The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Pan's Labyrinth

Is the version showing in the US in Spanish, or did they dub it over to english. All the otrrents i've found are subbed . Looks really good, but god, i hate reading subtitles and trying to enjoy a movie at the same time. Anyone actually watched it and can elaborate on whether or not it's good >.>

It is in Spanish and it is definitely worth watching even if you hate subtitles.

Definitely planning on seeing this opening night.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It is pretty good, though granted I didn't have to read any subtitles so that may be a bad thing for some, but it is a very good movie. You won't notice when you're reading the subs and then they'll magically fuse with you watching the movie . I figure you mustn't be used to reading them and that's why it bothers you, but it'll go away

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

lolPanocha's Labyrinth. (Movie looks retarded) I wouldn't be able to force myself to give it a try.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

movie was fucking awesome.

aside from the pale man. supposed to be scary...made me laugh.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Downloading now. >_>

139th place on IMBD is not bad.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430/

very very good movie, quite sad but well told. The ending may not come as a shock but it is sad...

Saw it today and it is pretty good. Definitely worth seeing.

That monster on the second task is so fucking awesome. Only really stupid thing about the movie was when the girl did something on the second task that made you go:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I had heard this movie was good so I watched the HBO special on it this weekend. Looks like my kind of movie. Can't wait to see it.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Finally watched the it this morning. Great movie, ending was spectacular.

I watched this last night. I thought it was amazing. I liked how they combined fantasy and history, and I thought the visuals were beautiful. The acting was also very well done, and I cried a few times

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The monster from the second task was creepy, until it put it's hands on it's face, then it just made me laugh.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Saw it last night; absolutely amazing. It's rare I have such a moving theatrical experience, especially from a foreign-language film (subtitles create a barrier between myself and the suspension of disbelief). The contrast in themes between the 'happily ever after' fairytale expectations and the grim realities of life and death in our own world is used to such great effect. I left feeling extremely depressed, but after thinking of the final scene (where the fig tree buds and blooms a single new flower) I felt that not all sacrifices are vain and that the world will continue on even though our own stories may come to an abrupt end.

I was, however, surprised a bit at the frank depiction of violence in the movie. I throughly enjoyed it; not in a gruesomely titillated way, but in the film makers' desire to show the audience the brutal reality of violence and death. The theater was pretty packed, especially for a Tuesday night, and was mostly made up of 17-30 year old's. There was a log of squirming and gasping to the torture, shooting, and stitching of the cheek shots. (my girlfriend especially ) It didn't really phase me per se, but after my degree in Military History and the History of Warfare has kind of desensitized me to these images - though the greater meaning of death and the political climate in which the movie is set still rings very true and clear.

PS: At the very end where Capt. Vidal gets shot in the head, kudos to the gfx guys for showing the trauma in his right eye that would show there after taking such a hit from a small caliber weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by dietvanillapepsi
    Saw it today and it is pretty good. Definitely worth seeing.

That monster on the second task is so fucking awesome. Only really stupid thing about the movie was when the girl did something on the second task that made you go: :roll:
    She got away with disobeying and opening the wrong lock the fairies instructed for her to open-- So she figured just a bite would be fine. It makes sense to me, and it's not an uncommon lesson learned in fairy tales.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Great movie. I'd see it again.

Did anyone else applaud when Mercedes stuck her knife in the Vidal's mouth?

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Bwelch
    Did anyone else applaud when Mercedes stuck her knife in the Vidal's mouth?
    I was kind of pissed she didn't kill him outright then and there.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

uh, this movie is in spanish?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You're in Spanish.

Yes.