Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Footprint shit is retarded. Don't cheat
    Only thing footprint is gonna do is hold AV for you between wipe. Not like you can kill it using that trick.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    GMs have made it clear that you are not allowed to use the footprint, so fucking stop already.
    They also asked us to stop using windower and tp pluging, and im sure I wont stop anytime soon. If the mob wasnt glitched, impossible to kill or w/e, than I could agree people should stop using it, but until then, it's retarded for people to call GM on other for that "offence".

That said, holding it with a smn1/blm1+brd with rr song is about as easy. No need to use footprint, even if it's slightly easier

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    They also asked us to stop using windower and tp pluging, and im sure I wont stop anytime soon. If the mob wasnt glitched, impossible to kill or w/e, than I could agree people should stop using it, but until then, it's retarded for people to call GM on other for that "offence".
    fact of the matter is people don't want to see their rivals kill AV, i mean its no secret once you see a shell known for killing JoL in sea and ppl go to watch then your competiton see's you doing this footprint thing they want to do whatever they can to prevent you in getting an advantage so they call a GM.

It only takes ONE douche bag who doesn't like your LS to do it.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

LOLOOLOLOL
    THE CARE-O-METER
    I haven't laughed this much at the Care-O-Meter since it was first introduced

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Footprint shit is retarded. Don't cheat
    If SE don't fix it, what choice is there?
    Find a new way I guess. Throw some Puppetmasters at it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender
    fact of the matter is people don't want to see their rivals kill AV, i mean its no secret once you see a shell known for killing JoL in sea and ppl go to watch then your competiton see's you doing this footprint thing they want to do whatever they can to prevent you in getting an advantage so they call a GM.

It only takes ONE douche bag who doesn't like your LS to do it.
    Exactly. I wasnt saying I was surprised that people are calling GM to fuck up another LS, I'm just saying it's a pretty lame thing to do. I dont think it's any different than a conventional mpk attempt, except you are using GM poor AI (who mindlessly follow some stupid rules) instead of monster poor AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    LOLOOLOLOL
    THE CARE-O-METER
    I haven't laughed this much at the Care-O-Meter since it was first introduced
    Is this where someone insert a sarcasm detector pic?

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Sarcasm detector? Yeah, that's a useful invention.

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Sarcasm detector? Yeah, that's a useful invention.
    Beep beep beep

malfunction

*zoint*

once SE wake up to the fact players aren't interested in AV, they'll probably edit in a clue on how to defeat it, or a pointer to some current clue that has been missed.

save your JoL sets for 2008^^

Quote Originally Posted by mikazuki

save your JoL sets for 2008^^
    We were sitting on three sets and wanted to get some earings. We thought we'd give it a try if it popped as it seemed kinda silly to waste the oppertunity to have a stab at it. Even if it was broken. Weve done 3 JoLs before with no AV pop so meh.

We got it to 91% I think, (couldnt tell was dead at the time) on the best attempt, locked it a couple of times blah blah.. usual crap. GM didint do anything or say anything in /say. Just jailed one person who co-operated and was realeased 20 minutes later.

Either way, GM being called on us by Cognauts etc we are still happy with our Love torque and 3 earings we got from the JoLs we did that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayr
    sup /b/,
    lolav, my PS2 had limitations so i couldn't log on to fairy and watch, but regardless was just ho checkin in to post in a epic thread that is 150% made of win
    Fairy >>> IBTL
    Jesus christ.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

LP got it to 97% earlier. Surprised to hear Cognatus called an GM because that was a pretty stupid thing to do >.> Oh well, the mob is just unkillable.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if an alliance of PUPs and DRGs could own it though exclusively? Then watch the next sash go to a PUP. THAT would be real drama

edit: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    LP got it to 97% earlier. Suprised to hear Cognatus called an GM because that was a pretty stupid thing to do >.> Oh well, the mob is just unkillable.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if an alliance of PUPs and DRGs could own it though exclusively? Then watch the next sash go to a PUP. THAT would be realy drama
    Better a PUP than a SAM. Yeah I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by niisse
    We thought we'd give it a try if it popped as it seemed kinda silly to waste the oppertunity to have a stab at it. Even if it was broken.
    That was basically our mentality. We didn't lock it in the footprint since at least 3 other linkshells were there and we knew some cockbag would GM. Just repeatedly sacked it west in between attempts.

As Toth said, we didn't discover anything, and a meteor wiped our alliance during an attempt as well.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Niisse
    We got it to 91% I think, (couldnt tell was dead at the time) on the best attempt, locked it a couple of times blah blah..
    What do you mean locked it?

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    LP got it to 97% earlier. Surprised to hear Cognatus called an GM because that was a pretty stupid thing to do >.>
    Fairy is full of pricks like that and Cognatus don't have a monopoly on them. Like, remember that time a certain LS called a GM on us while we were kiting King Vinegarroon and prepping TP?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, I remember that. It was what happened to us

Quote Originally Posted by Paegan
    Fairy is full of pricks like that and Cognatus don't have a monopoly on them. Like, remember that time a certain LS called a GM on us while we were kiting King Vinegarroon and prepping TP? :roll:
    Surprised for once it wasn't toth bringing up old bullshit that had been solved ages ago.

Either way, it's always 1 random asshole that calls a GM and no one can ever really tell who it is, not usually an entire linkshell.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TrueZero
    Quote Originally Posted by Paegan
    Fairy is full of pricks like that and Cognatus don't have a monopoly on them. Like, remember that time a certain LS called a GM on us while we were kiting King Vinegarroon and prepping TP?
    Surprised for once it wasn't toth bringing up old bullshit that had been solved ages ago.

Either way, it's always 1 random asshole that calls a GM and no one can ever really tell who it is, not usually an entire linkshell.
    happens on every server, some LS claims a random NM that isnt contested much, someone from spectating LS calls a GM on the fighting LS for holding, fighting LS gives it up, spectating LS engages and holds it right back

the bad thing is that GMs really dont agree too much on their own policies, some realize that you're SOL if some LS claims an NM before you do and "they're holding it, we want the NM" is just a stupid excuse for "we're jealous cause we were too slow to claim it", then some GMs are stupid enough to think that standing close enough to an NM like Tiamat and not doing shit is grounds enough for getting jailed

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The funny part of this particular situation was that AV was unclaimed 90% of the time. Anyone who wanted to bitch because they couldn't have the mob really had no reason because they could have claimed it if they wanted. Granted that the whole footprint thing makes it so the mob can't do anything to that one person, it really doesn't help you kill the mob and doesn't stop anyone else from trying to kill it.

Kinda silly, but that's the way this game is I guess.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still, people have reported several times that GMs come (whether called or not) and jail people who glitch it. I don't think anyone should really be surprised.