+ Reply to Thread

Component Multitap (for lack of a better term)

Hey guys, so on my tv I only have two of the component cable inputs. Now with my Wii, 360 and PS2 I have 3 sets of component cables and I don't like switching out my 360 and PS2's everytime I want to change it.
    I guess what I'm wondering is you know those boxes that hook up into the component of the tv, and then it has like 5 hookups or whatever to hook systems into. I hope this makes sense. I know they had them for AV cables and whatnot in an earlier life, and was wondering if they have them for components now. Thanks people!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

system selector?

something like this?

http://www.nextag.com/Pelican-Pro-Sy...57/prices-html

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.svideo.com/com3.html

Just search for component cable switch or selector or somewhere along those lines.

Thanks as always Seph :D

You can buy the Gamestop wires they sell (the component/composite wires)
    [Also you get a 2 year Warranty on the wires + some Insurance on system too]

They are very relialable and connect to the PS3/Xbox 360
    Can use the other for the Wii

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/801798b.jpg

Only 14.99

Maybe 2 years ago i got one that you plug all the dif. AV wires into, then just hit a button to switch. It was like $5. Take above advice, look for component switcher, not those crappy wires where your systems have to be on top of each other.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

100 bucks just so you can be lazy? Not worth it. Besides, I havn't had any good experience with boxes like that. I used one for my consoles except it was RGB and the picture got worse.

Forum Donator
    BG Level

I just picked this up at BestBuy the other day. It works extremely well. No HD signal loss at all. You can program the display to match the component that is active. Its well worth the price if you have an HDTV with multiple next gen game systems, HD DVD player, HD Cable/Sat... etc.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1134701087687

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah I need one as well, my TV has 2 HDMI and 2 component inputs, and since I don't have a PS3 yet i'm stuck with switching something out all the time.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

When I used to work at Blockbuster, I jacked one of those from my store...though it was like 20-30$, of all the movies and games I stole, this piece of equipment is seriously the best steal of all.

being able to play xbox, gc, ps2, dvd player all on 1 tv w/out needing to fuck w/ wires can only be defined as epic.

Forum Donator
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    When I used to work at Blockbuster, I jacked one of those from my store...though it was like 20-30$, of all the movies and games I stole, this piece of equipment is seriously the best steal of all.

being able to play xbox, gc, ps2, dvd player all on 1 tv w/out needing to fuck w/ wires can only be defined as epic.
    Which one, the Psyclone?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfridays
    I just picked this up at BestBuy the other day. It works extremely well. No HD signal loss at all. You can program the display to match the component that is active. Its well worth the price if you have an HDTV with multiple next gen game systems, HD DVD player, HD Cable/Sat... etc.

Awesome dude. Just to verify since BB does not show a picture of the back.. how many component inputs does it have? 3+?
    And then it comes with a wire and a component output?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Though the $100 one may be okay, generally these are notorious for ruining signal quality, and the cost of one that may actually maintain the integrity of the quality signal you're after anyway, probably wouldn't be worth it for me. Yes I agree it's annoying too to change component input cables often just to keep a quality image, but there's little point shelling out for those cables if you're just going to run the signal back down to composite-quality before it reaches your TV.

Forum Donator
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po

Awesome dude. Just to verify since BB does not show a picture of the back.. how many component inputs does it have? 3+?
    And then it comes with a wire and a component output?
    @ Po: It has 4 Inputs. Comes in your choice of silver or black. No cables came with it.

http://www.psyclonecables.com/images...LT1_LARGER.jpg

EDIT: NewEgg.com sells it for $94 (but is currently out of stock. There are also a few customer reviews as well: Click here.

2nd EDIT: Here is the official website of the manufacturer: Click here.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

Which one, the Psyclone?
    Some Hip Gear piece of trash. gets the job done, thats all that matters.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

http://www.totalconsole.com/store/comer ... roduct=368

^ what I bought ^

XCM presents a multi-component cable NEXT-GENERATION. The cable supports Xbox 360, Wii, PS3 and PS2 formats. At the flick of a switch gamers can toggle between their console displays, a great set-up if PS2 owners can’t bear to completely part with the ‘old generation’ and also ideal for those with a mixture of ‘next generation’ systems. The sheer quality of this versatile cable will optimize any textures and gaming visuals, making it a must-have for all gamers.

I never looked much into something external as they seemed to be a higher price.

If I connect the thing to the tv with AV cables.. and then connect my systems with Component cables for HD.. will it still be HD? I hope that makes sense.
    The customer reviews did not really cover that.
    Thanks again.

Forum Donator
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    If I connect the thing to the tv with AV cables.. and then connect my systems with Component cables for HD.. will it still be HD? I hope that makes sense.
    The customer reviews did not really cover that.
    Thanks again.
    No, it will not be HD if you connect like that. HD signal wont carry over AV cables.