Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KS99 Turtle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

KS99 Turtle

Fast question, sorry if this is a little old but questions about strats.

6-8blms i know is good, but how far is melee as far as gaining TP.

also can he be silenced, and what starts you use for this

thx and if this is old post plz point me in right way aka thread

Relic Shield
    BG Level

His evasion is terrible, but only stick 2 melees on him, two that can TP fast. You want them to get 100% TP fast and then turn so BLMs can force him into the shell with a big synchronized nuke. If you keep forcing him into his shell with DoT and melee damage, you're going to lose.

Banned.

BG Level

i dont want to get banninated, but this probably belongs in the other section =x

manaburn it etc

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It can't be silenced, have your melees be ready to eat a waterga or two before it starts going apeshit on your BLMs.

Vobent

It can be silienced, unless you're talking about a differnt ks99 turtle

When we do it we just have 2 sam's do induration I believe. Makes it nice and quick

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The ks99 turtle is silence able. Set up some es silence cycle if you're having trouble silencing it.

Two melee that can do Darkness. Sixteen BLM! The End.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Stinks to melee (stick with SAM or RNG)
    Regen is huge (I suggest rdm/drk for debuffs, enfeeble, try to stun the ga's if possible)
    Can be silenced but wears quickly

We farm this easily with 6 black mages. Ignore people who say to manaburn it because that is actually pretty dumb and risky. Yes it is easy to silence and it can also silence you (echo drops prz).

The strategy is simply.. don't over damage it when it is out of its shell. Let it run around and get mp for your mages.

When the mages are looking good on mp start getting tp and damaging it with melee only. When it is out of a shell melee skull fuck it, my monk does almost 100 damage a punch to it. When it goes in its shell do the skillchain immediately and burst off of it. Use ice. The first round of nukes is usually all it takes to get it to get out, if it doesn't come out nuke again but be careful.

The trick is to have someone observant with a macro to notice the second it goes in and out of its shell. The worst possible thing that can happen is a round of nukes hitting it when it goes out of the shell putting it BACK in the shell. When this happens the mp drain to get it back out is immense and if it happens too much it can cost you the fight.

To make matters worse when you nuke it out of its shell, the additional nuking to make it come out again gives a lot of hate to the black mages. When running around trying to live the mages can't rest mp and they stand the risk all getting pretty fucked up to spells and silence aoes.

To cancel spells don't 'move', thats risky.. the only sure fire way to cancel casting quickly is to have a macro that says /heal on.

If things go well a single pld can keep hate pretty easilly. They won't take much damage kiting it so having rdms convert and pld cure them when the pld has full mp and nothing else to spend it on.

The real question is if it is worth it? The drop rate for eggs from this bc are quite low.. We have received 1 egg in our 25 victories and the drops take forever to sell..

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

mnk/sam are goon on it. but thf/sam and war/nin can make light pretty fast

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Devek has it right on the money.

The secret to this fight is syncroniziation. Out of shell, rest mp/melee, In Shell SC.

When we did it, we didn't have a fast enough SC so it stayed in its shell for a long time and it regens like 1% per 2 seconds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is one of the few fights in the game where a well geared RDM truly shines. With a ton of enfeebling skill you can abuse the crap out of that turtle with not just paralyze and slow, but also silence, gravity, and bind. You have to be quick on your toes to catch silence, but you can easily keep it silenced for most of the fight. And bind does save lives when it decides that it wants to wander around and make its own Tarutaru wine.

It is one of my favorite fights in the game because the RDM's contribution is so noticeable. Too bad the drops are total crap.

From my experience silencing him raises his regen by a noticable amount. Its best not to silence him, and just have melee WS stun his wategra.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblood
    From my experience silencing him raises his regen by a noticable amount. Its best not to silence him, and just have melee WS stun his wategra.
    I can't say that I noticed that. (But it is easy to notice when people keep nuking causing it to keep popping in and out of its shell since people don't know how to stop nukes... >_>)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblood
    I've heard this too, but it was probably a rumor from another trusted source...