BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dynamis - Buburimu question

Simple question, does AB use each 2-hour once, or does he loop them (as in, start over) once he uses the last 2-hour?

Just interrested in knowing xD And too much of a chicken to try <.<; I'm guessing he do start over, but I can't be entirely sure...

We're doing it on Thursday after Monday's failed try (got him to 49%, then a melee pulled hate at the wrong time resulting in him breakga'ing us <.<)... so thursday will surely be a win. I just wanted to know if it'd be possible to disable all of his 2-hour by having a THF kite him from the start, thus allowing you to disable all of his normal abilities by killing the dragons only, and let him run out of 2-hours while kiting.

If not we'll just stick to the old strategy. worked great

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Loops and repeats.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

k, thanks we'll stick to the old plan then.

Yeah he loops and repeats in the order of the jobs in the Search > Jobs menu.

If he gets to EES or SAM 2hr(I believe they're the last 2 before he gets to NIN & SMN, I could be wrong on order but i'm at work right now and can't check) and you havn't done too much dmg to him yet/killed him yet, you're in trouble.

Vobent

What about the three new jobs? I'm guessing he doesn't use those.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Doesn't use the new jobs; there aren't NMs with those jobs, so there's no way to disable them.

I know on one run where we were struggling, one of the tanks actually kited AB away when Mijin Gakure and Astral Flow were coming up. We took a few moments to recover, and were ready when AB came back. Managed to get the win, too.

Benediction is the only 2 hour I can think of that you REALLY want to remove, since it resets your progress. Most of the others can be dealt with somehow.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vertabreaker
    Yeah he loops and repeats in the order of the jobs in the Search > Jobs menu.

If he gets to EES or SAM 2hr(I believe they're the last 2 before he gets to NIN & SMN, I could be wrong on order but i'm at work right now and can't check) and you havn't done too much dmg to him yet/killed him yet, you're in trouble.
    we had him to 49% by RDM 2-hour. so damage wasn't really a problem. We only wiped due to RDM.

We plan to use the same strategy, only get the RDM NM aswell to avoid breakga etc. That disables dispelga, graviga, RDM, NIN, SMN and WHM 2-hours. It also makes a rather nice loop, if you do dispelga -> WHM -> NIN -> SMN -> RDM -> graviga. You end up at the south beach with a nice ledge so you can fight him DL style to avoid Body Slam hitting mages. Melees sub NIN, and they'll never get hit by it either.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

hrm...

How many guys are you fighting him with.. cause I'm not sure I understand how wanting him to loop around his two hours would matter to a succeddful strategy.

We kill the two slam dragons, the voidsong drag and the spikes drg.

And we also kill the whm quad...

After doing this he spends so much time spamming tp moves he doesn't actually get to use he dies in like 1-2 minutes max.

I guess if you were 6 manning this it could be an issue, but I'm gonna assume you are not.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Its also timed, i forget the intervals in between. But theres no reason to remove benediction. Just wait until he uses it before begining the zerg.

On a long pull, we've had it benediction before it even got to us, which was nice. We cleared with 17 people that day, all we killed was the dragons. Rdm 2 hour actually ended up helping us. He didnt cast anything that wasnt already on us (sleep/breakga) and it actually gave us time to recover since he didnt melee much. Go figure.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Its also timed, i forget the intervals in between. But theres no reason to remove benediction. Just wait until he uses it before begining the zerg.

On a long pull, we've had it benediction before it even got to us, which was nice. We cleared with 17 people that day, all we killed was the dragons. Rdm 2 hour actually ended up helping us. He didnt cast anything that wasnt already on us (sleep/breakga) and it actually gave us time to recover. Go figure.
    Just kill the Dispel Dragon>>Whm Quad>>Spike Dragon>>BodySlam Dragon>> Heavy Stomp Dragon >> AB

So

Aitvaras (Voidsong NM) >> Gi'Bhe Fleshfeaster (WHM) >> Koschie (Thornsong NM) >> Barong(Body slam) >> Tarasca (Heavy Stomp).

Should have no problem whatsoever and have about 1:20=>1:30 farming time if you do it efficiently... really doesnt take long at all and its pretty hard to wipe. Just have a PLD sentinel or 2hr hundredfists and fight below the cliff near the beach west of Mhaura.

On a long pull, we've had it benediction before it even got to us, which was nice. We cleared with 17 people that day, all we killed was the dragons. Rdm 2 hour actually ended up helping us. He didnt cast anything that wasnt already on us (sleep/breakga) and it actually gave us time to recover. Go figure.
    Are you sure it's timed? our last run, it took AB a while to get from one 2hour to the next(we were waiting for bloodweapon), and I remember even typing in /p "Has he BW'ed yet?"

I might have just not been paying attention as closely as I normally do, but meh, just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor
    we had him to 49% by RDM 2-hour. so damage wasn't really a problem. We only wiped due to RDM.

We plan to use the same strategy, only get the RDM NM aswell to avoid breakga etc. That disables dispelga, graviga, RDM, NIN, SMN and WHM 2-hours. It also makes a rather nice loop, if you do dispelga -> WHM -> NIN -> SMN -> RDM -> graviga. You end up at the south beach with a nice ledge so you can fight him DL style to avoid Body Slam hitting mages. Melees sub NIN, and they'll never get hit by it either.
    We killed in this order:

Aitvaras > Whm NM > tarasca > alklha > stollenworm > AB.

Finished with plenty of time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Re: hrm...

Quote Originally Posted by tyraravenlocke
    How many guys are you fighting him with.. cause I'm not sure I understand how wanting him to loop around his two hours would matter to a succeddful strategy.

We kill the two slam dragons, the voidsong drag and the spikes drg.

And we also kill the whm quad...

After doing this he spends so much time spamming tp moves he doesn't actually get to use he dies in like 1-2 minutes max.

I guess if you were 6 manning this it could be an issue, but I'm gonna assume you are not.
    The reason I asked was 'cause we could have a THF kite him from the start while we head out to kill the NM's. thus not having to worry about 2-hours at all. But that won't work, so we'll just stick to the old strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Minions

Just kill the Dispel Dragon>>Whm Quad>>Spike Dragon>>BodySlam Dragon>> Heavy Stomp Dragon >> AB

So

Aitvaras (Voidsong NM) >> Gi'Bhe Fleshfeaster (WHM) >> Koschie (Thornsong NM) >> Barong(Body slam) >> Tarasca (Heavy Stomp).

Should have no problem whatsoever and have about 1:20=>1:30 farming time if you do it efficiently... really doesnt take long at all and its pretty hard to wipe. Just have a PLD sentinel or 2hr hundredfists and fight below the cliff near the beach west of Mhaura.
    Gonna try that next time we do bubu. On Thursday I wanna try the strategy we have though. Should be able to kill him with about 30 min remaining on the clock if everything goes well

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We don't even bother removing Benediction. We send one guy to shadow AB while everyone else moves and kills Avitaras, Barong and Tarasca (Voidsong, Body Slam, Heavy Stomp).

Its two hour use is definitely timed. We usually let it cycle through Mighty Strikes, Hundred Fists and Benediction before we commence with the slaughter.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    We don't even bother removing Benediction. We send one guy to shadow AB while everyone else moves and kills Avitaras, Barong and Tarasca (Voidsong, Body Slam, Heavy Stomp).

Its two hour use is definitely timed. We usually let it cycle through Mighty Strikes, Hundred Fists and Benediction before we commence with the slaughter.
    Exactly what we do, except we kill the spikes dragon as well.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Huh. We kill 3 of the dragons, the SMN, the WHM and the NIN NM's and then kill AB.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

kinda pointless to kill the smn and nin since they're so far down the list of jobs, and it's unlikely you'll get him to that point.

Old Merits
    BG Level

true

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

We use to have a problem with killing, well twice we lost. But now its become a joke and we can easily rape AB with 18 ppl and minimal "good damage jobs." We kill Dispelga Dragon > WHM NM > Tarasca > Barong, and then while scouting for AB, sometimes the Thornsong Dragon and Stollenwurm. Usually kill him with 30 mins left, and leaves 1hr 30. I dont think he ever gets past using Manafont by the time we kill him. With the exception of the first couple tries where he got to Astral and Mijin lol, which was terrible considering he used Fenrir. =P

What i want to know is, for the Nightmare mobs farming, does any have a full compilation maybe chart of what mobs drop what AF and Accessory the most? I know its not 100% and probably any mob can drop anything, but for the most part i know it seems like certain equip drops from certain mobs. If anyone had a chart or something to that effect that would be awesome. Because we kill Crabs, Dhamels, and Crawlers everytime, and for the most part we get the exact same AF and Accessories. War belt like crazy...........

Search for it, there's a thread that details which mob families drop which items. The only zone that is partially in doubt anymore is Qufim.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We almost wiped once and I had hate as rdm/drk and was able to DoT and kite it while every recovered.. We had of course disabled benediction to make this possible.