+ Reply to Thread

Thread: King Vinegarroon!!! How?!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

King Vinegarroon!!! How?!

*Kind of a long post*

Ok so, I've done a search and couldn't actually find a solid answer about the King V, I need to know.

I'm coming along in my Drk life, and only need Ace's Helm and Homam Legs to be pimped out(besides E.Body and Apoc). So I've been camping KV for around 18 days all together, hopeing he'll get into a good time for my NA/EU HNM LS(doesn't seem to be happening fast...).

Now I've heard so many ways to kill this but people keep contradicting themselves. I've heard that K.Club Adaberk Drks, and Ridill Adaberk War's don't work, because if he spams too much, you get owned, and the only way to kill him is either Manaburn with SC's here and there.

Other places, I've heard melee burning him is the only way to go, and that SC's and Manaburning takes too long, and he'll just regen inbetween timed volleys.

Now my LS isn't hardcore like most of the LSs that try KV, meaning... Faf and Aspid are pretty much on lockdown so no Ridills, E.Bodies, or Dramatica's... and I'm the only Drk in the LS and can't get my hands on a K.Club, but we're all just sub par of being uber lol.

So what I'm asking, is there a for sure way of killing KV, and what the hell is it?! Just post your LSs strats, argue about it, whatever... I'll just mix and match for what's best for my LS.

Banned.

BG Level

gb2ki

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    gb2ki
    go back to KI? Hmmm... I would... but uhhh... don't really go there often buddy... /comfort...

Banned.

BG Level

thx i needed that

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Chainspell stun it and have a bunch of DDs go all out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Projekt.Ein
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    gb2ki
    go back to KI? Hmmm... I would... but uhhh... don't really go there often buddy... /comfort...
    This question would be better suited in the Noob forum right below this one.

Banned.

BG Level

gb2npa

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

its basically a dynamis lord zerg fight, lasts about 30 seconds ;x be prepared for crappy crappy drops tho ;; i went 1/8 with TH4 everytime.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seeing as newbs can't kill KV, I thought I'd ask here... but, ok. I'll put it in the newbie forum.

Gilsellers can kill KV on some servers

Seriously though, it's a stun/chainstun and zerg fight. Some LSs do it differently depending on their composition (heavy melee vs. heavy BLM) and what they're comfortable executing, but basically like the other posters said its like DL. Drop rate sucks, you don't even see crystals some times.

Personally I don't know if the cost is worth the reward. From your post it sounds like you already have Heca cap, and almost certainly O Hat and Turban. Ace's is a nice blend of the other three hats but with DRK's A grade weapons and available accuracy gears the helm seems like just an e-peen item.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

All 3 jobs that can equip it have a-grade weapons. Accuracy is always welcome, as is haste, and to get them both on the same slot (more acc than homam zuchetto as well), is an added bonus.

This definitely is a zerg fight, though I've found myself helping kite him for quite a good while as everyone gathered/got jobs/etc. Gravity sticks like a charm on him, and the bushes with his pathing buy you time. TP isn't so much a concern as is his regen. He needs to die fast to both counter his regen and before he fires off one of his aoe ws's, which can kill several easily.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: King Vinegarroon!!! How?!

Quote Originally Posted by Projekt.Ein
    K.Club Adaberk Drks, and Ridill Adaberk War's
    Why would adaberk make a difference?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Something with HP+ like SH AF2 or Homam would be better then a Adaberk for Kraken anyways

Sea Torques
    BG Level

My point is that everytime people brag about kills etc they ALWAYS say "Adaberk ridill wars" (if they have adaberk) when the adaberk doesn't make a shit difference (unless you're taking like <1% more efficient).

Chainspell stun makes this fight a joke. Without it, you can still win, but its a hell of alot harder than it needs to be. Just have melees get TP, bards SV minuet/march, and its a good idea to have whms in the melee parties for curaga. Just have somone kite KV till the main is ready, then invite the kiter and go to work on KV.

/nin is a must for this fight, especially for melee, KVs AOE stun WS move sucks some major balls and lasts a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    My point is that everytime people brag about kills etc they ALWAYS say "Adaberk ridill wars" (if they have adaberk) when the adaberk doesn't make a shit difference (unless you're taking like <1% more efficient).
    Cause every little bit (of Accuracy while off handing a weapon with relatively low skill rate, among other things) helps and an Ebody on top of an already decent gear set-up would be a useful addition? Oh wait nvm, let's melee in LV1 JSE body cause it doesn't make "a shit difference" anyway!

Besides, it looks blue to me and blue is my favourite color.

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Be wary of the draw-in too.

Bastard draws in the alliance across the entire zone. He will draw-in corpses and anyone on a chocobo too. I was a little late when we tried the fight. Man did that catch me off guard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Cause every little bit (of Accuracy while off handing a weapon with relatively low skill rate, among other things) helps and an Ebody on top of an already decent gear set-up would be a useful addition? Oh wait nvm, let's melee in LV1 JSE body cause it doesn't make "a shit difference" anyway!

Besides, it looks blue to me and blue is my favourite color.
    It doesn't hardly make any difference compaired to haub+1. Ridill is what makes a difference.