BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis on your server     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Dynamis on your server

Is it just Fairy?

At 8:30pm est on every sunday and wednesday, ever single non-cop zone is either occupied or there is a group about to enter. Check at 9- Xarc, BCD, jeuno, windy, bastok, sandy all occupied. Every week. No gilsellers, no groups splitting forces and doubling runs.

Is it just our server? It seems like every month a new group shows up and says "hey! Lets do dyna on sun/wed! WHOO!! We'll just go in an hour earlier than other people so we can go wherever we want!!"

My ls has gone Wed/Sun at the same time since dynamis began and our efforts to schedule iwth other shells- to make any kind of arrangements so we can actually plan runs ahead of time rather than just taking whatever is not already occupied- is well recieved until the other shell feels like changing it's mind or camping a king late or whatever comes up. Since there are no ramifications for breaking this agreement, there is nothing that can be done, and the idea of "getting back" at another shell by blowing a mil to ass them out was cute until SE took the time to specifically state it's against the TOS.

Anyway, I'm just venting and bitching but I am curious if there is such a huge problem on other servers or if fairy is, again, special in it's amount of shittyness.

Comically- my friends and I picked fairy when we started years ago because we figured it would be less populated because people wouldn't want to play on a server with that name. AHAHAHAHAHA selfowned.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Iunno, I lead an european dynamis shell... we're the only ones that enter at that time, any day ofthe weak, so we're rather free in our choices xD

But I do believe the NA shells on Quetzalcoatl have the same problem. Atleast there's quite a lot of talk about people "stealing" zones.

Saturday evening on Asura is pretty brutal for dynamis now.

We have even had some CoP dynamis zone conflicts recently.

its more or less everyone saying, "hey lets start our own dynamis ls to get phat loot for ourselves despite only being able to get 20 or less peopel from shouting"

easy solution would be instancing dynamises but as we all know square aint gonna fix what aint broken

Phoenix had this problem a while ago, which is why a while ago I invited all of the Dynamis LS leaders to start reserving zones ahead of time on our calendar. This seems pretty standard these days.

I think Phoenix is different than a lot of servers though. Most of the linkshells on our server that go to Dynamis are Dynamis-only shells, so there is very little HNMLS drama between the shell leaders, and even when there is, the leaders are respetful enough to set aside their differences for the greater good (hell, a lot of our Dynamis shells have members from 3 or 4 different HNMLS). The fact that most shells are Dynamis-only also means that things like king camps rarely interfere with scheduling. I think we're really lucky in that regard. That doesn't mean that we don't occasionally have the new shell that refuses to comply, but with the HNMLS drama factor out of the picture, it's usually only a matter of time before we convince them that it's for their own sake as much as it is ours. Those that still refuse to work with everyone else tend to fail within a month or two, so they end up being a non-factor anyway.

To answer your question, Wednesdays and Sundays are pretty packed on our server, but we don't really have much trouble dealing with it. I think it's funny that on Asura it's Saturday instead of Sunday. I think that those packed days, for some reason, have a lot to do with what days the original NA groups went on each server.

Old Merits
    BG Level

It's the same on Kujata. New shells pop up all the time and start putting themselves on the schedule. Sometimes it isn't long before they disappear, but some stay on. Trying to get clears for newer members is a pain. It becomes a giant rush to who can put themselves on the calendar first.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

When we first started, we were the only ones on our timeslot, after a bit another LS came, we just worked stuff out with them, another LS moved time schedule to it then left, and recently another one came up.

For my monday, it's only us and another LS, but recently a third LS popped up too, but they seem to be just aiming for cities so we'll have alot of ice whoring for a while.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My LS goes Sunday/Wednesday and of late it's been pretty nice. The 3 Sunday shells go at 12 PST/3 PST/5:30 PST, so we don't have very much overlap. Wednesday we mostly go at the same time, but we just work out ahead of time who is taking what zone.

Old Merits
    BG Level

yea you know we tried to do the scheduling thing but literally like 4 new shells have been created lately. It's insane. Sometiems a shell splits in half, sometimes a new one of random people forms. Between the new people that have no interest in setting up a schedule and the older shells that will change zone last minute because they didn't get enough signups or camped a king late or whatever, it's basically degraded into first come first serve. Not to mention the shells that say "this is our schedule and we're not going to be flexible. You schedule around US, get bent."

I don't know why SE does everything they can to shuttle people through to level 75 as fast as possible but has no interest in relieving any of the endgame congestion.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

My LS does Dynamis every Tuesday (20:00) and Saturday (17:00) - so far we've encounter other groups maybe once or twice.

And we've been playing like this about 2.5 years now. (DynamisProject LS on Ramuh).

Yeah theres alot of late night shells on the Sunday wednesday times for some reason, I have my shell inside by 7:30 8pm the latest and constantly get tells from other shells asking how long we have left

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Our LS does Wed/Sat but most of the NA Dyna shells (except like, 2) work on one schedual for all shells that go Tues/Wed/Sat/Sun so people don't screw with each other. During the weeks things are usually calm, but on weekends, it's common for JP to bump people, so the NAs all start bumping each other ~.~

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sunday has always been packed on Bahamut.

People are pretty good about using the schedule, though.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wednesday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday always seem fairly busy on Cerberus for cities. Northlands and CoP areas are usually free.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah I have noticed Fairy has gotten too packed on these days. My LS, LP (or Last Dynamis) has been going Weds nights and Sunday afternoon runs since last early summer. We only had Nystul's LS (WcW) and HK (which I think broke?) as our competition. Lately now, there are too many

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not too bad on Pandemonium. My Dynamis LS does it on Sunday and Wednesdays, 8:00pm EST and there's never any competition.. there's one other LS that does it at the same time we do, but we just schedule around each other. Sometimes we'll do Xarc and they'll do Beauc, and sometimes we'll go the other way around. If we're doing a city dynamis, there may occasionally be a conflict with some random LS wanting to go in at the same time, but it doesn't happen often and there's always another zone open if the one we wanted is taken. CoP dynamis never has any conflicts.

We also have an agreement between LSs to share sky, with a time-share setup for farming days/times so you don't have to be quite so paranoid about ulli. It was only until recently that I hadn't realized other servers were just one giant free-for-all. But seriously, there must be some other servers where people make an attempt to work around each other? Even Pandy isn't perfect in that regard, but there is an active attempt to work with each other that has served us well for the most part.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

On Remora, some idiot starts a Dynamis LS about every other day.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by happydude
    easy solution would be instancing dynamises but as we all know square aint gonna fix what is quite blatantly broken and inconvenient
    Sorry, felt the need to correct.

Nyst, when was the last time we actually planned a Dyna run and got the city we wanted?

We run on Tuesdays and Fridays for the most part. Works out well but we all still agree to use the Dynamis calendar on Ifrit.

When someone comes around and jacks a zone, there's almost 300 people put out by the sudden change of plans, so it doesn't happen again. (Late entry on Friday due to moving locations on Tuesday...)

I think in over 2 years of running a shell on Tuesdays we've been displaced twice. Pretty good overall.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn
    Quote Originally Posted by happydude
    easy solution would be instancing dynamises but as we all know square aint gonna fix what is quite blatantly broken and inconvenient
    Sorry, felt the need to correct.

Nyst, when was the last time we actually planned a Dyna run and got the city we wanted?
    I think we're batting around 1 for our last....8 or 9 runs as a whole. Noob shell displaces other shell who displaces us rather than go to the open zone ebcause it's icelands. blah blah