Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When they were adding something to Whm 2hr awhile ago,I thought it would have been something like restore some of the users mp.

But knowing Se if they ever did add 3rd set of merits it would prob cost 5 merits.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they were to add 2hour merits, they'd probably offer a choice. e.g. a cap of 3 merits, with say Mighty Strikes options being either +Haste or +Accuracy, and you could put up to 3 merits or a combination thereof in those two categories.

However, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought "Meritting 2hours? Why would we need special 2hours just for meritting?"

But.. if we did have "Meritting 2hours", here's what they could be!

BRD - Soul Pull
    Allows your songs to claim even purple mobs and causes them to follow you regardless of hate; does not affect notorious monsters.

COR - Wild Pop
    Causes the current zone to become repopulated, spawning all recently killed monsters instantly; does not affect notorious monsters.

RDM - Chainkill
    The next monster your party kills will continue your current limit points chain, regardless of how much time has passed since the last monster died.

WAR - Mighty Merits
    The amount of limit points earned by the party is doubled for the duration of the ability.

MNK - Hundred Limits
    Every melee attack for the duration of this ability will earn the party a few extra limit points.

all i want from ninja merits is a damn sneak spell...

and to b able to merit dual wield (yea right).

but yea- why can't we get a sneak spell?!

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by maddadon

Because not being able to hear a Ninja makes too much sense. SE will never do that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Would be cool if we could merit the recast.. Then you couldn't call it a 2 hour!

"Did you use your 1 hour and 45 minutes yet?"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Metah

Because not being able to hear a Ninja makes too much sense. SE will never do that.
    OK, I have a deal for you guys. You get a sneak spell, but it (and Tonko) will now act like mage sneak and invisible, meaning random duration and you can cast it on others. FEEL THE PAIN OF A BILLION MAGES!!!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Metah

OK, I have a deal for you guys. You get a sneak spell, but it (and Tonko) will now act like mage sneak and invisible, meaning random duration and you must cast it on others. FEEL THE PAIN OF A BILLION MAGES!!!!
    im feeling more evil than usual today

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Only good BST 2h would be if you could use it BEFORE you charm a mob, its hard enough to charm a T, it would be nice that a 2h would ENSURE you could charm it, but also could charm an IT, IT++ at most. Dont want to make it too unfair.

Another good BST 2h adjustment would be to have the ability to charm normally uncharmable mobs. Undead, mantis, beastmen, etc.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    there are different things that could be done, like decreasing delay on WAR Mighty Strikes, and the Refresh on Benediction could be like 5mp/tick default and lasts 3 minutes with +1mp/tick for every merit....or Benediction could be like "resets 1 random Job Ability for everyone in party, +1 merit resets 1 more JA"....etc etc
    Lowering weapon delay for War wouldn't give reason to use 2-Handed weapons, just more reason to Dual Wield. Something like "Increases the chance of Double Attack with a 2-Handed weapon" would be good though with the rate going up by at least 20% to make it worthwhile.

Adding a Refresh effect to Benediction won't really help since you lose it when you die anyways. If you want to include MP restoration, it should restore a percentage of MP instantly. That way at least if you die and RR you'll have mp back.

Overall though, the ones that need changing the most seem to be Nin & Thf with Bst and maybe Blu & Pup (not too familiar with the 2hrs of these jobs).

Random idea: Give Nin Perfect Dodge since it's basically the main evasion job (due to Utsusemi) and give Thf a completely new 2hr that would benefit them. At least Nin can make use of PD as a tanking job.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Only good BST 2h would be if you could use it BEFORE you charm a mob, its hard enough to charm a T, it would be nice that a 2h would ENSURE you could charm it, but also could charm an IT, IT++ at most. Dont want to make it too unfair.

Another good BST 2h adjustment would be to have the ability to charm normally uncharmable mobs. Undead, mantis, beastmen, etc.
    I am not a bst so forgive me if this idea is stupid but what if bst 2hr auto spawned a lvl 75 jug pet (and did not take a jug) that stayed out for the duration of the 2hr then went away when it was over. so you could use your 2hr in areas where there were no charmable mobs...

For me as a thf and a rng I think both 2hrs need help. It is retarded when EES does less dmg than slugwinder.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice idea's.

I think the 2 hours are old and are in need of review. Lets be honest - who uses Ninja 2 hour for anything but HP Warp?

-Enmity on bene would be nice, although generally in end game situations it doesn't really pull hate. Maybe additional feature like 'Resets Hate' would be droolage though. I'm always up for BLM +potency >.>

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut

I am not a bst so forgive me if this idea is stupid but what if bst 2hr auto spawned a lvl 75 jug pet (and did not take a jug) that stayed out for the duration of the 2hr then went away when it was over. so you could use your 2hr in areas where there were no charmable mobs...
    Depends what kind of mob it spawns. BST 2h is kinda nifty, but its rarely ever useful. The 2h can last up to 30mins, and usually you can only make use of it for 5mins max. Unless the pet had a strong autoregen or couldnt be damaged, it would die after 1.5mobs at most (assuming youre fighting equivelent or stronger mobs). The power boost the 2h currently gives is also pretty weak.. id say about 10%

I like the idea of a 2h that would spawn a jug free pet, but depends what mob it would be and what kind of stats it had.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut

Depends what kind of mob it spawns. BST 2h is kinda nifty, but its rarely ever useful. The 2h can last up to 30mins, and usually you can only make use of it for 5mins max. Unless the pet had a strong autoregen or couldnt be damaged, it would die after 1.5mobs at most (assuming youre fighting equivelent or stronger mobs). The power boost the 2h currently gives is also pretty weak.. id say about 10%

I like the idea of a 2h that would spawn a jug free pet, but depends what mob it would be and what kind of stats it had.
    From what I've noticed about Familiar is doesn't appear to be a boost based on percentage. Its probably just adding 2-3 levels to your current pet, and refilling the exact amount of HP it gained in the HP boost.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well if you think about it, 2 or 3 levels is about a 10 or 15% increase in that regard. But yeah, I dont really know, ive used it all of 2 times in my trip to 75.

Banned.

BG Level

Rather than merits, I think if anything should augment the power of 2hrs, it should be a JSE item that SE can place as a reward to something if they get lazy/run out of ideas... like a sequel to the solo ENM or a Dynamis-like thing.

On the other hand, some two hours needs to be either replaced entirely or changed in a manner that makes their effect much more noticeable or desirable.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    Adding a Refresh effect to Benediction won't really help since you lose it when you die anyways.
    -enmity Bene = win. what hate?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well if you think about it, 2 or 3 levels is about a 10 or 15% increase in that regard. But yeah, I dont really know, ive used it all of 2 times in my trip to 75.
    Familiar is more useful for NMs and burning circles and such like that. Its definately not the worst two hour, but yeah, it could use a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun
    Maybe a % chance of avoiding death after Mijin Gakure like what mobs do lol
    luwl
    but i'll take it

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

For Benediction, I'd place some merit into a perfect status removal ability :

1st merit : Benediction fires off 100%, even while paralysed
    2rd : bene removes Charm status
    3rd : Benediction removes the KO status

But well, the first 2 merits should be just fixed, not a merit pretext imo.

For the others options, enmity gain from bene it isn't ~so bad depending of the situation. So I guess I'd go with the refresh effect.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    Overall though, the ones that need changing the most seem to be Nin & Thf with Bst and maybe Blu & Pup (not too familiar with the 2hrs of these jobs).

Random idea: Give Nin Perfect Dodge since it's basically the main evasion job (due to Utsusemi) and give Thf a completely new 2hr that would benefit them. At least Nin can make use of PD as a tanking job.
    mijin is good for getting killshot SS. and also has the effect of treasure hunter +100000000000000000.

look at the screenshots forum under the alla thread. its also good for mijin rotation on kirin.