BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re-questing AF on multiple jobs for upgrades

Ok I think I'm screwed, but here's my situation:

Got bard bits first, did legs. Waiting on Tenemos piece to do hands then that's all I want for Bard. Reopened Bard AF quest and redid Weapon, opened feet, and hands. Got Legs coffer and replaced legs so Bard is all in NPC storage again. Have hands quest ready up to the DS fight to replace when I upgrade those.

Got Nin bits. Did hands. Waiting on Tenemos will do feet and maybe some more pieces not sure. Currently holding all 4 AF1 pieces remaining and AF+1 in inventory.

Currently holding both RDM pieces. Not upgrading due to -inventory issues.

Have one piece of WHM and will do hands one day but not till I find out exactly what a PITA this is gonna be.

My goal here is to have to hold in inventory ONLY my AF+1 pieces, scattered across 4 jobs, and be able to store complete sets still of all my AF1's.

After I do the bard hands (pretty much required to do anything else at this point), will I also have to do Bard feet/body/head over again for no other reason than to be a closed out AF quest list so the NPC in lower will let me erase memories for Nin and or eventually RDM? Or is closure of the hands (borgertz quest) going to be enough?

And then, am I going to have to do every single freaking NIN AF over again even the ones I am not upgrading to get that quest log closed out before I can entertain getting RDM or WHM done?

I realize i could just toss the useless AF1 pieces of the jobs I am upgrading and reduce space that way, but the jobs with the most unwearable stuff is Brd and that one is in storage now.

So, essentially, you have to re-do the entire AF series of a given job in order to open a new series on another job? Including all the non-quest coffers?

Yes I have max inventory everywhere and 4 mules.
    arrgghh

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

As a person with 4 AF+1 hands, I can tell you it's much easier than that.

For each job, I did the following:

1. Reset AF memory
    2. Do AF weapon quest
    3. Begin second AF quest, begin AF hands quest
    4. Go pick locks on AF hands coffer, fight Dark Spark, get AF hands
    5. Make mental note to finish rest of AF quests some day to clear out quest log

That's about it. You can't have multiple hands quests open at the same time, but anything else is fair game.

ETA: The AF reset NPC doesn't care if you have an AF quest in process in regards to your other jobs. For instance, I can't reset my THF AF memories because my THF AF quests are still in progress. You can't forget until you complete them.

However, I can reset the memories for any other job without issue.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ooh so now I get it:

I can reopen Nin/Rdm/Whm any time I damn well please even with Bard open?

However, I cannot open Nin/Rdm/WHM HAND's quests until I finish Bard hands. (which, in hindsight I should not have opened yet but I thought I had to, to open legs coffer which of course is not true...) and I don't even want to upgrade RDM hands so I could actually erase RDM and go do AF1/feet and kill Murphy/doll again pretty easily and be done with that even if I never get my next bard piece?

For some reason I was thinking I cannot reopen more than one job at a time.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Aerides
    However, I cannot open Nin/Rdm/WHM HAND's quests until I finish Bard hands. (which, in hindsight I should not have opened yet but I thought I had to, to open legs coffer which of course is not true...)
    Stopping you right here. Yes, to get artifact pieces that are obtained directly from coffers, your artifact hands quest must be open or completed. You also need to be on the correct job to get the piece. To get the gloves quest, you must have the second artifact quest open.

On the gloves quest itself, you can open the coffer as any job to get the Old Gauntlets.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Eh I got my nin feet without starting my nin hands quest at all

Black Belt
    BG Level

you don't need to start a hands quest unless you want the hands, but once you start it, you pretty much have to finish it or it'll cause other problems.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerides
    However, I cannot open Nin/Rdm/WHM HAND's quests until I finish Bard hands. (which, in hindsight I should not have opened yet but I thought I had to, to open legs coffer which of course is not true...)
    Stopping you right here. Yes, to get artifact pieces that are obtained directly from coffers, your artifact hands quest must be open or completed. You also need to be on the correct job to get the piece. To get the gloves quest, you must have the second artifact quest open.

On the gloves quest itself, you can open the coffer as any job to get the Old Gauntlets.
    You only need to start AF2 to open AF coffers, and you have to be on the right job.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

gloves ^

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You can only have one hands quest open at any time, but you can have any other AF open and just sitting there. When does this matter? Well, when you are opening coffers, and get AF instead of what you were looking for, or, in the case of RDM, if you have the hat quest open, every time you zone into Fei'Yin you will pop Miser Murphy.

I have BLM in various stages of completion when I needed to do my first go at NIN, and it worked fine.

I really do wonder what would happen if you had BRD hands and PLD body open at the same time. Since both are key items from Zhavl...