW?
    Hooked on ever since the first episode.
    WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE HERO?
    Hiro is my favorite hero.
    WHO IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HERO?
    Jessica/Nikki is my least favorite hero.

Do you actually like the show?
    Yes, I love the show because it's something new. I personally never gotten into any series like 24 or Lost, but somehow Heroes is special in a way that it grabs my attention easily.

I would describe people who watch Heroes as people who like comics and superheroes. Because most of the times I hear people referring a hero/character from the show to heroes from Marvel or DC comics.

No, there isn't anything that I would change about the show. Mainly because I believe that the show is doing well in storyline wise and the actings aren't so bad.

I chose Hiro as my favorite because I like his personality, he actually wants to doing something with his ability and to become a hero. And he also gets a Katana! My least favorite is Jessica/Nikki because she somehow just doesn't have that hero feel in her.

I watch the show on my computer. No, I don't watch it with friends.

What are your favorite/least favorite things about the show?
    My favorite things about the show are the storyline and the characters. My least favorite thing is the acting.

I don't really count how long I spent going over little details but I did pause and rewind sometime. That is why I watch the show on my computer.

It's good to know that Heroes is getting popular because it allows the series to go on longer.

Yes, I can't wait to see the second half of the season.

I don't exactly know what is going to happen to the characters nor I have any predictions, but I do have a feeling that Hiro will mess up his time traveling in the future.

The most important thing when I'm watching Heroes is the storyline. Not sure about the least important.

No, Heroes is the only T.V. show I watch.

Nope, I didn't read the comic book.

I believe that some Heroes appeal to people more than other Heroes because people can find relations to certain heroes. The age group differences also reflects on popularity of the Hero.

I think Hiro and Peter are definitely going to be good. Not sure who will turn evil.

I think I was pretty GEEK about the show, I nearly told anyone that get into contact with me about the show and say how good it is.

I would like to have Peter's power because I basically I can be whatever I want and I'll just be a average Joe when no one special is around.

For good, of course!

Of course, I would keep it a secret! LOL I don't want MIB/FBI/CIA going after me.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

- REAL FIRST NAME
    Beth
    Texas
    Lamar University
    Episode 7 when my sister made me download and watch them all ;p
    Hiro Nakamura <33
    Nikki Sanders

Yes, I find it exciting and entertaining (except when Nikki is on the screen-) and can't wait to see what happens next. The characters for the most part are likeable and well done.

Awesome D:

Less Nikki... or make her more interesting.

Hiro is adorable and just all around funny- also he is the most enthusiastic and sucks you in. He's not afraid of his powers or his cause- he tries his hardest to do the right thing as a hero.

Nikki doesn't have so much of a super power as a mental disorder or something. >_>

At home with my sister D:

My favorite thing is when the heroes all interact with one another.
    Least favorite thing... is when Nikki talks to herself. >.>

Don't do much outside of reading what a couple other fans have to say on a forum.

It's popularity is well deserved because it is very different from other shows on primetime. Plus the more popularity and buzz the better- means more episodes for us~

Of course!

Not really- they'll probably start figuring more about their powers and how to use them... and I hope Hiro gets his sword. <3

Want it to be so exciting that I can't wait to see what happens next.

No, I didn't.

Wasn't so much into comic books growing up. ^^;

Nikki doesn't even really have a real power as I see it. Hiro is just so adorable- the way he's so excitied about his being a hero.. and his sword. He's also a little geeky! (My sister showed me his blog on nbc.com- Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI references <3)

Most people seem most good except for Sylar. Even Claire's dad doesn't seem totally evil.

Just get excited when it comes on and the occasional spoiler hunting on the internet.

Telekinesis so I wouldn't have to get up for everything like drinks and be lazy. ;P

For my own good. >_>

Yeah, wouldn't want everyone to think I could get drinks for them too.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Wow, I'm amazed that everyone's got the same mindset as "Nikki is just crazy, doesn't have a super power".

The show better give her better powers in the rest of the season.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Wow, I'm amazed that everyone's got the same mindset as "Nikki is just crazy, doesn't have a super power".

The show better give her better powers in the rest of the season.

Super strength (and fighting skill?)?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

psh that's no super power.

We'll see her real power when Peter bumps into her whenever. I hope Jessica just doesnt go in peter...

REAL FIRST NAME

Christopher

LOCATION (I don’t need your address or anything, but if you’re from Maryland say that, or if you’re from Sweden say that )

Binghamton, New York

I graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology

Since about episode 4 or 5.

Tied between the police office and the girl that can control people (I'm horrible with names).

Nikki.

Yes, I like the show. I'm glad that they decided to go with a drama storyline-oriented show versus a "villian of the day" episodic show like a lot of past superhero shows did.

This is a show for everyone. Considering how popular the X-Men and Spiderman movies were I don't think any show based on superheros is limited to just geeks/nerds anymore. I mean, my mom watches this show and loves it.

Make Nikki's story more interesting. They started to develop her more but any time she comes up the show seems to drag on.

I'm a big fan of telepathic powers so I like the cop and that other girl's powers. The cop guy is pretty cool because he seems pretty excited about his power and is really trying to work hard to find Sylar even though his home life is falling apart.

Nikki is just plain uninteresting, especially in the beginning. Her son seems like he might pick up some of her slack in the future with his power. He seems fully aware of it and totally in control of it and is good at hiding it from his parents.

Alone in my apartment.

My favorite thing about the show is the storyline-drivin plot with no villian of the day. The writers have put a lot of thought into how each character and plot element tie into one another.

I try not to think of things that I don't like while watching a show unless it's glaringly obvious.

None, I just watch the show.

I hadn't heard about the People's Choice Award being given to it but it's not really surprising. Some shows will be more popular than others, it just goes to show that the writers did a good job with it.

Yes.

They'll all somehow meet up in New York City where something big will happen. Peter will then, for some unknown reason (but maybe relating to how he mimics other hero's powers and they're all in one spot...), explodes. However this fate will be mostly prevented but not totally and will leave some sort of scar on Peter, the same one that future Hiro mentioned.

I'm not really sure how to answer this question. No real life distractions for 45 minutes while I watch the show is a plus.

I download TV shows with BitTorrent, so I rarely use my cable TV.

I don't read comic books.

Hiro is definitely more popular because of his goofy nature. He says does a lot of humorous things and has a good nature about his powers. He's very interested in learning to control his power and makes a lot of video game references to boot.

Sylar is evil because he kills others to satisfy his own greed.

Mr. Linderman (is that right?) is evil. I get the feeling that he knows about their powers (at least Nikki and Nathan) and will use this to his advantage in the future.

Claire's father is just paranoid at this point.

Hiro and Peter are the only ones I would consider good, since they have a genuine interest in helping people.

Everyone else is neutral and only serving their own interests at present.

I've never heard the term "GEEK out" before, but I will assume that I do not.

Prof. X style telepathy. The power to read and control other's minds.

I'd use it for personal gain. I wouldn't try to get super rich or anything since then I would stand out. However, I'd first use it for recon and to try to uncover conspiracies and secrets about the government and other coorperations. I wouldn't try to change the world with that information though, I just like knowing everything and hate to be in the dark.

I'd use other people as proxies when trying to find out something so I would never personally get caught.

I would take over people's minds completely in an effort to live forever. This wouldn't be too hard of a task for a telepath.

Yes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's kinda early so I hope I don't completely butcher this. x.x

- REAL FIRST NAME

Scott

Las Vegas, NV

UNLV

Since yesterday.

Peter

Nathan

Even though I just started watching yesterday, I absolutely love this show. I thought TV turned into a bunch of random reality shows and other crap so I kinda stopped watching it for a while. This show actually makes me want to watch it again and see more of it as soon as I can.

I can see almost anyone watching this show. The show is made in a way that could make almost anyone enjoy it. It has everything a normal drama has, but it also has enuogh science fiction and/or fantasy to satisfy most geeks.

Remove commercials! Seriously though, I don't see anything that I would change about this show, it is just that good.

I like Peter the most since his power has almost no limits unless he isn't around someone else with powers. He seems very determined to save people and I like that characteristic in people. He also seems pretty similar to me in real life which helps me relate to the show more.

His brother Nathan almost seems like a bad guy in the show. He completely abuses his brother and others around him just for personal gain.

I watch it online since I missed all of them on TV.

My favorite thing about the show is how often it gives me goosebumps leaving me absolutely speecheless. There is just so much going on and so many ways all the characters seem to be connected that I can not miss a minute of it.

Least favorite thing is probably the fact that I missed it when it first came out!

After reading this question, I feel like I need to pay more attention now, I feel like I have missed a few things. I guess I would have to say not enough.

For how good this show is, I'm glad it is getting good ratings since more people will probably watch this show, or they are already.

Of course, I have to see what happens!

Anything could happen. I really don't think I could predict anything that happens in this show.

What is the most important thing to you when you’re watching Heroes?
    Least important?

Finding out more about the characters. They seem to keep changing gradually, and I like seeing those changes. I don't think I can say anything bad about this show, so there really wouldn't be a least important thing.

Nope, didn't watch much TV before this show.

I haven't really read any comic books, but I know a few things about them. I see a few similarities, but they are all pretty unique characters making them different from anything I've heard about before.

The characters are all different, just like college students. Each character probably has some trait that allows almost anyone to relate to the show. Characters being more popular is based on how people feel in real life. If a person likes trying to save people, they of course would like Hiro more. If they are a bad person, they would like the more "evil" characters of the show.

I see almost all of them as good so far. Sylar is the exception though. Nikki has an evil side, but I really wouldn't conside her evil since I don't see that side of her as being Nikki. They all have good intentions, but how they do them is just different.

Yes, I tell all my friends to watch it as many times as I can before they ignore me!

I don't think I would want a special power. I would probably lose control and abuse it.

I would probably use it for evil. I am a good person in real life, but power changes people.

Absolutely. Letting out a secret like that would just lead to future problems. You can never completely trust someone with a HUGE secret like that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

REAL FIRST NAME
    Beth or Bethany

LOCATION (I don’t need your address or anything, but if you’re from Maryland say that, or if you’re from Sweden say that )
    Indiana

Out of college

I saw the commercials leading up to the premier of the show but thought that even though I liked what I saw, the show would find a similar fate as most new shows and be canceled after a few episodes.

N/A

N/A

Since I haven't seen a full episode I can't say for sure, but judging from what I've read in reviews and here in this thread I think I will like the show.

People with imaginations.

Go back to last fall & have the commercials leading up the premier state the show will get at least a full season run.

N/A

If I did watch it I would watch it at home in the living room.

N/A

N/A

I'm glad that people actually gave it a change and watched it. I am guilty of thinking it would not do well because people wouldn't give it a chance so I didn't bother. That taught me a lesson~

I am in the process of trying to get episodes to watch so I can pick up when the second half of the season starts. NBC has the show up on their site but the media player they use is just garbage.... ABC's is a million times better.

N/A

N/A

N/A

Haven't read any comic books in a long time, but do read Manga. Not that many superhero Manga out there.

N/A

N/A

N/A

It's an oldie, but a goodie... The ability to read a persons thoughts. Sometimes it just would be nice to know why someone thinks the way they do.

Depends on what the situation called for.

Yes, what fun would it be if they knew to keep their thoughts guarded?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

You guys are my Heroes (pun intended, yo)!!! Thank you so much for doing this fast, and really thinking and giving me some fucking great answers. I really really appreciate you for doing this, so thanks again!!