Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Tues/Sats are bad on Alexander. Often have plans changed at the last minute. Some shell leaders try and co-operate but new shells pop up a lot and are oblivious or don't give a damn about ensuring everyone gives a shot.

CoP dynamis seems relatively unthreatened but of course it's an enormous money sink.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We have been running at 8 ls's on a wed and sun on Lakshmi for a long long time and last week a 9th ls formed to run on a sunday & wed too /sigh. Technically there is only 9 zones available (not counting Tav due to very few ls's having access) which means every zone is taken and if your not fast your last on Lakshmi with some ls's missing out altogether or having to do CoP zones since 1/2 the ls's on Lakshmi never enter a CoP zone. We have a calendar that around 5 of the ls's use however the remainder of the ls's don't and for the last few months its been constant drama and zone holding/stealing. This new ls is just going cause more problems now and I don't think they realise how bad it is. SE really need to add a patch making it that 2 ls's can enter at once like Salvage. Its getting completely ridiculous now to try and enter the zone you actually want to do ;;

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know Wednesday and Saturday is hellish here on Garuda. Actually had competition for a CoP Dynamis recently.

For some reason Glacier has a massive demand here; our last 10 or so attempted runs there it's been us and one or two other shells there. It always comes down to who has the nerve to break the glass earliest and waste some of their farming time. A shell broke with four people present on Wednesday, and had less than an alliance in there a half hour later...

We tried to use the calender... but one of the HNMLSs refuses to use it, on the basis their leader will do whatever he wants, rest of the server be damned.

Oh, and some of the other linkshells were using it as a method to see if someone else was planning on doing the zone they wanted, so they could get people there early and enter 15-30 minutes in advance of that.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by jibini
    We tried to use the calender... but one of the HNMLSs refuses to use it, on the basis their leader will do whatever he wants, rest of the server be damned.
    Sounds like Osiris...

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Sounds like Osiris...
    We have an LS that does the same. They usually pick a zone nobody is doing now but in the past they just didn't care. They were one of the older shells and the leader told me they didn't have to use the calendar site because that was "their" time slot. One time they changed zones and tried to take a zone from me. Only time I have ever had to say fuck you and hold the zone. It was Glacier and our first run there in like 2 months due to getting city keys for a bunch of ppl. We ended up running out of time just before Mega but it was the first time for most of the shell in Ice. We got like 6 AF2 and I got my BLM Coat on the second mob. ^^ Everyone passed to me cause I paid for the raid just to get in before the other shell.

Otherwise Wed/Sat seems pretty busy on Ifirt. A bunch of really small shells have formed and other then them being selfish on the calendar there aren't many problems. I've seen a LS try to schedule an Ice zone every run for a month before and had to talk to them for awhile to get them to back down. Would be very nice if SE could make it so 2 LS could enter. That's really all you need, rarely are there more then 2 LS's trying to enter the same zone.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

In my Linkshell we do our runs on Monday and Thursday and I can't remember ever seeing any competition. Though from other shells I've been in I have memories of fighting over zones.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

yeah

Gotta agree with Ibi here.. things are heating up on Garuda again now.

Its .. odd though.. things seem to go in cycles.. we will have 2-3 months of crazy heavy competition between Diabolic EDI and Demo, AND 3-4 minor shells, and then it all just suddenly vanishes.

Things will be good for another 2-3 months and then the cockwaggling and shit talking starts again.

Somewhat amusing.. mostly not.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Yeah I have noticed Fairy has gotten too packed on these days. My LS, LP (or Last Dynamis) has been going Weds nights and Sunday afternoon runs since last early summer. We only had Nystul's LS (WcW) and HK (which I think broke?) as our competition. Lately now, there are too many
    nope still kicking & screaming, except we do wed/sat, so we probably only piss nystul off one day a week instead of two

<3

On Cerberus been doing the same 2 days for the better part of 2 years and never really had any problems at all. I guess were just lucky.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

On Sylph my linkshell hosts a Dynamis forum for all leaders to post their scheudles. For example this is a section from January:

Saturday, January 20:
    12:00PM - Vi: Xarcabard
    12:00PM - T3: Jeuno
    2:00PM - LS: Glacier
    5:30PM - AXI: Sandy
    5:30PM - AF: Jeuno
    5:30PM - Sp: Glacier
    6:30PM - Dy: Glacier
    7:00PM - Pho: Windy
    8:30PM - TM: Sandy
    9:00PM - BC: Jeuno
    9:00PM - LL: Xarcabard
    10:00PM - HKS: Bastok

Tuesday, January 23:
    7:00PM - Vi: Glacier
    7:00PM - Pho: Jeuno
    7:00PM - LS: CoP Zone
    7:30PM - AF: Sandy
    7:30PM - AXI: Xarcabard
    9:00PM - LL: CoP Zone

It makes everything much easier.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Or you could just use the website made for everyone!

http://dynamiscalendar.com

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I always thought they should make it so that for every win (key item) you pick up after your first victory, you should be able to trade that key item for an item from that zone (af2, currency, mats, relic shit, or gil). That way you'd see 2-3 shells teaming up to get 64 people per run instead of shells trying to fuck each other out of runs, even when they only bring 15-20 people each. Oh, and I'm not bitter about not seeing a blm af2 hat in 44 xarca runs either.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know Wednesday and Saturday is hellish here on Garuda.
    Quoting myself and all but let's examine tonight:

My shell's plan: Xarcabard, back up of Glacier, second back up of Jeuno.

Get to Xarcabard, FromTheAshes are there. They break glass.

Gatelord's LS are already in Glacier.

Go to Jeuno, are about five minutes from breaking and EDI, who were also planning on going to Xarcabard, slide in and break glass in front of our entire linkshell.

Yeah, Dynamis on Garuda is fun.

Edit: Oh, and they apparently do bother to plan Dynamis in advance and post which they're on they're forum... they're just above using the calender along with the rest of us mere mortals.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Problem with Sylph is that all the shells are now 20-30 people. If a couple could combine then would achieve a lot more. With 20 you constantly need the right people/jobs to turn up.

I certainly think salvage has impacted our attendances recently.

I`ll agree Garuda is nasty, and it`s not just Saturday and Wednesday, Starless says Sunday is packed as well. And there`s 2 or 3 JP LSs that are scheduled to enter right after some NA shells on Saturday nights.

Go to Jeuno, are about five minutes from breaking and EDI, who were also planning on going to Xarcabard, slide in and break glass in front of our entire linkshell.

Yeah, Dynamis on Garuda is fun.

Edit: Oh, and they apparently do bother to plan Dynamis in advance and post which they're on they're forum... they're just above using the calender along with the rest of us mere mortals.
    Dude, you're just clueless. I'm not in EDi anymore (and thank god I don't have to torture myself with Dynamis twice a week either nowadays) so I couldn't care less but seriously, have you ever realized that people like you and Tyra made that stupid calendar and literally "stole" our time slot on Saturday and Wednesday without asking anything?

I had to skip so many snow runs (to do Jeuno for the 186th time) and do Dynamis at impossible times (due to runs getting delayed because the usual random LS zoned in 10 minutes before us, knowing our habits, aggravating the situation of my already FFXI unfriendly timezone) because new LS kept forming, claiming for themselves our zones preaching the incontrovertible truth of the sacred Dynamis calendar even though we used the same time and days for almost a year before someone else bothered making another decent LS capable of doing 4 runs in a row without breaking and/or wiping at Bastok chocobo stables every single time (with the exception of Persistance).

If you don't respect the older linkshells that have been there for a while before you how can you expect them to use your fucking calendar; Virgil is an unrespectful ass even when he doesn't have a valid reason and we all agree about this but he's doing exactly what I would do if I was EDi leader, kicking your ass whenever I get a chance.

Because you are at fault here.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/sigh

Another noob LS cheated us out of our DL run today. They even showed up 6 hours earlier than last week. It really is getting out of hand.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

heh

Searain.. when has Diabolic ever wiped in Bastok.

I also have to comment, a Dynamis shell that's been around for well over a year, probably isn't a noob shell.

I mean.. Dynamis Lord kills and tavnazia Access is generally a good mark of "not noob"

To go further, yes.. you are EXACTLY RIGHT. The Dynamis Calander, which we OBVIOUSLY created, is a really goddamn selfish idea. I mean the goddamn nerve of us hoping that Dynamis shells could coordinate somewhat.

And yes, obviously we should have bowed down really low and begged the great Virgil for times to do Dynamis on. I mean, we should all pay homage to his outstanding wisdom and greatness as it stands, so it only stands to reason we should beg his permission to take part in Dynamis.

... dude.. you really never change.

Re: heh

Quote Originally Posted by tyraravenlocke
    Searain.. when has Diabolic ever wiped in Bastok.
    WOOOOOSH

I was talking about Luminarians or w/e, Burrito and Everlastingsky (reborn), yours is a pretty good LS nowadays (you have killed DL a couple times too and unlocked Tav, haven't you?) and so is Starless'; doesn't mean that when the calendar was established you (I have nothing personal against you actually, you've accomplished a lot even just with the troupe) or anyone else had the rights to pick the days and times we used for a long while just coming out of nowhere exhibiting your self-created calendar as proof and my point stands correct.

Of course I haven't changed, I'm still one of the very few people on our server with enough balls to voice his opinion, popularity has never been my primary concern, really.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

whoooosh!

We didn't create the calendar... which is the point I was trying to make.

we just thought.. it would be a nice and CIVIL idea to use it.