FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    Quote Originally Posted by Katalya
    Has anyone bothered with Yigit Bulawa

I am kinda interested if it is even debatable
    Would probably only work for Shining Strike and Seraph strike.

Probably work like sea gorget or some of those weapon wouldnt make sense (hi2u g.axe with no elemental ws)

On most xp mobs, you need around 310acc to get 90%acc. 1skill level 1acc (0.9 after 200)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    On most xp mobs, you need around 310acc to get 90%acc. 1skill level 1acc (0.9 after 200)
    Not anywhere in Aht Urhgan. 292 H2H + 30~ acc gives 70~% acc on greater colibri / bugard.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Not anywhere in Aht Urhgan. 292 H2H + 30~ acc gives 70~% acc on greater colibri / bugard.

I forgot to consider madrigal, I usually have that song up when I xp >_> 've 261sword/277axe and around +40acc (I guess dex help too) with my tp gain setup. Give me 90% acc on collibri with 1 madrigal and meat

[Edit]
    Forgot aggressor too....time to go to bed and stop posting.

I guess you need -370 acc to break 90% then.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In my ideal WHM melee setup, it'd be Haste->Accuracy->Attack->STR eating meat, using whatever melee sub you prefer.

With capped merited club (272) and accuracy gear like Rev.Mail, Peacock, Acc Rings, Tiphia Sting, the Acc+ shield, and Life Belt you can get a nice amount of Accuracy.

It's not impossible for WHM to hit 25% haste too, just means you have to sacrifice some Haste and get one or two hard pieces:
    • Turban's 5% Haste vs. Ohat's 10 Accuracy
    • Nashira Body's 3% Haste vs. Mail's 10 Accuracy

And with full Blessed+1, Turban, Nashira, and Swift Belt you hit 25% Haste.

For me, I also prefer attack. The Bellicose mantle with 6 attack seems a greater bonus than the Sandy mantle with 2 STR, the same with the Merman earrings with 6 attack versus STR earrings. Same with tiphia sting versus hume 1 STR sachet.

Of course, on WS, especially Hexa, tossing on more accuracy where you had Haste won't hurt too much. Turban->O hat can only help, Blessed Trousers +1 -> Prince's Slops trades 4 MND for 4 Accuracy.

I'd think a sushi build would be easier (less acc more STR) but probably would do a lot less damage, as a WHM would need the attack bonuses to even have a slight chance at doing reasonable damage (reasonable to the whm, obviously not outparsing anyone)

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

well, i'd obvoulisy have all the ACC gear i could get for tping off XP mobs, however, if i was doing a single hit WS like the relic WS, wouldnt ACC really not matter and i should just stack on the STR gear? Also, I dont wanna wear Reverend Mail for WS's as it has -5 MND and MND is a modifier for hexa/randgirth.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

While stacking Accuracy is definitely a major goal for multi-hit WSs like Hexa, I think stacking it on the Relic WS for club is important too- when you are WSing almost any higher level mob. (Of course, I'd think that Mjollnir + Hexa would deliver a higher return than Mjollnir + Randgirth but I'd love to be proved wrong).

If you can hit 90+% of your WSs without the Rev. Mail then I guess you could WS in something else that boosts the modifiers. I know for Hexa, with modifiers at 20% I don't much sweat the loss of 4 MND from moving from Blessed +1 to Prince's, and think I could like with 5 MND for 10 accuracy on Rev. Mail. Isn't Randgirth 50% MND and STR? Perhaps then.

Still, I hear that secondary modifiers that are not melee related (of which MND definitely is) are not as important as STR or Attack or Accuracy during a WS (which is why no one Hexas in Mahatma!).

If accuracy is good enough, and you have a one-hit ws that is STR/MND, I'd go...

Head: Voyager Sallet (3 STR/DEX) is the best STR you are going to get, and 3 STR is probably better than the 3/4+ MND you can get on other pieces. Still, I'd use Ohat for the accuracy.

Body: For melee and whm, what is there minus the Rev. Mail (Aside from the impossible even for relic owner Hydra Doublet!)? You could put in Marduk's Body for +12MND though! For a single hit WS, that'd be nice!

Hands: Obviously Healer's Mitts +1 no question

Legs: Blessed Trousers +1, or Prince's Slops for the 4MND->4 Acc swap

Feet: Blessed/Errant/Cleric's all are good for the MND. Marduk's for 10 MND be mighty nice too...

Waist: If acc is no issue, then Potent belt or RSE STR waist

Back: Bellicose Mantle hands down

Lemme know what you think, I'll post more later

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Kriz
    While stacking Accuracy is definitely a major goal for multi-hit WSs like Hexa, I think stacking it on the Relic WS for club is important too- when you are WSing almost any higher level mob. (Of course, I'd think that Mjollnir + Hexa would deliver a higher return than Mjollnir + Randgirth but I'd love to be proved wrong).

If you can hit 90+% of your WSs without the Rev. Mail then I guess you could WS in something else that boosts the modifiers. I know for Hexa, with modifiers at 20% I don't much sweat the loss of 4 MND from moving from Blessed +1 to Prince's, and think I could like with 5 MND for 10 accuracy on Rev. Mail. Isn't Randgirth 50% MND and STR? Perhaps then.

Still, I hear that secondary modifiers that are not melee related (of which MND definitely is) are not as important as STR or Attack or Accuracy during a WS (which is why no one Hexas in Mahatma!).

If accuracy is good enough, and you have a one-hit ws that is STR/MND, I'd go...

Head: Voyager Sallet (3 STR/DEX) is the best STR you are going to get, and 3 STR is probably better than the 3/4+ MND you can get on other pieces. Still, I'd use Ohat for the accuracy.

Body: For melee and whm, what is there minus the Rev. Mail (Aside from the impossible even for relic owner Hydra Doublet!)? You could put in Marduk's Body for +12MND though! For a single hit WS, that'd be nice!

Hands: Obviously Healer's Mitts +1 no question

Legs: Blessed Trousers +1, or Prince's Slops for the 4MND->4 Acc swap

Feet: Blessed/Errant/Cleric's all are good for the MND. Marduk's for 10 MND be mighty nice too...

Waist: If acc is no issue, then Potent belt or RSE STR waist

Back: Bellicose Mantle hands down

Lemme know what you think, I'll post more later
    basically answered all of my questions haha, if you think of anything else please post it though! thanks a million!

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

oh another quick thought, you think the +6 attack on the mantle would outweigh any kind of STR or MND mod's i could get in that place?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    oh another quick thought, you think the +6 attack on the mantle would outweigh any kind of STR or MND mod's i could get in that place?
    This is actually really easy to look at as you only have a few choices!

The only accuracy backpiece is the EX Bastok piece with 2 DEX and VIT (for an additional 1 accuracy, whoopie!)

The best MND mod you can get is Prism Cape's 4 MND.

The best STR mod you can get is the Sandy EX piece, with 2 STR and 2 MND (so 1 attack due to the 2 STR). This is the best piece for mods if you are pure MND/STR.

So you have a choice of 6 attack versus 2STR, 2MND, 1Attack for the back. Perhaps, just maybe, it may be a closer call on the relic WS, but in day to day the bonus of the extra 5 attack is more than the 2 STR. Also the mantle can be bought easily and requires no Conquest Points or standing!

Wish we could use Amement Mantle +1 ; ;

This logic extends to earrings (STR earrings versus Attack), with the obvious top-tier earrings being Brutal, Suppi (for /NIN), or Ethereal (imo)

As for the neck and rings, obviously if you can afford it gil wise and acc wise, Triumph rings rocks. And for the neck, the C. Chain has a nice STR boost with ACC.

I'd love to chew the fat more on tweaking a melee whm build if you have anymore questions!

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    This is actually really easy to look at as you only have a few choices!

The only accuracy backpiece is the EX Bastok piece with 2 DEX and VIT (for an additional 1 accuracy, whoopie!)

The best MND mod you can get is Prism Cape's 4 MND.

The best STR mod you can get is the Sandy EX piece, with 2 STR and 2 MND (so 1 attack due to the 2 STR). This is the best piece for mods if you are pure MND/STR.

So you have a choice of 6 attack versus 2STR, 2MND, 1Attack for the back. Perhaps, just maybe, it may be a closer call on the relic WS, but in day to day the bonus of the extra 5 attack is more than the 2 STR. Also the mantle can be bought easily and requires no Conquest Points or standing!

Wish we could use Amement Mantle +1 ; ;

This logic extends to earrings (STR earrings versus Attack), with the obvious top-tier earrings being Brutal, Suppi (for /NIN), or Ethereal (imo)

As for the neck and rings, obviously if you can afford it gil wise and acc wise, Triumph rings rocks. And for the neck, the C. Chain has a nice STR boost with ACC.

I'd love to chew the fat more on tweaking a melee whm build if you have anymore questions!
    ok so, +6 attack it is!

totally agree with you for those triumph rings, going to defanantley pick up two of those. I'm thinking for hexa strike, i'll take the gear that has the least +MND and +STR out and throw ACC gear in those spots, and if that dosent cut it, i'll have to use the snipers. For relic WS however, i'll probley cut the ACC stuff out completley as i dont think it'll really matter for a one hit WS. if i notice i'm missing 50% of my WS's though, i'll defanantly throw those ACC peices back on haha.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

was just looking some stuff over, wouldnt i wanna wear the elemental gorget instead of C. chain for WS?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the sake of hexa accuracy, I think, you should

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ah yes, I forgot about the elemental gorgets! They would definitely be worth it if you can get them. I think Hexa lines up with two of the gorgets, I'd try and see if you can figure out if (and I think it can) you can get the one that works with relic WS too.

BTW, are you upgrading relic club? Or just planning for the future?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I didnt read all posts above me but for melee whm try this. Mp gear for buffs an starts of fight then throw on str/acc gear after you use that mp. Life belt rev mail an o hat should be enough acc. i used str rings on my whm an walhala turban, You can eat sushi if you need the acc or you can use Hq meat or if you got alot of gil curry. I did most of this an i would be able to solo imps VT skulls an other stuff. Also you should have said ur race, If elvaan get all acc taru att and mnd. Also i heard dex does something for hexa but i never got to try it out. Also matters on price you might want to try for dodge cape but if that is to much get -damage cape att cape or clerics if you got it.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Ah yes, I forgot about the elemental gorgets! They would definitely be worth it if you can get them. I think Hexa lines up with two of the gorgets, I'd try and see if you can figure out if (and I think it can) you can get the one that works with relic WS too.

BTW, are you upgrading relic club? Or just planning for the future?
    getting the money to upgrade a relic weapon isnt that hard for me, i just have never done it because it seemed like a total waste of money. but the other day i got to thinking, wtf else am i gonna spend it on.

plus i'd look really cute Q_Q

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

something else came up. i'm wondering what gorget i should have for randgirth/hexa. i currently have light gorget, is light the primary element on hexa and randgirth?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Fusion is the Primary (only?) Element on Hexa, so you're good with Light. I don't know what element the Relic WS is, it's not on my chart.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon
    Fusion is the Primary (only?) Element on Hexa, so you're good with Light. I don't know what element the Relic WS is, it's not on my chart.
    the relic WS is fragmentation, so should i get a breeze gorget for that?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Re: WHM Meele random crap

Super mega necro bump!!!

OK, so i'm about to pick up a stage 4 club from the goblin, and i really need to have WS gear for randgirth instead of hexa strike. Here's my current Hexa Strike macro:

keyboard_bind !3 input /equip head "Healer's Cap";input /equip neck "Light Gorget";input /equip ear1 "Minuet Earring";input /equip ear2 "Brutal Earring";input /equip body "Reverend Mail";input /equip hands "Hlr. Mitts +1";input /equip ring1 "Rajas Ring";input /equip ring2 "Triumph Ring";input /equip back "Ryl. Army Mantle";input /equip waist "Potent Belt";input /equip legs "Blessed Trousers";input /equip feet "Creek M Clomps";input /echo Hexa Strike gear equipped.;
    I'll obviously need to replace Light Gorget with Breeze Gorget, but, what else should I replace? I could probley lose the Reverend Mail for more MND or STR or something since randgirth is a single hit WS. Should i replace the potent belt (+3str) with Cleric's belt (+6mnd) (mnd/str are 40% modifiers)

Kriz halp me!!!!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: WHM Meele random crap

may or may not make a difference to your setup(s) but about the comment of nashira manteel (haste) vs. reverend mail (accuracy), goliard saio has more haste than nashira

congrats on the club!