Closed Thread
Page 1221 of 1223 FirstFirst ... 1171 1211 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 LastLast

Thread: Bleach     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So where's the articles or videos with how any of this relates to Kubo. I'm genuinely interested.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Paraphrasing, but when asked about working with SJ in 2013 or so, Kubo was pretty much, "I don't really like to." Yeah, some of this may have been them trying to dictate changes, but it also goes back to the insane work schedule. Personally, I can relate to the whole "People keep telling me what to draw when I really want to this..." thing. And do be honest, we don't know how much is Kubo being inept or SJ fucking up with their demands here.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Eh I don't know about that. The art in the anime isn't bad at all and Kubo had zero involvement with that. There are lots of talented animators who replicate styles very well.
    I think that kind of replication is easier to achieve going from manga > anime than it is having two artists drawing the same manga, though. It's a lot harder to pick out obvious differences in style in motion than it is going panel by panel.

I don't see the difference, personally. Even animation needs that starting frame to work from.

But really, even if Kubo just did the pencil work and someone else inked could help productivity. Otherwise, there's nothing about his style that screams it can't be replicated with enough practice. I mean, if you pay attention to all his character, he almost Mr. Potato Heads their faces together after a point, and faces are the hardest things to draw on a human followed by hands/feet. Just make a key sheet for eyes, mouths, etc. and assuming the other person is skilled, you're set.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Kubo was definitely the most talented ARTIST out of the big three, but that doesn't mean his style is above mimicry. Maybe it won't all be as beautiful as his personally drawn splash pages where he debuts the new transformation (shikai/bankai/ressurection/quincy power) that he's excited to show, but a manga can't live on JUST the art.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Paraphrasing, but when asked about working with SJ in 2013 or so, Kubo was pretty much, "I don't really like to." Yeah, some of this may have been them trying to dictate changes, but it also goes back to the insane work schedule. Personally, I can relate to the whole "People keep telling me what to draw when I really want to this..." thing. And do be honest, we don't know how much is Kubo being inept or SJ fucking up with their demands here.
    I think the thing was that Kubo proved with the Soul Society arc that, even if his focus wasn't story, he wasn't BAD at it. Sure most of the arc was more just about creating the backdrop for a colorful cast of characters with unique powers, but the Aizen reveal was legitimately great plot.

Kubo's issue is improv. Once he got to the end of Soul Society he was lost and didn't know where else to go but to repeat what he had already done. I think at this point, accepting criticism of SJ editors would have helped a lot.

It is kind of amusing to stop and ponder when/where their influence might be. I mean, imagine if instead of being their allies, the Zero Squad and SK where enemies alongside Bach and a much smaller cadre of SR in a sort of three-way brawl to protect the SK and his potential power. But like with DBZ and the androids/Cell, I could see editors being like, "No, no, no, people have been hyped about the ZS for years! They can't possibly be bad!" and instead of fights where maybe some of the lesser shinigami could've teamed up, we're instead forced into various power up sessions and solo fights that were oftentimes hard to care about.

Otherwise, there are some plot points I'm okay with, like Bach being the root cause of Ichigo's mother dying to the Hollow or Unohana being the Kenpachi way back when. Yamamoto dying to Bach is also an okay motivator to the rest of the group since it hammers home the potential danger of the Quincy. We didn't need an alphabet soup of villains just as we didn't really need the implication there were like hundreds of (failed) Espada. I'll be one of those people who feel Giant Cast-itis is a thing any manga/anime needs to avoid, as it's pretty rare you get the time needed to flesh people out. And that's exactly what we got here with so many missing bankais or even something like why Yoruichi doesn't use a zanpakuto.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

A large cast can be fleshed out if you build them up. The problem is exactly that Kubo kept adding a large cast every arc and then dispatching/discarding them every arc.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think everything was great up until the end of Fakerakura. Everything after has been a disaster.

BG Level

Update: two new novels are coming out that will expand on what happened to the characters during the time skip. One is set to release after Christmas, the other in Spring. It'll be written by Matsubara and Narita (no idea who they are).

Kira confirmed to be undead so far.

sent from the nexus of the emergency department using my AstralTalk™

BG Level

Also apparently Kubo was burnt out and said the only reason he finished was because a terminally ill boy who died begged him to finish it and do the series justice.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Update: two new novels are coming out that will expand on what happened to the characters during the time skip. One is set to release after Christmas, the other in Spring. It'll be written by Matsubara and Narita (no idea who they are).

Kira confirmed to be undead so far.

I'm interested. Any idea of publications that will print or if any official English books to go along with it?

Been rereading the whole thing. As a whole, there are a lot of pieces that make sense. I definitely didn't appreciate it during but it's not all that bad as you keep going.

BG Level

Jump says 2017, apparently.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...spring/.109831

Link to article with some more details

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I will never stop holding out hope for the final arc to be animated.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That ship has sailed sadly.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I will never stop holding out hope for the final arc to be animated.
    It won't. They've already said that.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Never give up. Never surrender!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Glad this was bumped. Soul Society arc is up on Netflix. It's been fun to see how this decade-long journey started.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

When they say novel they mean just a regular book right?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Short answer is yes

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk