Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

footprint is lame to use when you kill it, but i wouldn't think its bad if you wanted to hold it a minute so ppl could change jobs to somthing to kill AV faster...
    kind of funny yet absurd AV is still such a mystery. who is willing to bet the answer is obvious(obviously rediculous) if you think about it long enough. id say it should be somthing to do with virtues/storyline/promithia-stuff but who knows it could be somthing dumb like have all pre-urgan jobs engaged at once(since it uses all those 2hrs) to make it real easy.
    but somehow people locked it before....
    ok
    idk
    maybe
    it
    is

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Rumors inc.

@ Toth: The fact that the GM bowed to one specific person out of the ~80 that were there and that that particular person just happens to be a member of an opposing shell would suggest that this GM didn't just show up on a whim to check out the progress of the fight.

It really doesn't matter tho. Like I said earlier, S.O.P. for fairy. I think just about everyone is used to it by now.

Yeah, I expected it, which was why we didn't use the footprint to hold it, not because of some moral objection to it. I hardly see much difference between having people pointlessly sack the thing and lose XP (or even doing it on level 1 jobs) so that a group can actually prepare to fight it and having a person hold it at the footprint for the same purpose.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I take it this strategy didn't go well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    How to Enfeeble Absolute Virtue.
    The regen effect will be cut in half by defeating as many of the Ru'phuabos, Qn'xzomits, and Qn'hpemdes summoned by the Jailer of Love as possible. In addition, using an elemental based attack that corresponds to the current day of the week (i.e. using Fire spells on Firesday) will stop the remaining regen effect.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Funny thing is GM didnt even mention the footprint...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...s/Griefing.jpg

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Krysas
    Funny thing is GM didnt even mention the footprint...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...s/Griefing.jpg
    Rofl. Is it even possible to deal dmg to AV nowaday that arent regen'd in 30sec lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnuld
    I take it this strategy didn't go well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    How to Enfeeble Absolute Virtue.
    The regen effect will be cut in half by defeating as many of the Ru'phuabos, Qn'xzomits, and Qn'hpemdes summoned by the Jailer of Love as possible. In addition, using an elemental based attack that corresponds to the current day of the week (i.e. using Fire spells on Firesday) will stop the remaining regen effect.
    Their strategy doesnt make sense, was tried and didnt give result. It just seem like an awful mistranslation of how to fight JoL, something we already knew.

1) Jol doesn lose his regen after losing a few pets
    2) JoL change his elemental weakness every few min, and you can tell from the spell it is casting

Their strategy doesnt make sense, was tried and didnt give result. It just seem like an awful mistranslation of how to fight JoL, something we already knew.

1) Jol doesn lose his regen after losing a few pets
    2) JoL change his elemental weakness every few min, and you can tell from the spell it is casting
    It's saying that killing JoL pets and nuking corresponding to the current day stops Absolute Virtue's regen not Jailer of Love's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Rofl. Is it even possible to deal dmg to AV nowaday that arent regen'd in 30sec lol
    The damage we did do was benedictioned back anyway. We did stop its regen or at least cut it down a bit. Just had a few repeated attempts at getting it down 8-9% each time when the ally was unweak.

The enfeebling thing they gave us is useless anyway because who doesnt kill the Ru'phuabos, Qn'xzomits, and Qn'hpemdes summoned by the Jailer of Love? Lets leave them there and get killed instead! knp. Its just something that is done regardless.

I dont like AV in that respect. its a pop NM, so technically you should be able to do what you want with it unless you are malicously actually keeping it alive to prevent another shell popping JoL or whatever. We were tring stuff and doing damage when ally became unweak etc. Until they fix it or whatever people will continue to do this to try different things. If it was a 100% pop as well it wouldnt be such a big deal either as you could try something "new" each time if you wanted, in this case it was out first AV pop from 4 JoLs so was worth giving some of the strategies mentioned around the internet a stab.

Like someone said earlier, if someone actually cared enough to claim it they could have seeing as it was sitting about yellow for quite some time while we unweakend. Yet people seemed content to watch us try and kill it for a few hours anyway and GM us for the sake of it dispite having no actual interest in the mob itself.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

We sealed his regen np last time we fought, but kept wiping @Chainspell Aeroga IV etc.

ya lol exactly. The regen isnt the issue, its the insta face rapage whenever he feels like it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah seriously learn2read. That says how to weaken his regen, and it works just fine. Last I checked, his regen wasnt the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by niisse
    ya lol exactly. The regen isnt the issue, its the insta face rapage whenever he feels like it.
    But if you can stop the regen you can chip at it over time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    It doesn't stop the regen tho. Just goes from 'omgwtf' regen to like normal NM regen. And it bene's at will as often as it pleases.

Throw in manafont meteors or chainspell aeroga4/tornado2 and it just makes it seem unpossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Whytewolf
    It doesn't stop the regen tho. Just goes from 'omgwtf' regen to like normal NM regen. And it bene's at will as often as it pleases.

Throw in manafont meteors or chainspell aeroga4/tornado2 and it just makes it seem unpossible.
    Well if what was said by SE is true (still not sure on this) then half of the regen is taken by JoL summons and half by JoL elemental day nuking. full regen-half regen-other half regen=no regen

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well if what was said by SE is true (still not sure on this) then half of the regen is taken by JoL summons and half by JoL elemental day nuking. full regen-half regen-other half regen=no regen
    Are you dense or did you not read the last part about him benedicting?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Like I said, regen is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco

Are you dense or did you not read the last part about him benedicting?
    Quote Originally Posted by niisse
    We got it to 91% I think, (couldnt tell was dead at the time) on the best attempt, locked it a couple of times blah blah.. usual crap. GM didint do anything or say anything in /say. Just jailed one person who co-operated and was realeased 20 minutes later.
    If we can kill the regen completely and lock it we have a new hope in AV killing. Unless I'm totally misreading 'locking' it.

think we established that the regen is able to be reduced to manageable rate.

Its the Benediction(s) curveball that runs this at bat to a full count constantly.

Old Merits
    BG Level

When AV died the very first time on any server by killing it in some sort of glitchy way, it was my (mostly serious) opinion that the mob had no drops, and was NEVER supposed to be killed. It was simply there to screw with the players and for the programmers to lol at XP loss. "hey guys we got AV to 87%!" "oh yea? we got it to 84%!" "WTF PWN!"

We know now that it does have drops, but I still believe that SE Doesn't reallly intend for it to be killed. I think it's a joke mob, and I think it's just there for their own entertainment.

Any mob that can not be killed in a short burst and can use benediction at will is effectively impossible.

Obviously there is a trick to the mob. Every other mob in the game is beatable relatively easily. When KV was first added people thought it was impossible. Now it's just cake. People 6man jorm. Yet this mob, that has arguably pretty average drops, is utterly impossible STILL.

Clearly, people need to click on AV and input thier Doctor status password and it will just fall over dead.

If we can kill the regen completely and lock it we have a new hope in AV killing. Unless I'm totally misreading 'locking' it.
    He just means that they stalled it at the footprints while they regrouped and recovered.

Probably noobish, but didn't Jailer weapons stop its two-hours?

OK shoot me if I'm wrong/stupid/living in 2005