+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of the Year.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Game of the Year.

Its that time for us to decide what game deserves top honors this year. What game was your GOTY?

Mine... Has to be zelda. Once again zelda games make every other game released look lazy and boring.

CALL OF DUTY 3

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Id like to say Xeno 3, but the story may have been good, but the gameplay is hardly the best out there, and FFXII was great fun, but the story was not as great as expected.

I chose Okami, simply because it had a nice balance of story, gameplay, and it actually had quite alot of originality.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Zelda, most definitely. 2nd best launch title of all time to many, 1st place to me. I still can't believe how good that game was, even if the difficulty was lacking.

Okami for a close 2nd sleeper hit.

FFXII.
    Sorry Zelda.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Console games sucked this past year.

Zelda was the only one I played.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

Then how did you know they sucked?

Little Mother
    BG Level

Zelda = FF12 > Okami > Everything else.

You can't force me to decide between Zelda and Penelo ; ;

BG Level

Thats quite a statement you made there.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

FFXII.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

ff12 > zelda > vp2

Lastly godhand cause i find it's a funny and interesting game. Don' think it'll get intot anyone list. Just had to say it

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Aye, compared to the past years and 2007s line up already, nothing really good came out.

How did I know they sucked? Did you need to play Superman 64 to know it sucked? Reviews, videos, previews, renting, borrowing, etc.

Shooters.. GoW is pretty good, but only for multiplayer, and even then there are a lot of aspects wrong with it. Were there any fighters this year? RPGs: Disgaea 2 for me, but lacked replay; FFXII was bleh. Action.. cant think of any.

Meeh.. I cant think of any game that stood out aside from Zelda, everything else was just so so, I really think 2006 was one of the worst years for gaming, never in my life have I played less games in than I have in 2006. I only bought 3 games.

Of course im sure that was someones favorite year.

BG Level

Aye, compared to the past years and 2007s line up already, nothing really good came out.

How did I know they sucked? Did you need to play Superman 64 to know it sucked? Reviews, videos, previews, renting, borrowing, etc.

Shooters.. GoW is pretty good, but only for multiplayer, and even then there are a lot of aspects wrong with it. Were there any fighters this year? RPGs: Disgaea 2 for me, but lacked replay; FFXII was bleh. Action.. cant think of any.

Meeh.. I cant think of any game that stood out aside from Zelda, everything else was just so so, I really think 2006 was one of the worst years for gaming, never in my life have I played less games in than I have in 2006. I only bought 3 games.

Of course im sure that was someones favorite year.
    What you said is fine, but i think you exagerated when you said 2006 sucked for videogames, or else they all would have suck, which almost imposible.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have to be cliche` and say Final Fantasy XII. It took its place as my favorite FF of all time. Never seen an RPG story become so epic so quickly as the when the Eccuria(sp?) explain everything to Ashe. Or perhaps when you are confronted by Gabranth at the top of that tower.

I don't get how people think the story was boring or stupid, it was the most intruguing one to me, moreso than an ex-soldier with an identity crisis, or a bunch of orphans raised to kill a witch.

I still have no Wii so I still have not played Zelda... sigh. I have a feeling I'd vote for Zelda if that weren't the case.

BG Level

I have to be cliche` and say Final Fantasy XII. It took its place as my favorite FF of all time. Never seen an RPG story become so epic so quickly as the when the Eccuria(sp?) explain everything to Ashe. Or perhaps when you are confronted by Gabranth at the top of that tower.
    It had many great moments and you are making me regret my decision

still spend most of your "gametime" playing FF11? if thats the case then its deserving for game of the year in my opinion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Most of the people don't like ff12 maybe because it's finally not some love hate story.

Then again everyone has their own taste in gaming. The game of the year might be poison to some but medicine to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltani
    Most of the people don't like ff12 maybe because it's finally not some love hate story.

Then again everyone has their own taste in gaming. The game of the year might be poison to some but medicine to others.
    Find somebody who doesnt like zelda.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

I don't like zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

I don't like zelda.
    have you played any?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast