Closed Thread
Page 1173 of 1223 FirstFirst ... 1123 1163 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1183 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach     submit to reddit submit to twitter

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ninjafox View Post
    I don't remember the chapter exactly, but did Ken ever say bankai when he was fighting imagination nation?
    Never, he only uttered the sword's name (for the first time).

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Whoever called out that Yachiru = Kenny's Sword g fucking g on that one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Forgive me if I stand by what I said earlier.

In Manga Stream's translation, all she says is "C'mon out! Sanpo Kenjuu," which doesn't seem like a release at all:

Similarly MangaPanda's shittier translation just says "Come Out! Sanpo Kenjuu":
    http://i2.mangapanda.com/bleach/571/bleach-4826753.jpg

"Sanpo Kenjuu" (Three-Step Sword Beasts) is not the name of the shikai release, but the zanpakuto itself. The creatures are named Lumpy ("Moko Moko"/Front Beast) and Boney ("Hone Hone"/Rear Beast).

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Nah if you go a few chapters back she definitely had a release for that shikai and it even had a name.

I don't care for the logics of it all. Kubo may or may not explain it, but at very least you're right with Isane. Kubo planted the seed with it being unique through her. Didn't the zanpaktou filler strongly hinted at Yachiru too? I wanna say there was an episode where one of the zanpaktou spirits reacted weirdly to her, but to lazy to find out lol.
    I remember Mayuri's zanpaktou's poison had no effect on Yachiru or Kenpachi; although I forgot why.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Jesus, that was her release command. Come on now.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That sounds a lot like a release command...
    Some examples:

#12: Renji’s “Howl, Zabimaru!”
    #11: Yumichika’s “Bloom, Fuji Kujaku!”
    #9: Byakuya’s “Scatter, Senbonzakura.”
    #7: Gin, “Shoot to kill, Shinso!”
    #6: Aizen’s “Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu!”
    #5: Hitsugaya’s “Reign over the frosted heavens, Hyorinmaru!”
    #4: Yachiru's "C'mon out! Sanpo Kenjuu,"
    #3: Soi Fon’s “Sting all enemies to death, Suzumebachi!”
    #2: Yamamoto’s “Burn all creation to ash, Ryujinjakka!”

Spoiler: show
    Matter of fact, sounds so much like a release, you didnt notice i ninja added it to the list i found on google about notable releases in bleach!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah for real. There's absolutely no reason to think it wasn't a release command.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I respectfully disagree with all of you! In saying that, it seems to me like she's simply made the creatures "visible" to the opponent.

But this is a semantic issue, and I'll concede if it makes everyone feel better.
    Let's be friends.

inb4 his bankai makes the sword go back to looking like the non released chipped sword and he was in bankai the whole time but didn't know. >.>

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    I respectfully disagree with all of you! In saying that, it seems to me like she's simply made the creatures "visible" to the opponent.

But this is a semantic issue, and I'll concede if it makes everyone feel better.
    Let's be friends.
    I agree. She was already using the power (to hit everything, even if it dodges) before she said the words. If those were her release words, it shouldn't have been doing that special ability before hand.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

inb4 Kubo is sick again and no chapter next week

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    inb4 Kubo is sick again and no chapter next week
    This is the highest point Bleach will ever attain and is secretly the last chapter. Next week we will learn of Kubos disappearance.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also the sword the furry one is holding looks a lot like Kenpachi's new meat cleaver. But so do many swords in Bleach.

Also, yah, she was using her "Shikai" power before what you guys are saying her release command is, Is there precedence for that in Bleach? I honestly can't remember, but Im pretty sure the answer is no.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    I agree. She was already using the power (to hit everything, even if it dodges) before she said the words. If those were her release words, it shouldn't have been doing that special ability before hand.
    Bad logic is bad.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What is flawed about that line of reasoning? The sword had exactly the same abilities both before and after she chose to "reveal" it to the enemy.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Bad logic is bad.
    I asked last page cause I dont remember and maybe you do since you seem sure here.. is there precedent, in Bleach, of people using Shikai abilities before releasing their Shikai? If not, I'm curious why you think its bad logic...

BG Level

Renji.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Renji.
    I can't think of a time where I haven't heard or saw him scream "Howl, Zabimaru !" before his sword went Chain mode, or he said it after his sword was already in chain mode on screen/page. If he's just in Shikai when we see him at the beginning of a fight/Chapter, I think its implied he released before seeing him.

But the argument is she is saying her supposed "Release Command" after its released and used... While as I edited below I can find instances of Shikai release without command (usually due to bonds etc), I can't find any instances of anyone saying their release command while their weapon is already in a released state (Outside of "Here's how my power works". What we're saying is its not usual for anyone to use their >Release< command after their Shikai is already released and in use.

Edit: Found something that correct my previous assumption of him not screaming Howl Zabimaru (and I guess its been a long time since I last watched Bleach...)

"Renji activates his Shikai without using its release command in order to prevent Byakuya from activating his own Shikai"

Early chapter. So I can correct that above. So if its not already obvious I'm not working here under the assumption I am correct, I'm working under the assumption you can provide evidence you are

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

What if it is something like Yumichika only doing a partial release with his shikai? She uses part of their abilities without a full release, hence making them not visible early on.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    What if it is something like Yumichika only doing a partial release with his shikai? She uses part of their abilities without a full release, hence making them not visible early on.
    From what I read his is special in a way, he has a true release command and one that's.. Insulting? Here

Shikai: The Shikai command as Fuji Kujaku is "Bloom" (咲け, sake; "Bloom for Me" in the English adaptations). When referred to by its true name, Ruri'iro Kujaku's command becomes "Split and Deviate"
    So unless I'm misunderstanding you, its not so much he has access to abilities when its not released, its more... he insults his blade so its sulky and weakened? Also it implies he has two "release" commands, a false "Insult" one that is more melee oriented to hide the fact his Blade is a Kido blade which the 11th division frowns on, and his true one.

Logic in Bleach is hard.

I still believe Yachiru was literally telling them to become visible, not releasing them... but with Kubo its whatever, I'm content waiting and reading.