Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Mijin Gakure: adds a chance to survive after mijin. hur hur.

Azure should be +10 seconds per merit in my opinion...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why not change that war 2h from Acc to something like double attack+?

No matter what they do to Mijin Gakure, its still pretty useless and I can't see NINs meriting it. What tank in their right mind is going to just blow themselves up in the middle of a fight? None, they always wait until the mobs HP is at 1% and go for the killshot if anything. Beyond that its just a fancy warp.

could just merit time down.. 5 total merits at -12 mins each to make it a 1 hr ability

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedemon
    No matter what they do to Mijin Gakure, its still pretty useless and I can't see NINs meriting it. What tank in their right mind is going to just blow themselves up in the middle of a fight? None, they always wait until the mobs HP is at 1% and go for the killshot if anything. Beyond that its just a fancy warp.
    Shit, I'm tempted to press it all the time...
    It could potentially decrease boredom, I'm sure most LS have more than enough nins to have them spam mijin at some point during the fight

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They could add a Reraise to Mijin with a minimum time before you can use it that goes down with meritting. Then lowered effect/duration of weakness when you get up.

If you could say, merit it to go explodey, wait 45 seconds, Reraise with 75% HP, 125% recast timers, etc for 3 minutes (or whatever), it might have its uses.

BST 2hr, like most anything about BST, is too dependent on pets in the area to be consistent. It'd be nice to add something to ensure a charm on a mob, as currently you have to have a pet already to use Familiar. Unless an Elemental Seal type ability was added for Charm, perhaps having the ability to activate Familiar before charming for a 100% success rate on the first charm might help.
    A high regen rate, enmity adjustment to allow a pet to hold hate better, that sort of thing would be good too.

Didn't SE mention in an Interview a long time ago about changing the Way Perfect Dodge works? Something like "Perfect Dodge is useless when the THF doesn't have hate, so if they don't have Hate it gives them +Crit instead"? I guess that never happened.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Didn't SE mention in an Interview a long time ago about changing the Way Perfect Dodge works? Something like "Perfect Dodge is useless when the THF doesn't have hate, so if they don't have Hate it gives them +Crit instead"? I guess that never happened.
    They were going to give perma-sneak attack to Perfect Dodge (crits from behind during 2hour), I think.

As for BST Familiar, maybe merit it to add levels to the pet and restore its HP.

e.g. you've got a DC/EM pet that's about dead, and you go "oh shit" for some reason, so you Familiar and all of a sudden, your almost dead DC/EM pet becomes a full life T-VT pet.

And yeah, a reraise effect on Mijin would be good, with no weakness. Base effect can be reraise with 10% HP, next merit can be 50% HP and third merit can be 100% HP.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

COR could be simply a chance to have the 2hr not be used. A chance to self reset basically.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Re: Meriting 2-hours....any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    Chainspell
    -Merit: Adds a reduction in spell cost for the duration of Chainspell.
    +1 merit raises reduction by -5%.
    Sup double negative. "+1 merit lowers spell cost by 5%" would make more sense.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    They were going to give perma-sneak attack to Perfect Dodge (crits from behind during 2hour), I think.

As for BST Familiar, maybe merit it to add levels to the pet and restore its HP.

e.g. you've got a DC/EM pet that's about dead, and you go "oh shit" for some reason, so you Familiar and all of a sudden, your almost dead DC/EM pet becomes a full life T-VT pet.

And yeah, a reraise effect on Mijin would be good, with no weakness. Base effect can be reraise with 10% HP, next merit can be 50% HP and third merit can be 100% HP.
    I concur, exploding once every 2 hours would be useful if you can get right back up unweakened....plus if you just want to warp you can click off the Reraise effect and HP.

I thought about the uses Invincible was for and it's hate control could be higher, its extremely difficult to keep hate with Invincible while BLMs and melees are throwing max damage at w/e mob you're fighting. Although a Magic Damage reduction would be hot, but the duration is kinda wack since Chainspell is twice as long.

Perfect Dodge would probably be better if it's hate generation was up there with Invincible and if it gave THFs an Attack bonus or something useful.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

how expensive is this gonna be :/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rentwokay Champignon
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would think merited Mijin Gakure should either lower the attack potential or accuracy of the mob it hits, or maybe even a Bind/Stun effect whose duration increases with merits.

The party's in trouble, and you have to blow yourself up. Your party won't hate you so much for being a coward if it gave them a chance to escape as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Ideally Mighty Strikes merits would give you a haste bonus so that you could feasibly use two-handed weapons and not get screwed.
    I really like this idea but I probly woldn't go out of my way to merit Mighty Strikes for accuracy, the haste or double attack ideas would be really amazing though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'd be nice to combine 2hour effects, too, for people with multiple jobs levelled to 75.

e.g. level MNK, WAR, and DRK to 75 and your 2hour now does Mighty Strikes + Hundred Fists + Blood Weapon. Level BLM, RDM, and THF to 75 and your 2hour now does Manafont + Chainspell + Perfect Dodge. Level PUP, DRG, and BST to 75 and get a gold medal.

..ok, well, while its fun to imagine, I guess I wouldn't want to come across as entirely ZAMish, so scratch that. lol

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    It'd be nice to combine 2hour effects, too, for people with multiple jobs levelled to 75.

e.g. level MNK, WAR, and DRK to 75 and your 2hour now does Mighty Strikes + Hundred Fists + Blood Weapon. Level BLM, RDM, and THF to 75 and your 2hour now does Manafont + Chainspell + Perfect Dodge. Level PUP, DRG, and BST to 75 and get a gold medal.

..ok, well, while its fun to imagine, I guess I wouldn't want to come across as entirely ZAMish, so scratch that. lol
    The thought has crossed my mind many a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia
    Unless an Elemental Seal type ability was added for Charm, perhaps having the ability to activate Familiar before charming for a 100% success rate on the first charm might help.
    Tame increases your charm rate. It's not 100% but its definately a boost.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Medivac
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor
    some are great and well thought of...such as the benefit to chainspell (reducing MP cost, or a "natural" conserve MP would definitely be a bonus here) and the manafont one (Manafont is great at lowbie levels, but loses its punch the higher you get...adding potency always gets a BLM's eyes), etc.

Some really wouldn't be that hot though....I think the refresh idea on benediction isn't as great as say having each upgrade reduce emnity generated by benediction. Just a thought though, in all I really like the idea.

And yeah, we'll never see it. :D
    i seriously hope you didnt just say that manafont is only good at low lvls

Definitely didn't say that "manafont is only good at low lvs". What I said was "it loses some of its punch at higher levels".

Meaning that manafont is easily one of the most potent 2hrs when a BLM's MP is low..say level 40 and lower (maybe less, but we'll just use that number for the sake of demarkation). But as a BLM's reserves are larger, Manafont isn't as powerful comparitively speaking. Hell yes its still powerful! Just not as much. Think of it as an opened bottle of wine...the longer you have that bottle of wine (the longer you level), the more of its flavor it loses. Now Manafont never gets ruined like our opened bottle of wine, but it sure isn't what it was when you were dealing with 200 MP or so compared to 1100.

In comparision, a RDM's Chainspell only gets better with age. Its the closed bottle of aged Bordeaux of 2hrs. Chainspell pretty much sucks pre-convert and refresh except for chainspell-warp in case of emergency (and that takes 34 levels to be fun). There are uses for it before then, but not compared to a level 75 RDM with a nice 1000HP/1000MP Convert ratio and a toolchest full of toys to play with.

To summarize, I wasn't saying that Manafont is only good at lower levels. I was saying that at lower levels, Manafont is probably the most powerful 2 hour in the game, and as the levels progress, it loses that throne. Still strong, but nonetheless a little lackluster.

Whaddya mean my 2-hour is an old bottle of Beadeaux? I ain't been there in ages.

I'd like to see EES actually land for dmg worthy of being called a 2hour rather then the same as sideslug.